[KERNEL][SPR][TW-AOSP 4.4,5.0,5.1][05/02/2015] KT-SGS5 - OB1 - KTweaker

Search This thread

netengineer

Yeah I agree with you on the no Shealth warning. I used it but then didn't care for it once I flashed L. Now I miss it and have flashed back to MOAR 2.2. Ktoonz works perfectly and Shealth works great too. L is just a bunch of cosmetic crap. Didn't see any performance boost. Actually was worse. Some apps stopped working and my phone would always freeze. Now I'm perfect. 4.4.4 Sprint with MOAR 2.2 v4.4.2. I'm happier.

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda premium

Just a quick question. What did you do to go back? I'm thinking about doing great it. I have a backup in TWRP. Do you just restore it or do you have to go back to the previous firmware? (Okay more than one question)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk 2

youngpro83

Jun 22, 2009
Where Dem LouIziAniMals Stay
Just a quick question. What did you do to go back? I'm thinking about doing great it. I have a backup in TWRP. Do you just restore it or do you have to go back to the previous firmware? (Okay more than one question)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I had to flash either the NE5 tar or the NK4 tar. I chose the NK4 tar. Then I rooted it with cfautoroot. Then flashed recovery. Flashed MOAR 2.2. Then I restored my backup from TWRP. Backup was done on MOAR 2.2. Now I'm on the latest Sprint firmware with MOAR as the ROM. Haven't had any issues at all.

Sent from my SM-G900P using xda premium

Last edited:

mporps1234

Nov 24, 2014
Toronto
Yea. I find them to run a lot more smoother and stable on both TW and AOSP when the profiles are actually TW based.

One last question. Will any build.prop changes interfere with kernel setting? I'm thinking specifically about pm sleep mode and power scheduler.
btw...on Ktoonsified v2.2 i'm getting kickass battery life. I haven't given rebirthing a good run on my current setup though.

Last edited:

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Is the "TWRP Recovery by Ktoonsez" in the OP just your modded version of TWRP, or is it that and your Kernel in one package? TIA!

Confused me bc the download said "TWRP-KT.ALL-IN-1.zip" lol.

Ramondel

Dec 3, 2011
Nashville
Is the "TWRP Recovery by Ktoonsez" in the OP just your modded version of TWRP, or is it that and your Kernel in one package? TIA!

Confused me bc the download said "TWRP-KT.ALL-IN-1.zip" lol.

KT's TWRP is the fixed version. The Original TWRP had a lot of bugs in it and KT took it upon himself to fix the code and get it working for us.

El.Dante565

Oct 18, 2012
Speaking about KT TWRP has anyone had a problem with the keyboard being laggy? I'm us I ng Moar 5 and the latest. It works pretty well just have trouble typing in it. Also I have a theme I'm going try deactivating the theme.

Edit: It looks like the theme was the culprit.

Last edited:

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
4fb98c4be2161.png

TWRP Recovery by Ktoonsez:
02.06.2015: http://goo.gl/LgBsuk

Change Log 02.06.2015
1. gui: fix console lockup when scrolling …
2. gui: make kinetic scrolling more natural …
3. Unify scrollable list code …
4. Disable stock recovery replacing TWRP during ORS …
5. Allow wiping f2fs to reserve space for a crypto footer …
6. MTP: make MTP work even if unplugged and replugged …
7. gui: simplify code in GUIKeyboard …
8. gui: fix potential invalid memory access …
9. gui: fix hardware keyboard …
10. gui: fix lag (and event logging)

Top Liked Posts