I was add it to zip. It worked.
6th February 2015, 01:46 AM |#1314  
Thanks Meter: 7

151 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Flash Ktoonsez kernel or Stock ND8 permissive kernel by CNexus

My ROMs: Wicked X & Wicked S5 Xperience

Is there a noticeable difference between Ktoon and the Cnexus kernels?
6th February 2015, 01:51 AM |#1315  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 32,224

17,067 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalala

Is there a noticeable difference between Ktoon and the Cnexus kernels?

If you know how to tweak kernel settings (yes there is a noticeable difference if you know what you're doing), use KToonsez (it comes with the KTweaker app that is used to tweak the kernel settings), if you don't, then use the stock kernel (CNexus' is just the stock kernel with SE Linux set permissive, which solves the SD problem).

Last edited by bilgerryan; 6th February 2015 at 03:15 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2015, 12:38 AM |#1316  

151 posts
Quote:

If you know how to tweak kernel settings (yes there is a noticeable difference if you know what you're doing), use KToonsez (it comes with the KTweaker app that is used to tweak the kernel settings), if you don't, then use the stock kernel (CNexus' is just the stock kernel with SE Linux set permissive, which solves the SD problem).

Am I mistaken in thinking there was either kernel or an app that allowed the user to set the clock speed of each of the cores on the CPU? So one could run at 1.5 and the other, maybe, at 800?

I'm having a real issue with balancing battery life with performance. After reading the wiki on the different governors, it appeared as if "smartass v2" was the best bet. But I still set the CPU lower to about 1.1 Ghz thinking the governor would compensate for a lower stock clock speed of 1.5 Ghz.

Is it the speed that is wrong?
11th February 2015, 02:28 AM |#1317  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

17,067 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Am I mistaken in thinking there was either kernel or an app that allowed the user to set the clock speed of each of the cores on the CPU? So one could run at 1.5 and the other, maybe, at 800?

I'm having a real issue with balancing battery life with performance. After reading the wiki on the different governors, it appeared as if "smartass v2" was the best bet. But I still set the CPU lower to about 1.1 Ghz thinking the governor would compensate for a lower stock clock speed of 1.5 Ghz.

Is it the speed that is wrong?

I believe Kernel Tuner allows you to set separate speeds for different cores. You may just need a new battery, especially if it's more than a year old. The kernel doesn't compensate, it follows the CPU speed settings you input.

11th February 2015, 06:33 PM |#1318  

151 posts
Quote:

I believe Kernel Tuner allows you to set separate speeds for different cores. You may just need a new battery, especially if it's more than a year old. The kernel doesn't compensate, it follows the CPU speed settings you input.

I just bought a new battery from Amazon this past month. It was a Zerolemon that was advertised as just slightly larger in capacity than the OEM battery. So it's not the 7000 mAh or whatever they have. It's basically stock.

The battery improved when I shut off Google Now voice recognition, but I feel like there's something else killing the battery. I use BetterBatteryStats and I might be getting 1.5 hours of screen on time. LTE is always on but it was on three months ago as well and I didn't have this issue of the battery draining at this rate.
11th February 2015, 06:42 PM |#1319  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

17,067 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I just bought a new battery from Amazon this past month. It was a Zerolemon that was advertised as just slightly larger in capacity than the OEM battery. So it's not the 7000 mAh or whatever they have. It's basically stock.

The battery improved when I shut off Google Now voice recognition, but I feel like there's something else killing the battery. I use BetterBatteryStats and I might be getting 1.5 hours of screen on time. LTE is always on but it was on three months ago as well and I didn't have this issue of the battery draining at this rate.

You could try updating to the latest firmware-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3007847- but just tell you, you should not keep your data on all the time. If you're doing something (like at work) turn it off. That alone will greatly improve your battery. The same thing with Location and Wi-Fi, if you're not using it, turn it off.

12th February 2015, 01:46 AM |#1320  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
iI some how added the add toggles 2 times? can i remove 1 and how? please!!!

edit!
I SOLVED IT WITH SQLITE DEBUGGER,,,,, THEN REBOOT, WAIT, its shows up still, Easy fix, I went to the panel edit and click reset. and bam, back to one!!!!! cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by compsman; 12th February 2015 at 04:47 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to compsman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kitkat, nd8, ota, sprint, stock rom
Previous Thread Next Thread