Droid Turbo & Moto Maxx Compatibility Guide

more

YU “Project Caesar” with CM12 to Launch in India in April

The post YU “Project Caesar” with CM12 to Launch in India … more

Five New Forums for Latest Phones, Tablet and Smartwatch

The post Five New Forums for Latest Phones, Tablet and Smartwatch appeared first on … more

Cross-Platform Encrypted Messaging with Signal 2.0

The post Cross-Platform Encrypted Messaging with Signal 2.0 appeared first on … more

Micro SD card suddenly unreadable

OP roperband

14th January 2015, 10:18 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Help with "blank" sd card
I am trying this method on my daughter's SD card that stopped working today. It won't even show up in her phone, my phone, or my PC. I have gotten to step F, but mine comes back saying "The following partition can't be recovered" and it listed one partition. What can I do from here?

Help please all my daughters photos are on this SD card and she would really like to recover them.
Thanks

Step 2

This may take time, even hours depending on the size of your SD card, so be patient.

A. At the first window select “No Log” and press Enter.
B. Select what drive to analyse, choose “Proceed” and press Enter.
C. Select partition type – option 2 - EFI GPT and press Enter
D. Confirm at "Analyse" with Enter to proceed. The drive/partition will be analysed.
E. Confirm at "Quick Search" with Enter to proceed.
F. TestDisk should say “Structure OK”. Choose the drive/partition to fix. (OPTIONAL: Press*p*to list your files - here you can copy your files to the pc; Files listed in red are deleted entries. Go back to the previous display)
G. Press enter to proceed.
H. Select “Write” and press Enter
I. Press “Y”.
J. Press and close TestDisk. Reboot the computer.

Hope this helps and do let me know

Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Free mobile app[/QUOTE]
15th January 2015, 03:00 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 148

355 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abroach

I am trying this method on my daughter's SD card that stopped working today. It won't even show up in her phone, my phone, or my PC. I have gotten to step F, but mine comes back saying "The following partition can't be recovered" and it listed one partition. What can I do from here?

Help please all my daughters photos are on this SD card and she would really like to recover them.
Thanks

Step 2

This may take time, even hours depending on the size of your SD card, so be patient.

A. At the first window select “No Log” and press Enter.
B. Select what drive to analyse, choose “Proceed” and press Enter.
C. Select partition type – option 2 - EFI GPT and press Enter
D. Confirm at "Analyse" with Enter to proceed. The drive/partition will be analysed.
E. Confirm at "Quick Search" with Enter to proceed.
F. TestDisk should say “Structure OK”. Choose the drive/partition to fix. (OPTIONAL: Press*p*to list your files - here you can copy your files to the pc; Files listed in red are deleted entries. Go back to the previous display)
G. Press enter to proceed.
H. Select “Write” and press Enter
I. Press “Y”.
J. Press and close TestDisk. Reboot the computer.

Hope this helps and do let me know

Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Free mobile app

[/QUOTE]

How many partitions did it list. If it listed more than one then try the other one. At point F you could try typing P and list the files and check if these are the correct files if yes you have an option to copy them to computer as well.
Last edited by JASONRR; 15th January 2015 at 03:39 AM.
22nd January 2015, 02:03 PM   |  #13  

1 posts
Type of alcohol?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avail211

I had the exact same thing happen about a month ago. The card said 'ejected, safe to remove' or something along those lines at some random time. I took the card out and neither of my 3 computers would read the card. It didn't error, it just did NOTHING, like it didn't exist. The only thing I cared about were the pics so I tried 3 different adapters, still didn't work. I ended up cleaning the contacts with alcohol (TINY bit on a q-tip) and put the adapter in the reader, THEN the micro SD card. After about a dozen times inserting/removing it finally read the stupid card. I pulled the pics and did a full reformat in windows (unchecked quick format) scanned it for bad blocks and formatted again after putting it back in the phone. I set google to autobackup my pics to G+ now. It hasn't done it since but I definitely won't trust my SD card with anything I can't easily replace or isn't constantly backed up.

Hey i was just wondering what type of alcohol you used?
5th February 2015, 07:41 AM   |  #14  

2 posts
Help for testdisk error
How many partitions did it list. If it listed more than one then try the other one. At point F you could try typing P and list the files and check if these are the correct files if yes you have an option to copy them to computer as well.[/QUOTE]

I got this error, can anyone tell me if I can go anywhere from here?
Analyze cylinder 8/1992 : 00%
Read error at 7/230/32 (lba = 126976)
9th February 2015, 05:23 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 2

124 posts
More
I have a similar issue... My S3 stopped reading my sd card last night and I've been scouring the internet ever since trying to find a solution. At the moment, None of my devices can read it.
If I plug it into my computer, right clicking the card freezes explorer and I have to pull it out otherwise it crashes explorer after a while.
Opening the testdisk program would leave it scanning indefinitely. (Please wait.........)
edit:I'll try leaving it in my computer for a few days. Because I tried overnight. T_T

Formatting doesn't seem like an option because I can't interact with it in any way from my computer

I've tried Testdisk and Zar but to no avail.
Last edited by ZoneBlaze; 9th February 2015 at 05:34 PM.
17th February 2015, 04:56 AM   |  #16  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlaze

I have a similar issue... My S3 stopped reading my sd card last night and I've been scouring the internet ever since trying to find a solution. At the moment, None of my devices can read it.
If I plug it into my computer, right clicking the card freezes explorer and I have to pull it out otherwise it crashes explorer after a while.
Opening the testdisk program would leave it scanning indefinitely. (Please wait.........)
edit:I'll try leaving it in my computer for a few days. Because I tried overnight. T_T

Formatting doesn't seem like an option because I can't interact with it in any way from my computer

I've tried Testdisk and Zar but to no avail.

You may try to take out memory card.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
data, sdcard
Previous Thread Next Thread