[Q] Custom ROM CROMi-X or Cyanogenmod

Search This thread

EVANOVER

Sep 8, 2012
kernels

Have tried using all the current kernels and still on every reboot goes thru a upgrade loop. This nly happens on odex does not happen on deodex.

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Have tried using all the current kernels and still on every reboot goes thru a upgrade loop. This nly happens on odex does not happen on deodex.

Yeah, I seem to remember that is a bug currently, only happens on a clean install of the ODEX version. I believe the workaround is to flash DEODEX and then dirty flash ODEX on top of it - but don't quote me on this. I would just stick with DEODEX.

EVANOVER

Sep 8, 2012
Yeah, I seem to remember that is a bug currently, only happens on a clean install of the ODEX version. I believe the workaround is to flash DEODEX and then dirty flash ODEX on top of it - but don't quote me on this. I would just stick with DEODEX.

Have tried that, but every I install the odex version it goes into the upgrade loop

xRamz

Aug 14, 2013
Melbourne
Upgraded to 5.1a odex and on every reboot go thru optimizing applications. Installed 5.1a deodex and it boots just fine. Reinstated 5.1a odex and does the same optimizing loop on every boot.

I'm not sure if this solution will work for you but it did for me.
Reinstall cromi-x without x-loud, it's the cause for the optimizing app on every boot, or atleast it was for me.
I did this and now I don't have that problem. Hope it helps :)

SteveS815@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2015
Asus apps in Cromi-x

I recently flashed Crombi-kk and found that I missed the Asus apps that I used to use. Splashtop, Supernote, filemanager, etc. Does Cromi-x 5.4 contain the original apps. I tried the Asus apps for Crombi flash but it made my tf700t almost unusable.

Thanks,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Other than customizing how it looks, what are some of the other options that can be customized?

Er....

Kernel - 5 choices now I think
    DPI - Pixel definiton
    Resolution 1080p or 720p
    Which Asus Apps you want / don't want
    Which Google Apps you want / don't want
    5 different boot animations
    Loads of performance tweaks incluing overclocking, underclocking, over volting, under volting
    Additional options and menus
    Full theme support through the excellent Colour Theme Mod (Change colours of almost anything and battery icons etc)
    And loads more.

In fact I probably went a bit mad on the number of permutations I offer! :p It's a wonder they all work! :cool:
    Which of the cromi-x kernels support a 1Tb external drive? I flashed the ROM but I can't remember which kernel I picked during the installation. It couldn't read my external drive or a new 64 Gb microSD. I flashed back to stock which does support both BUT it is too darned slow!!!! Which should I pick next time? :confused:

Try that's OC variant ;)
    CROMi-X

berndblb probably summed it up the best in Post #4 but for me the only customROM choice is CROMi-X!!!

There are plenty of options and choices from rock solid stable to flying out of your hand fast but the most significant reason is you get a personalized team devoted to CROMi development, From the Master sbdags to the kernel developers, the software contributors as well as the testers. They seem like one big family... You basically get a bonus feature of an "Android Classroom" with this ROM. I have learned more about my TF700 from just following along with the OP's for all the CROMi-X versions.

Good luck and have fun with CROMi-X :D
    Went Cromi and very happy with speed, stability and overall performance.
    I've been using CROMi-X since I got my tablet last christmas. I love all of the customizations that they make available, plus all of the kernal options that they include.