FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

The Moto G Battery Life Tips & Tricks Thread

1,383 posts
Thanks Meter: 553

By lowrider262, Senior Member on 7th January 2014, 03:41 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th January 2015, 01:04 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurjain093

Which version of android are u using??

Latest stock KitKat, rooted w/ Xposed. My phone's the Boost Mobile version and I activated it on Ting. Best battery I've ever had in any phone or ROM, and I got it for $60... unreal!

20th January 2015, 02:37 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've done and tried everything on an XT1032 including Faux123 kernel and Deep Sleep battery saver and the thing still uses 1-2% battery/hour while it's in sleep and the phone idle battery % takes up a good chunk of my battery life.
20th January 2015, 06:26 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Suggest me an app that lists me 'rarely' used apps

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
21st January 2015, 01:44 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
can anyone please compile what is the safest app to disable, greenify.
my battery extremely sucks.

8hrs with ~2hrs SOT.
FYI, i am on Lollipop 5.0.2 (XT1033)
Thanks.
21st January 2015, 08:07 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbnoob

can anyone please compile what is the safest app to disable, greenify.
my battery extremely sucks.

8hrs with ~2hrs SOT.
FYI, i am on Lollipop 5.0.2 (XT1033)
Thanks.

Your question contains the answer. Greenify. DS battery saver can be used in conjunction by ignoring Greenify in list and using custom profile with CPU tuning. It will provide the best results.

Hibernated apps keep sleeping culprit running apps are killed by DS.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app
21st January 2015, 05:24 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportfreunde

I've done and tried everything on an XT1032 including Faux123 kernel and Deep Sleep battery saver and the thing still uses 1-2% battery/hour while it's in sleep and the phone idle battery % takes up a good chunk of my battery life.

See

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2654180

Also search moto forum for same issue. If you have used GPS and even if you have switched GPS off but NOT rebooted your phone the GPS chip seems to stay active and drain the battery (but android doesn't know its active, ie its faulty GPS chip or low level driver/kernel issue).

Obviously check you aren't suffering wakelocks but if you aren't then its likely to be the GPS issue.

Disable GPS and reboot and then the drain will stop if it is the GPS issue.

I am the person who initially found the drain was related to GPS and myself and others have provided evidence to Motorola but they refuse to admit there is a problem, I guess because its probably hardware related. I'm hoping its maybe a GPS chip driver issue which will be fixed in the lollipop kernel. Another forum, not in English, has a guy reporting that lollipop has fixed it but to be honest I'm dubious until I receive lollipop and check this myself.

Note the drain happens all the time but is most noticed in airplane mode when the device should use almost no battery, not 1-2% per hour.

Reboot is only way to stop it.
Last edited by scott_doyland; 21st January 2015 at 05:31 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to scott_doyland For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2015, 05:37 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
DS Battery Saver keeps turning off wifi on the phone and I can't find the setting to stop this from happening.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread