[ROM][ODIN] SPH-L710 ND8 (ND8 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted)

OP rwilco12

15th November 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 41

213 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12

This one-click resets your whole phone to the stock ND8 experience, similar to a factory restore and it may wipe all data. It also contains the full bootloader and Knox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12

Actually I need to update the OP. I copied and pasted an old one and missed a line. This should not wipe data as Samsung has quit including the wipe commands in their releases. This is still a full restore in the sense that everything but user data is wiped and restored to factory defaults. You should be good with this as your no data but please still make a nandroid or other backup just in case.

Can anyone who has flashed this comment on whether or not they lost their data?

Also, I thought once you have Knox you can't downgrade? So if I make a nandroid of my 4.3, then upgrade to 4.4, I can't restore back tot he 4.3 nandroid. So what's the point of the nandroid? Just in case the upgrade to 4.4 fails?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTWright

Be sure people know if it's for the 16GB or 32GB, because if it's 16GB it will format the internal down from 32GB to 16GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTWright

Well if any 32GB users have had this issue, I know how to fix it at least. You need the 32GB PIT file for your exact model and just have Odin flash the ND8 with the PIT file and have Repartition checked and load the PIT file with the button labeled PIT. I just did it and I'm all fixed up.

My phone is 32GB. Can you explain in civilian terms how to get my phone back to 32GB after I flash to 4.4? Along with links to download the 32GB PIT file, please.

Thanks.
15th November 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #42  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 31,656

16,798 posts
Donate to Me
More
No loss of data. You can't downgrade firmware, you can use any ROM, so yes your 4.3 nandroid will work.

My ROM: WICKED X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th November 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 69

115 posts
ND8 Tar
Deleted
Last edited by saltgrassspartan; 16th November 2014 at 05:57 PM.
16th November 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #44  

115 posts
My Odin is failing at aboot. Anyone have a clue on what would be the way to get past this point. I was flashing back to stock with a one click odin setup and it closed out and now I cant get Odin to get past the aboot.

Is there a way to get the nd8 tar. I can t get the one click to work and cant find the tar by itself. TIA!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app
21st November 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #45  

115 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboy1969

I believe what you are looking for is HERE. I also added a direct link just in case.

L710VPUCND8_tar.zip

Thought I would share this for anyone else looking for it thanks to @prboy1969. Remember this is the tar for use with Odin. Not a one click

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by saltgrassspartan; 21st November 2014 at 06:14 PM.
23rd December 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 1

0 posts
Big thanks to rwilco12 et al. for putting this together.

Just wanted to make a quick note about my experience with this. I followed all the steps as outlined by rwilco. When I plugged in my device to the front of my computer and used his utility to start the flash, after just a few minutes the flash failed. I tried again a couple times but it failed again and again. It would fail always during the System flash process. Eventually I unplugged it and restarted the phone. When it booted (both download mode and normal), I was getting a "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again" error in the place where the Download robot usually is.... I tried a few more times to flash using rwilco's utility without luck.

The thing that worked for me, however, was to plug the phone into a different USB port, this time one on the back of my computer. Once I did that, I re-ran the utility and BINGO, it worked flawlessly. Booted right up into stock Sprint ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to HansDallas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 1

0 posts
Just thought I'd mention, the first time I tried this, Odin3 hung on the md5 check (for a very long time, > 30 minutes). Figuring that it probably wasn't actually talking to the phone yet, I killed the process and unplugged the phone. Starting the same executable and plugging back in without changing anything (AFAICT), everything worked normally the second time around (md5 check took just a few seconds).

Edit: Actually, I just remembered that the second time, I ran as administrator (this is on Windows 8.1). I have no idea why that would matter for an apparent hang on an md5 check, but that's the best guess I have as to why it finally worked.
Last edited by quantheory; 28th December 2014 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Just remembered something else...
The Following User Says Thank You to quantheory For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2015, 07:44 AM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 4

14 posts
Perfect!
Downloaded and flashed one-click nd8 build and everything went perfectly.

Thanks to all who made this possible and so very very easy!

The Following User Says Thank You to ClintE1956 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread