[ROMS] Stock Atrix HD Roms

Search This thread

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
OK. Just making sure. I want to be totally aware of all possibilities whenmodding this device. Thanks for your help

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

TabascoTX

Jun 13, 2009
South Central Texas
Redmi 9A
Bro!!!!!.. Your Beast man!!.. Seriously, ive been using the Archive.org WayBackMachine trying to get that rom.... Thanks a Ton man!!!!!!!!!!!!!..If you loose it I saved it to my DropBox too.. Thanks Again

Last edited:

AtrixHDMan

Mar 3, 2015
I'll try this and let you know what happens. Thanks for this.

Also the reason being I want to go back to the first Jelly Bean update is because my phone seems to run faster.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

http://www.filefactory.com/folder/b7425536f9a2526e

Sent from my ATRIX HD using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

http://www.andromods.com/tips-trick...-qinara-stock-original-firmware-fastboot.html

Which files are which firmware?

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Run a fast boot getvar all and check out the bootloader details. It will tell you your appropriate firmware

AtrixHDMan

Mar 3, 2015
I must be doing something wrong because it fails everytime or does my bootloader need to be unlocked for it to work.It just flashes the same firmware even if it`s a different stock firmware.What am I doing wrong?

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Look in myth tools thread. Instructions are there

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Over the next week or so I plan on making stock, deodexed roms from our fastboot system.img's. Other than Root, Busybox, init.d support, insecure adb, and being deodexed, they'll be completely stock -- nothing removed, nothing else added -- and are to be used as roms, the base rom for ports, whatever.

If you don't need insecured adb, delete /system/etc/init.d/AdbdInsecured
    I include it because its a necessary feature for me.

All the roms* will be uploaded to my Goo.im page for Atrix HD
    All the roms are for the locked AT&T Atrix HD running Jellybean 4.1.1.
    Do not flash Gapps with the Stock Roms

Currently Done
    • Mexico Retail 4.1.2
    • AT&T 4.1.1* (not mine, see below)

To Do
    • Bell 4.1.2 (Jellybean)
    • ATT 7.7.1Q-115 (ICS)
    • Bell 7.7.1Q-115 (ICS)
    • ATT 7.7.1Q-144 (ICS)

Mods

Currently the only Mod available is the Extended Reboot Menu for stock AT&T DeOdexed, I'll make the same mod for other stock roms as I have the time.

Mexico Retail Info
    • Jellybean 4.1.2
    • Moto Blur 98.2.2 (oddly, AT&T JB 4.1.1 is Blur 98.4.20 -- this rom is higher Android Version, Lower Blur Version -- weird)
    • Very little bloat
    • WIFI didn't work until I added in the kernel modules from Stock AT&T. If you have errors, see first if it could be module related and replace the offending one.

* STOCK AT&T INFO

The stock AT&T rom is located on the Batakang FTP server and was not done by me. I assume Mattlgroff or SirHoover did that one. Someone let me know so I can give proper credits & thanks. It does not contain InsecuredAdb or init.d support. When I finish up the other stock roms on the list I'll make a Stock AT&T of my own, unless the current one's maker doesn't mind me adding init.d support and InsecuredAdb like the rest of mine on goo.im will have.

To Rom Cooks
    • For init.d support, I hid the init.d initialize command in /system/etc/init.qcom.bt.sh. Let me know if there's a better place to put that command or a script activated earlier in the init process we can edit.
    • Feel free to use my stock roms for whatever project you want. Thanks and credits are appreciated but not required.
    • I'm unsure if the ICS roms will even work with the Jellybean kernel & boot. I'll be finding out later on today.

Credit and Thanks
    Gotta give Mattlgroff credit for the InsecuredAdb and reverse engineering Chainfire's :cool:
    Thank You to whoever uploaded the Stock ATT Deodex on Batakang, I'm using its updater-script, su binary, & superuser.apk. I was lazy on the su part :p
    Skeevy , i really hope you or somebody else makes Paranoid Android available for AHD ( i know it's wishful thinking ).

For me its the only ROM worth flashing with the same android base version for the AHD . Not undermining the developer's efforts , all other ROMs (with same base version 4.1) that i came across here , I can get the same functionality and ui changes from a combination of custom launcher , root apps and some minor fixes here and there . I have not yet flashed a single custom ROM on my AHD , just rooted it and debloated it for the same reason .

I used to own a defy which was officially upgraded till froyo 2.2 only and boy did i flash the **** out of it . But that was only because of worthwhile functionalities in custom ROMs(be it CM 7,CM 10 by quarx, PA by you or MIUI) that couldn't be achieved by mere root apps or custom launchers .

I'll be straight up with you, I could make PA for us but it wouldn't be the latest version. It would be 2.5.3 just like the Defy -- AOSPA (PA 3.0+) won't be possible until we're able to get AOSP to compile from source (the SourceForge crap). It would be based on Epinter's CM10, have the same bugs as CM10...basically I'd be making PA for another device then porting that over for us :p. It would probably take me 6-12 hours to do all the source merging, another 2 to compile, and a day to test then upload. There is no ETA cause I haven't started on anything nor is it on my to do list yet. Times are based on how long it took me to do the Defy merging, compiling, testing.

I'm unsure on the 4.1.2 Bell rom, but the 4.1.2 Mex Retail is worth using instead of stock -- less bloat, no entitlement checks.

I partially agree on the other 4.1 custom roms -- yes, you can do it all yourself, but not everyone can. Also, not everything is compatible, so if you don't know what you're doing and flash a bad, lets say audio tweak, and it doesn't work or loops you, you could be screwed simply by lack of knowledge. That's also why I released the one custom thing I've done as a standalone mod.

Rom cooks do a lot behind the scenes -- I've been working on a rom on and off since I've had my AHD. Only mentioned in here, in a PM, and maybe publicly once or twice. I've been testing various audio tweaks, launchers, scripts, mods....I don't want to give 2-3 week eta posts cause life happens, it might not work when I get to the moment of truth, and something always happens to make any specific eta I give wrong :p. I've been doing tons of testing, looking for something different than the AT&T stock base or RAZR port base(see this thread :silly:), tons of apk decompiling (every 4.1.2 Atrix HD apk so far), and have been adding French\Canadian English to the MR base (25 apps in). Other than that, all I know is its gonna be PlayStation Certified (already have PS Store fully working). Can't say more cause I don't know any more than that :cyclops: Point is, other cooks do tons of crap behind the scenes to ensure a good, working environment that you can't get without doing\knowing some ****. If I wasn't trying to do so much I might have had something usable by now -- I've messed with ICS, CM10 porting, SF sources, stock smali mods, my own rom, alternate stock roms.

Luckily, I still have my Defy and Bravo. Quarx is still going strong :cool: and pushing out new CM's, kernels, and everything good. One can only hope that we'll have even a quarter of the roms the Defy has. I'm so glad my first Android phone was a Defy clone. I've learned a lot because of it.
    RAZRHD 4.1.2 firmware if you're still interested: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/vanquish/VZW_XT926_4.1.2_9.8.1Q_62_VQW_MR-2_VQW_CFC.xml.zip

As for getting ICS to boot, I think you're spot-on about the init files. Safestrap doesn't mess with / files, but it does create symlinks for /system, etc & execute init files that are placed in /system/etc/rootfs. This might be key to your efforts.

Epinter has a CM10 rom that uses a modified ICS kernel, but it has no problem running on my JB phone with SS (minus the camera). Although I had to repair his inits to fix a boot error & insert two /bin files. Perhaps you could use his rootfs/inits as a guide on getting ICS to work with SS on JB.

My safestrap fix for Epinter: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2178123
    Epinter's ICS-based CM10: http://d-h.st/ML8

Update: Just found this: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/8794-bionic-safestrap-bootstrap-recovery-12142011/page__st__20
    It says that SS moves anything in /system/etc/rootfs to /, so if you can get a hold of the ICS init files, that should be all you need to fix the boot.
    Well that's awesome. 10 minutes beats what I've been able to do :highfive:

Wifi didn't work with MR either -- I needed AT&T wifi modules (or probably the wifi modules of the stock kernel currently running). -- /system/lib/modules/prima/* & system/lib/modules/config.ko

From what I can tell we have 3 sets of Camera Drivers (2 are ICS drivers, 1 more for JB) -- 115-att & 115-bell are the same\1st one, 144-att is 2nd, & all JB roms are the same\3rd. I'm unsure as to what all libs are necessary for the camera with us other than the obvious /lib/camera*, lib/hw/camera*, and bin/mm-qcamera-daemon. We might need to use the JB camera app as well. Also, the 144-att camera libs have more files than the 115's -- they're similar to the JB ones (1st driver doesn't have /lib/libchromatix_ov8820_hfr_60fps.so, everyone else does).

The biggest difference of the 3 JB roms, from what I can tell, are the kernel modules; libraries and drivers are the same.

I'm being a little optimistic, but hopefully whatever works for ICS on JB kernel will work for CM10 as well; and that we can invert what we're doing to get JB working with the ICS kernel.

I know what I'm doing today.
    I'm working on getting ICS to boot with the AT&T Jellybean kernel.
    So far I'm able to get it to boot, do a complete gapps setup, but after that, it bootloops within a minute of accessing the homescreen.
    Boots after that loop on the animation or will give ~30 seconds of usable display before looping.
    Factory resetting allows for completing the initial setup.
    If I sit on the Gapps setup page, it'll eventually start looping, but much longer than if I finished and accessed the homescreen.
    I'm unable to pull any kind of logcat, ddms, etc since I can't get the PC to recognize it over usb (driver error???)

Any ideas?

I've tried replacing kernel modules with JB versions -- didn't work. By then it was after midnight so I went to sleep. That's where I'm at now. Gonna start testing out JB binaries and libs today.

Since we're able to get a working display, that makes me think that a stock ICS rom for JB users is possible. We just gotta figure out what needs to be backported from Jellybean. Maybe a new init script or an init.d script that'll fix what JB sets that ICS doesn't like.

Can someone running ICS please upload their init scripts? I'd like to compare them with JB's.