Benchmark Results: S6 Obliterates M9, What Happened?

The post Benchmark Results: S6 Obliterates M9, What Happened? appeared first on … more

True Silent Mode for Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The post True Silent Mode for Lollipop XDA Xposed Tuesday appeared first on … more

List of Edge Panel Compatible Apps

more

Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more
Post Reply

[Q] Galaxy Light No OS installed!

OP noggin9797

25th April 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I am pretty new to this whole rooting process and stuff like that, but I rooted my phone and put the TWRP Rom on my phone. It has been running really slow lately, so I did a hard Advanced Wipe from the TWRP menu. I checked all the options in the Advanced Wipe area. Now when I try to reboot it, it keeps saying that there is No OS installed. And when I reboot it, it just feezes at the Samsung Galaxy screen. How do I install an OS on it? Thanks in advance...
Last edited by noggin9797; 25th April 2014 at 03:26 AM.
25th April 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #2  
Mufrad's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 65
 
301 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin9797

I am pretty new to this whole rooting process and stuff like that, but I rooted my phone and put the TWRP Rom on my phone. It has been running really slow lately, so I did a hard Advanced Wipe from the TWRP menu. I checked all the options in the Advanced Wipe area. Now when I try to reboot it, it keeps saying that there is No OS installed. And when I reboot it, it just feezes at the Samsung Galaxy screen. How do I install an OS on it? Thanks in advance...

You formatted your whole device.... Go to sammobile website, download firmware for your device and flash using Odin.

[Galaxy Note 3 - Dr.Ketan's K6 ROM]
[Galaxy Note 2 - DN3 v4 RC2]
[Xperia Neo L - Customized Stock ICS]
25th April 2014, 11:59 AM   |  #3  
gtsip's Avatar
Member
Flag Patras
Thanks Meter: 11
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin9797

I am pretty new to this whole rooting process and stuff like that, but I rooted my phone and put the TWRP Rom on my phone. It has been running really slow lately, so I did a hard Advanced Wipe from the TWRP menu. I checked all the options in the Advanced Wipe area. Now when I try to reboot it, it keeps saying that there is No OS installed. And when I reboot it, it just feezes at the Samsung Galaxy screen. How do I install an OS on it? Thanks in advance...

Since you have installed already TWRP, you have nothing to fear. Through TWRP and ADB drivers you can copy a new ROM zip file to your phone and install it.
Last edited by gtsip; 25th April 2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: info change
25th April 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Could someone please tell me where I can find a ROM for my Galaxy Light. Sammobile.com doesn't have the firmware for the Light. Thanks...
25th April 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 621
 
3,255 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noggin9797

Could someone please tell me where I can find a ROM for my Galaxy Light. Sammobile.com doesn't have the firmware for the Light. Thanks...

Doesn't seem like there is much love for your device. I did find someone who had made a nandroid of a fairly stock set up, but you need to switch to CWM recovery to utilize it.

Unzip to /data/media/clockworkmod/backup via adb or you will need to use an external SD card since it won't boot.:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e03mdebntt...3.02.15.09.zip

This is NOT a rom to be flashed, but a nandroid backup to be restored with CWM.

Thanks goes to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=700
25th April 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Doesn't seem like there is much love for your device. I did find someone who had made a nandroid of a fairly stock set up, but you need to switch to CWM recovery to utilize it.

Unzip to /data/media/clockworkmod/backup via adb or you will need to use an external SD card since it won't boot.:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e03mdebntt...3.02.15.09.zip

This is NOT a rom to be flashed, but a nandroid backup to be restored with CWM.

Thanks goes to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=700

How do I switch to CWM? I am fairly new to this...
25th April 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 621
 
3,255 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=560
14th February 2015, 10:58 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
Exclamation I did this too!
I did this too and when I used Odin to flash stock rom it still got stuck at T-Mobile splash screen. To fix this take out battery, put it back in, start it up, and immediately keep pressing the Volue + and - at the sMe time until you get to the android is upgrading screen. I have a question though, after this happened I was no longer able to make any phones calls or connect to 4G, I kept getting a not registered on network error, my imei number and serial number changed, I didn't back up my EFS, and when I try to go into settings>more networks>mobile networks>network operators I get a message saying "error while searching foR networks" someone help me. I rerooted my phone, downloaded an posed module off the play store that allows me to change my imei and I changed it back to original but still no luck. HELP!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-light
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes