[HACK] Grow your data partition

OP cyansmoker

11th February 2015, 12:48 AM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 5

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashiru

That depends on where you're running adb from.
If your adb.exe is located in C:\adb\adb.exe, you probably navigated to C:\adb first in the command prompt. which means that when you only type mmcblk0p21_persist_ext4.img, that it's referring to that img file in C:\adb. So make sure you place the files you need to push to your phone in the same folder as adb.exe.

If you didn't navigate to a certain folder first, that means that your adb is installed globally on the system (and it's probably located in your windows folder or your environment variables have been changed). In that case the easiest way to fix this issue is by creating a folder on your C:\ drive called adb (any folder will do as long as there aren't any spaces in the name), place all the files you have to push in there and use the command adb push C:\adb\mmc_blk0p21_persist_ext4.img /sdcard/. Simply add repeat that (adding C:\adb\ before the filename) for the other files as well and that should resolve it.

Let me know if you figured it out

Thanks very much. I got there in the end. Now with a 6GB data partition
14th February 2015, 08:38 PM   |  #92  
Thanks Meter: 22

52 posts
I just updated the guide a little bit. After my WiFi started acting up on CM11 and CM11 no longer being available for download I decided to upgrade to Lollipop. For that I wanted to have a little more app space (because of ART) and had to repartition it again to 6 GB. I've now been able to confirm that it is in fact possible to do all steps from post #34 through ADB shell. I have however decided to leave the guide as it is right now because it's less likely to run into any permission denied issues. I'd like to thank everyone who tried this before I did and reported back to this forum (and the Oppo forums) to make me aware oft his possibility. Cheers!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread