FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Switched to Straight Talk. I have 2 issues (slow speed and error message)

10th February 2015, 09:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisholt92

Obviously you're unaware that the Galaxy S5 supports CDMA at LTE speeds AND GSM at HSPA+ speeds. The Verizon Galaxy S5 is a "world" phone and does not require any sort of SIM unlocking in order to be used on other carriers. (as i can show you with a simple screenshot). However i think my decrease in speeds is caused by a bad tower on the opposite side of town from where I actually live. While at home (with only 2 or 3 bars of service) i am able to get fairly decent speeds without issue. As far as the point of this thread goes i was wondering if anybody had any tips or tricks for better stability of the HSPA/HSPA+ network on the Verizon Galaxy S5 and to see if anybody was able to remove the SIM error without rooting. With rooting i know it can be achieved as i have already researched how to do so. I know why the SIM error is there, I'm not that oblivious. But thank you very much for your comment.

I did the same with an s4 and s5, but were slow and had horrible battery life. I couldn't get either phone to activate on the cdma network, so i used a tmobile sim. t mobile has a horrible network her, so I am pretty sure my issue was signal strength.

15th February 2015, 09:29 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catumaros

I did the same with an s4 and s5, but were slow and had horrible battery life. I couldn't get either phone to activate on the cdma network, so i used a tmobile sim. t mobile has a horrible network her, so I am pretty sure my issue was signal strength.

tmobile is pretty terrible unless you're in a major city. AT&T is the way to go through straight talk. However i would recommend Cricket, much better pricing and less network issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread