FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Q] HTC One boot loop

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By samp94, Junior Member on 26th January 2014, 05:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi hopefully someone can help me out here.

My HTC One is running Android Revolution HD 41.0, TWRP 2.6.3.3. Last night for no apparent reason the phone shut down, when i tried to power it back on it was caught in a boot loop, getting no further than the HTC logo screen. I can get into the bootloader by holding the volume down key but not recovery. This morning it powered on fine and I have been using it for a few hours today - the phone lost charge and I am now in the same situation again. The only way i can get into recovery is by reflashing using fastboot then immediately booting into it. I can only access the recovery once per flash. Whilst in recovery i attempted to backup the phone and it once again shut down (17% charge at this point).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I attempt to reflash the ROM from the recovery? Or try another recovery as there seems to be an issue with the recovery partition also.
 
 
26th January 2014, 08:43 PM |#2  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,866
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samp94

Hi hopefully someone can help me out here.

My HTC One is running Android Revolution HD 41.0, TWRP 2.6.3.3. Last night for no apparent reason the phone shut down, when i tried to power it back on it was caught in a boot loop, getting no further than the HTC logo screen. I can get into the bootloader by holding the volume down key but not recovery. This morning it powered on fine and I have been using it for a few hours today - the phone lost charge and I am now in the same situation again. The only way i can get into recovery is by reflashing using fastboot then immediately booting into it. I can only access the recovery once per flash. Whilst in recovery i attempted to backup the phone and it once again shut down (17% charge at this point).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I attempt to reflash the ROM from the recovery? Or try another recovery as there seems to be an issue with the recovery partition also.

I would RUU back to stock and see if the recovery partition gets repaired look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 12:12 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

I would RUU back to stock and see if the recovery partition gets repaired look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082

I'm currently S-ON, to S-OFF rumrunner says i need to have my passcode disabled. That's not possible as I can't boot... any ideas?
27th January 2014, 12:15 AM |#4  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,866
 
Donate to Me
More
The passcode doesn't matter then

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
27th January 2014, 11:51 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I still don't think i'm going to be able to s-off with rum runner as it requires the phone to be booted to andoid "Ensure device is booted to android with usb debugging enabled". I can't boot to android, do i have any other options?

Here's the output of fastboot getvar:

INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.54.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 2.24.401.8
INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
INFOserialno:
INFOimei:
INFOmeid: 00000000000000
INFOproduct: m7_ul
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064
INFOmodelid: PN0710000
INFOcidnum: HTC__001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4016mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: dirty-d959c75800
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0
27th January 2014, 03:27 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by samp94

I still don't think i'm going to be able to s-off with rum runner as it requires the phone to be booted to andoid "Ensure device is booted to android with usb debugging enabled". I can't boot to android, do i have any other options?

Here's the output of fastboot getvar:

INFOversion: 0.5
INFOversion-bootloader: 1.54.0000
INFOversion-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
INFOversion-cpld: None
INFOversion-microp: None
INFOversion-main: 2.24.401.8
INFOversion-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
INFOserialno:
INFOimei:
INFOmeid: 00000000000000
INFOproduct: m7_ul
INFOplatform: HBOOT-8064
INFOmodelid: PN0710000
INFOcidnum: HTC__001
INFObattery-status: good
INFObattery-voltage: 4016mV
INFOpartition-layout: Generic
INFOsecurity: on
INFObuild-mode: SHIP
INFOboot-mode: FASTBOOT
INFOcommitno-bootloader: dirty-d959c75800
INFOhbootpreupdate: 11
INFOgencheckpt: 0

and you are unable to flash or reflash a ROM?
27th January 2014, 06:02 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

and you are unable to flash or reflash a ROM?

I'm now unable to power the phone on, i've had it on charge for a few hours now and still nothing. Holding the power and volume down button doesn't work either. I was previously able to install new recovery images but flashing a new ROM didn't work as I kept experiencing hanging issues in recover and the last ROM flash crashed TWRP.

I'm considering returning the phone as it is still within warranty but i'm worried i'll have trouble as it has been rooted. Does anyone have any experience of returning a rooted phone?
11th February 2015, 06:23 AM |#8  
coolbeans2016's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
some workarounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by samp94

I'm now unable to power the phone on, i've had it on charge for a few hours now and still nothing. Holding the power and volume down button doesn't work either. I was previously able to install new recovery images but flashing a new ROM didn't work as I kept experiencing hanging issues in recover and the last ROM flash crashed TWRP.

I'm considering returning the phone as it is still within warranty but i'm worried i'll have trouble as it has been rooted. Does anyone have any experience of returning a rooted phone?

I am a newbie too but wanted to let everyone know concerning "not charging". I have seen where this is an issue with problem flashes and THIS can be resolved by having a wireless charging unit handy:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/How-t...tphone_id65805

And for us HTC users, problems have just become a mute point:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2183023



lee
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes