Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Slimport adapter (Micro usb to HDMI)

19th January 2015, 01:50 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 158

425 posts
Hi guys,

Well, After some time, I finally got my SlimPort Adapter...

Even got 2 of them. One is direct micro-usb to HDMI Male, which allows to connect directly to a device without the need for an extra HDMI cable !

I happily report that I infirm my previous post ! My problems obviously were related to a malfunctioning adapter.
Both adapters I got allow me to connect to a TV or a VP : image is stable and no flickering whatsoever.

Might keep the LG G3 after all

Regards.

FRED
19th January 2015, 03:26 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 55

607 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusPenguin

Hi guys,

Well, After some time, I finally got my SlimPort Adapter...

Even got 2 of them. One is direct micro-usb to HDMI Male, which allows to connect directly to a device without the need for an extra HDMI cable !

I happily report that I infirm my previous post ! My problems obviously were related to a malfunctioning adapter.
Both adapters I got allow me to connect to a TV or a VP : image is stable and no flickering whatsoever.

Might keep the LG G3 after all

Regards.

FRED

Glad you got it worked out. Which adapters did you buy?

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app
20th January 2015, 01:28 AM |#23  
Flag Webster, NY
Thanks Meter: 94

593 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cool
FYI, There is a new official SlimPort adapter out now since most of the posts here - the SP1004. You can buy it here: http://www.amazon.com/Official-Slimp...eywords=SP1004

This is latest adapter and from what I'm seeing, it came out in around September of 2014. It supports high speed AC charging thru it's USB port and has fixes for reliability etc. I would say if you're looking to buy one of these adapters, this one for sure, is the one to get.

Analogix, the company that actually makes these, lists it as the latest in the series:
http://www.analogix.com/en/products/adapters/sp1004

I guess they had a lot of problems of not only third party adapters, but also knockoffs of existing models. Even the http://www.slimportconnect.com/ website incorrectly lists the prior SP1003 model.

I'll be ordering one this week, for my G3 and my Nexus 7 (2013), and I'll report back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Protonus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2015, 04:33 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 3

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus

FYI, There is a new official SlimPort adapter out now since most of the posts here - the SP1004. You can buy it here: http://www.amazon.com/Official-Slimp...eywords=SP1004

This is latest adapter and from what I'm seeing, it came out in around September of 2014. It supports high speed AC charging thru it's USB port and has fixes for reliability etc. I would say if you're looking to buy one of these adapters, this one for sure, is the one to get.

Analogix, the company that actually makes these, lists it as the latest in the series:
http://www.analogix.com/en/products/adapters/sp1004

I guess they had a lot of problems of not only third party adapters, but also knockoffs of existing models. Even the http://www.slimportconnect.com/ website incorrectly lists the prior SP1003 model.

I'll be ordering one this week, for my G3 and my Nexus 7 (2013), and I'll report back.

Hi ive used the analogix one for about 6 months now and it works great apart from on my main tv (52" Samsung).
Tested and worked fine on no-brand 720p 2001 tv, Blaupunkt 24", and Sony bravia 32".
I can highly recommend this product.
Also btw....the built in miracast on G3 works great with my Sony bravia so I hardly use this adapter any more but its a valuable little piece of kit!

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

one more thing...the analogix has the extra micro-usb port on the adapter itself so that you connect your charger.
This is necessary as the screen still displays the image on the phone as well as the tv and will drain the battery without it.
2nd February 2015, 04:10 PM |#25  
Flag Webster, NY

593 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by dferg

Hi ive used the analogix one for about 6 months now and it works great apart from on my main tv (52" Samsung).

Yup, I now have the SP1004 and am happy to report it works great on my G3 and on my Nexus 7 (2013)! Highly recommended.
9th February 2015, 07:17 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 10

67 posts
I noticed that i didn't get audio out on the PacMan ROM with my SlimPort. I'm running a customized version of stock right now and it works great, but wouldn't mind finding other ROMs.

What ROM are you on currently with fully working SlimPort?
10th February 2015, 12:44 AM |#27  
Flag Webster, NY

593 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braaainz

I noticed that i didn't get audio out on the PacMan ROM with my SlimPort. I'm running a customized version of stock right now and it works great, but wouldn't mind finding other ROMs.

What ROM are you on currently with fully working SlimPort?

Stock 12b ROM with SkyDragon v2.9.7 kernel, and highly customized with G3 Tweaksbox.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
10th February 2015, 02:46 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 10

67 posts
Thanks for replying. I was hoping to hear from non-stock ROMs, but I'm fairly happy with stock. If we were able to port the lg g3 camera app, i would probably jump tho.

I have two slimports currently. Both will occasionally falter for a second, going to a black screen on my tv, but otherwise I'm very happy. Much more responsive and higher quality than casting my screen over WiFi. Too bad we can not do USB OTG with a slimport tho.

Only criticism i really have with the slimport is the connection is fairly loose. I wish it clipped in better like my usual micro usb power cables.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread