Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

[Q] How compatible is the Verizon Samsung S5 with AT&T / T-Mobile?

6th December 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I put an AT&T SIM in a VZW Galaxy S5, set up the APN according to the AT&T website and everything seems to be in working order (minus LTE) and voicemail. How do I get voicemail to work?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app
7th December 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 2

68 posts
Is it compatitible with metropcs edge / 3g / 4g / LTE?
8th December 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_m_p

I put an AT&T SIM in a VZW Galaxy S5, set up the APN according to the AT&T website and everything seems to be in working order (minus LTE) and voicemail. How do I get voicemail to work?

Go to contacts, settings, call, voice mail settings, change the number to your phone number. It's still dialing *86 which is how you reach voicemail on verizon.
The Following User Says Thank You to IEatBananas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #54  

3 posts
I changed the voicemail number from*86 to 1-888-288-8893 but it still doesn't work. Also, I disable the setup wizard for the unknown Sim but it popped back up and the phone was not restarted. Any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1418424896154.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	3061326  
9th February 2015, 06:25 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 18

169 posts
Did you ever get voicemail to work? What about LTE. I'm seeing mixed results regarding that part.
10th February 2015, 12:28 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 13

68 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by laestrella

Did you ever get voicemail to work? What about LTE. I'm seeing mixed results regarding that part.

You can't use the verizon voicemail app for voicemail. I am on Consumer Cellular and put CC's voicemail number in the voicemail number, but I have to use direct dial. I just changed the icon to the voicemail icon. If I remember correctly, touching notification uses the direct dial once I have the shortcut made, but I'd have to test to make sure.
14th February 2015, 02:51 AM   |  #57  

1 posts
fix sim card is from unknown source problem.
ur s5 must be roote. first install es file explorer. then go in it and go to /device system priv.app or app u should see samsung wizard i think its called its something wizard though. you hold the icon and delete and it should work. tell me if it worked for you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread