KDZ of Android 5.0.1 Captured for T-Mobile LG G3

T-Mobile US is yet to release the 20B Lollipop build for the LG G3. Luckily enough, you … more

Build Custom Stock Kernel with Linaro GCC 4.9.1

With this guide for Sony devices, you will learn how to build a kernel using the Linaro … more

What’s Your Biggest Reason for Not Owning an iPhone?

With XDA being a community of Android enthusiasts, it is not uncommon to see … more

“New Kernel” for OnePlus One

If you are hungry for a new kernel on your OnePlus One, XDA Senior Member jgcaap‘s … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] safelink sim in android phone

8th January 2014, 07:33 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
hello. has anyone ever been able to get the sim from a SAFE-LINK OBAMA PHONE to work in an unlocked android phone?
my phone is unlocked and i think i should be able to use any gsm sim card in it. but when i put the safelink sim in, it says please put in a valid sim card or something like that.
any help, or answers for this..
Last edited by gameplayerdo2; 8th January 2014 at 07:46 AM. Reason: to add reason and more detail.
18th June 2014, 08:19 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameplayerdo2

hello. has anyone ever been able to get the sim from a SAFE-LINK OBAMA PHONE to work in an unlocked android phone?
my phone is unlocked and i think i should be able to use any gsm sim card in it. but when i put the safelink sim in, it says please put in a valid sim card or something like that.
any help, or answers for this..

Hello, your simcard is bad...
You need to call safelink and have them seend you a new simcard...
When you get your new simcard in the mail you will install it and call safelink/tracfone and have them activate your phones simcard over the phone..
The Following User Says Thank You to hjason7812 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th January 2015, 06:50 PM |#3  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 112

169 posts
More
Not sure if anyone's following this thread anymore, but I did some research on this subject and actually spoke to Tracfone and SafeLink reps. This remains untested as of yet but I'm about to commit and buy a device to switch my friends phone from the cheesy old school one they provide. Though grateful as she may be, it is a technologically inferior phone and it's at least worth a try, because devices with the following specs are very cheap.
1. The replacement device MUST BE A TRACFONE.
2. It must have the same size Sim card slot as the one they provided initially, hers is a MINI SIM, so I assume they ALL are.
3. It must be a GSM device as they only provide service specific to their SIM card.
4. It MUST BE A NON-ANDROID device.
So, when I find a gsm Tracfone that's non-android, has a Mini-Sim card slotand doesn't have a touch screen, I'll buy it, call SafeLink to have her service transferred to that device and let you know what happens. According to the reps touch screen devices may or may not work as transferring service doesn't happen everyday. Wish me luck.

Sent from my N9510
3rd February 2015, 06:43 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
thanks for that. im just now seeing this response from you some how. but i am going to try it once i get another android phone.
THANKS AGAIN.
3rd February 2015, 06:48 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
any reason why it must be a non android device? that almost defeats the purpose..
4th February 2015, 10:04 PM |#6  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 112

169 posts
More
I think they mean Android operating systems. So an older Windows or Samsung phone should work. I'm still looking through the ton of phones that are available and non-android before I commit to buying one. And am still searching databases on the subject just to make sure, but am about to move on it soon. Will post when I do and let you know if it works okay.

Tapatapped it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
obama phone, safe link, safelink, sim card, unlocked phone
Previous Thread Next Thread