Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Nokia Lumia 800 stuck on start screen, common fault?

30th March 2014, 08:05 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

290 posts
So I've had this Nokia Lumia 800 gathering dust in a box because I could never figure out how to restore it.
I'm guessing it's corrupt firmware or something but I know it's a common fault on this phone.

It's just stuck on start screen with the NOKIA logo.

It does sometimes bring up the no battery symbol, just a battery with one red bar in the middle of the screen and then windows trys to install drivers for it, so I guess it's recognized to some extent (fails to install drivers)

Does anybody have any ideas on bringing it back to life?

The phone was never rooted or modded
Last edited by UrbanDesigns; 30th March 2014 at 08:13 PM.
4th February 2015, 03:23 AM |#2  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 3

5 posts
Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanDesigns

So I've had this Nokia Lumia 800 gathering dust in a box because I could never figure out how to restore it.
I'm guessing it's corrupt firmware or something but I know it's a common fault on this phone.

It's just stuck on start screen with the NOKIA logo.

It does sometimes bring up the no battery symbol, just a battery with one red bar in the middle of the screen and then windows trys to install drivers for it, so I guess it's recognized to some extent (fails to install drivers)

Does anybody have any ideas on bringing it back to life?

The phone was never rooted or modded

You can try these (2) methods...
Method 1) Note If your phone is currently stuck on the manufacturer's logo, Disconnect your phone from the USB cable.
Hold the volume - and power buttons to turn it off. After your screen goes black, quickly hold only the camera button AND connect the USB cable to your phone and computer...before the phone vibrates and starts back up to the logo.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Continue holding down the camera button until you see the connect-to-computer screen.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Release the camera button.

Leave the phone restart alone, then wait about 4/5 minutes .
================================================== ========
Method 2) What u need:

Google this and download : Nokia Care Suite
Next step:

1. Open Program files (x86) -> Nokia -> Nokia Care Suite -> Application louncher -> bin -> ApplicationLauncher.exe
2. Choose PRODUCT SUPPORT TOOL FOR STORE
3. Take a Nokia Lumia 800. Turn it OFF. HOLD VOLUME+ BUTTON and Connect to pc with usb cable. Release when it vibrates.
4. In PRODUCT SUPPORT TOOL FOR STORE press PROGRAMMING-> RECOVERY.
5. Next step Press: FILE -> Open product.
6. Choose the RM-801 product. Press open. Wait until it loads. Dont take care if shows in corner some errors.
7. Press START.

Wait for the Phone to flash and restart. [After flashing connect your Nokia Lumia 800 to charger and wait first it shows: Battery with red indicator, then NOKIA logo, after 2-5 minutes phone will boot up 100 %].
...Thats it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread