FORUMS

Android Pay Announced, Further Simplifies Mobile Pyments

The mobile payment space has heated up recently, with multiple companies like … more

Android M Adds Fingerprint Support

Along with other features, Android M has brought along Fingerprint Support to the OS.This comes in … more

Webview Update on Android M Dev Preview

Google has announced an update to the Webview implementations on the upcoming Android M … more

Android M Brings Granular Permission Controls

Google I/O 2015 is underway,  and Sundar Pichai opened the event with the usual … more

View Poll Results: Did this make Aroma real easy?

Yes,awesome work!

43 Vote(s)
86.00%
I am still confused!

7 Vote(s)
14.00%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Tool][Aroma Builder] ◢● Lazy Aroma ●◣ Build an Aroma Installer in just few Clicks

26th January 2015, 06:10 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
i have now tried with cwm installed by mtk droid tools, touchscreen issue is the same... its strange the phone reacts to first touch: feg i see aroma setup window, click next, next is highlighted and phone vibrates (altough next is not acutally clicked) and then touch stops working...

I also checked the log file, first it gave me install error status 0... i then followed the advice in aroma q&a thread, pulled the update-binary from a working "normal" rom, renamed it update-binary-installer and replaced the file with the same name in my zip. I then get a different error in the log: unexptected end at line XX (always the last line of my script).
No files are transfered in both cases.

Can you tell me more about the different files? where shoud i take them from? I now understand aroma-config and updater-script and how they are linked. but the updater-binary should be the same for every rom as long its the same device? and what exactly does updater-binary-installer?
Hope you have some more ideas... because i really dont understand this ^^
ps Kingzone K1 Turbo is my device. Would it help if i upload the updater and aroma-config scripts? I also got both files from a different working Aroma rom for my phone, but this rom was 4.2 not 4.4 so im not sure if its a smart idea

26th January 2015, 06:58 PM |#62  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag No where
Thanks Meter: 1,038

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M47Z

i have now tried with cwm installed by mtk droid tools, touchscreen issue is the same... its strange the phone reacts to first touch: feg i see aroma setup window, click next, next is highlighted and phone vibrates (altough next is not acutally clicked) and then touch stops working...

I also checked the log file, first it gave me install error status 0... i then followed the advice in aroma q&a thread, pulled the update-binary from a working "normal" rom, renamed it update-binary-installer and replaced the file with the same name in my zip. I then get a different error in the log: unexptected end at line XX (always the last line of my script).
No files are transfered in both cases.

Can you tell me more about the different files? where shoud i take them from? I now understand aroma-config and updater-script and how they are linked. but the updater-binary should be the same for every rom as long its the same device? and what exactly does updater-binary-installer?
Hope you have some more ideas... because i really dont understand this ^^
ps Kingzone K1 Turbo is my device. Would it help if i upload the updater and aroma-config scripts? I also got both files from a different working Aroma rom for my phone, but this rom was 4.2 not 4.4 so im not sure if its a smart idea

share your updater-script and also tell the line of error...
if it says unexpected end of line...
get your updater script formatted to unix spacing using win2unix . Google it
26th January 2015, 08:10 PM |#63  

More
it says unexpected end (but not 'end of line') and only if I manually replace update-binary-installer! I dont understand why I should replace it it was just recommended...
if I dont change anything of the output zip i get error (status 0)
so eroor line is either first or last line depending on upadte-binary-installer.
attatched my aroma config and updater script unmodified, like i found it in output folder, renamed it to .txt so i could upload it. thanks!

EDIT: Touch works on the other aroma rom I mentioned, with same recovery. Of course the installing bug also doesnt appear
But this is a JB ROM, not KK, I guess many parts (like partitions!) should have changed since then!
I added the scripts from this rom as well (those beginning with working_jb), in case they are of any use.

Only thing I found is the working JB ROM uses aroma version 2.70B4 while the ROM I build with your tool has version 2.70B6... Could using 2.70B4 fix my touch issues, or is this root of the problem somewhere else?

EDIT2: Coul status 0 error be related to not having unix spacing? however script i uploaded is untouched from zip, so should not be the issue right?

EDIT3: Still the same issue, but now im pretty sure its somewhere in the updater-script. checked with cat for invisible windows characters but there where none, tried with dos2unix never the less but same result.
Heres the exact error:

Code:
    line 698 col 1: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting IF or STRING or '!' or '('
    1 parse errors

Installer Error (Status 6)
I just dont get why it is expection IF, STRING, ! or ( If I forgot to close a if it should say expected ENDIF or something like this? why is it expecting a NEW if, string...
Last edited by M47Z; 6th February 2015 at 11:32 PM.
8th February 2015, 01:04 AM |#64  

More
aalright sorry for double post but i feel like if i edit my previous post any further it will get unreadable

I now managed to get a working rom, this is what i had to do:
- status 0 error from beginning: had to take my stock update-binary, rename it to update-binary-installer and replace the update-binary-installer in the zip file with it.
- touch issue: seems to be a problem with newest aroma for me. I took update-binary from aroma 2.56, replaced the one in zip and touch worked fine
- unexpected end error: had modify the updater script a lot. already mount commands for partitions didnt work, permission fixing didnt work and i also replaced the symlinks by those from my base flashable zip.

i attached the new updater-script, maybe it helps someone with simular problems.

So here are my thoughts on Lazy Aroma:
Overall amazing, good to get to know Aroma and to build a basic structure for your rom.
However in my case I still had to replace and modify many files manually.
Also I think Lazy Aroma should be more error tolerant, if you press one wrong button you have to basically restart the whole thing! It would be nice if you could save the state after every step feg.
Still, this makes it so much easier to get started! And with some patience and trial and error attitude you can make a awesome aroma rom
thanks again for your great work
Attached Files
File Type: txt updater-script.txt - [Click for QR Code] (27.4 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by M47Z; 8th February 2015 at 01:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to M47Z For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2015, 06:39 PM |#65  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag No where
Thanks Meter: 1,038

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M47Z

aalright sorry for double post but i feel like if i edit my previous post any further it will get unreadable

I now managed to get a working rom, this is what i had to do:
- status 0 error from beginning: had to take my stock update-binary, rename it to update-binary-installer and replace the update-binary-installer in the zip file with it.
- touch issue: seems to be a problem with newest aroma for me. I took update-binary from aroma 2.56, replaced the one in zip and touch worked fine
- unexpected end error: had modify the updater script a lot. already mount commands for partitions didnt work, permission fixing didnt work and i also replaced the symlinks by those from my base flashable zip.

i attached the new updater-script, maybe it helps someone with simular problems.

So here are my thoughts on Lazy Aroma:
Overall amazing, good to get to know Aroma and to build a basic structure for your rom.
However in my case I still had to replace and modify many files manually.
Also I think Lazy Aroma should be more error tolerant, if you press one wrong button you have to basically restart the whole thing! It would be nice if you could save the state after every step feg.
Still, this makes it so much easier to get started! And with some patience and trial and error attitude you can make a awesome aroma rom
thanks again for your great work

Well great you have it working. Just gimme a list of all changes u had to make to updater-script to get it working,
so some commands are device specific
and can generalise them
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aroma, customize, installer, quick, rom zip
Previous Thread Next Thread