Originally Posted by PulseDroid
IMPORTANT :- My imbox is overflowing with PMs, please keep sending them but understand that I won't be able to reply immediately.
We all know FlappyBird that super irritating bird crashing into every obstacle it sees. Since FlappyDoge was released I am sure some of you decompiled that apk and snooped around a bit. I made this thread for the less advance users who haven't had the guts to do that! Think how cool it would be to show your friends your version of Flappy____ that has your face on it!
I've created some elements in Photoshop ( and attached the psd's ) so that you find editing the game even easier.
Here is an example I quickly did ( Really quickly :P ) :
C:\Path to apktool>apktool d "Original FlappyBird.apk" workspace
Now we get to the actual modding, download my zip here. In there is a font folder, open that up and install the font.
- Unzip then navigate to assets/gfx - This folder contains most of the Graphic elements of FlappyBird. ( The birds, Buttons, Score etc. )
- In there is two files, a psd and png, open the atlas.psd in Photoshop and edit away, I categorized the parts already. Note:- If you don't have Photoshop, you can edit the png, it will be a little bit harder though.
- Copy the "atlas.png" to the assets/gfx of the decompiled apk.
- In my Zip, navigate to drawable - Once again there is a psd and png file, edit as you like.
- Copy the "splash.png" to /res/drawable of the decompiled apk.
- The folders: drawable-640dpi ; drawable-mdpi ; drawable-xhdpi ; drawable-xxhdpi contains different sizes of icons.
- Edit them as you like, again there is psds and pngs. - You can easily change the color gradient in Photoshop!
- Copy all the ic_launcher.png files to their corresponding folders in the decompiled apps /res directory.
5. App Name and Others:
In my Zip, navigate to /values in there is a strings.xml open it with your choice of advanced text editor ( e.g. Notepad++ ).
To change the app name, edit the following line:
Then copy the strings.xml to the decompiled apk's /res/values/ folder.
<string name="app_name">Flappy Pulse</string>
6. Recompile & Sign:
Again recompile using My guide.
Remember to sign your app otherwise it wont' install! - I always use Zipsigner
C:\Path to apktool>apktool b workspace FlappyExample.apk
That should do it! Hope you learned some things and had fun, enjoy raging at your own personalized Flappy_____
Thanks to @holabola for indirectly giving me the idea.
I tried this tutorial with 2 other tutorial:
Very successful about a politician in my country. My teachers at my school (I'm still in high school) loved creating my flappy mod, and it was very funny.
The main teacher in my class, came up with an idea, make a game with all my classmates in it, but the problem is that there is only one that can be displayed or sound in the game.
My question is if there is any way to make multiple characters, which will change randomly each time the game is over?
The idea is that all my classmates will be in the game, as little birds (their head instead of the bird lol), and every student will have it's own sounds. I know it may be very difficult, and might will include coding, but I want to know, and maybe you know how to do such a thing?
Thanks In Advance
P.S It might be not effective if I'll post here my flappy mod, because it is in Hebrew, and include so much jokes you might won't understand about the politician, but there it is:
It called "Sheli Bird", which is a parody about Shelly Yachimovich (discovered later that this is how "Shelly" ibeen written)