Remove Unlocked Warning Message from Moto E 2015

more

Multi Boot: The Fall of Nandroid?

more

NVIDIA SHIELD: The Tegra X1 Powered Android TV Box

The post NVIDIA SHIELD: The Tegra X1 Powered Android TV Box appeared first on … more

Pixie Dust – XDA Game Time!

more

Optimum App

OP robneal81

9th April 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I was hoping to load the Optimum app on my Fire TV, to see if I could watch TV from it. I tried installing the version from Google Play, but it launched in portrait mode, then said "this display is not supported" and exited.

I was thinking the Kindle Tablet Edition of the app might work, but I can't find the apk.

Has anyone gotten this to install successfully? If not, would anyone be able to help me fine the Kindle Tablet Edition of the app and I'll try myself?

Thanks!
13th December 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #2  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 10

301 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robneal81

I was hoping to load the Optimum app on my Fire TV, to see if I could watch TV from it. I tried installing the version from Google Play, but it launched in portrait mode, then said "this display is not supported" and exited.

I was thinking the Kindle Tablet Edition of the app might work, but I can't find the apk.

Has anyone gotten this to install successfully? If not, would anyone be able to help me fine the Kindle Tablet Edition of the app and I'll try myself?

Thanks!

Shoot. I wanted to know this as well.
13th December 2014, 08:39 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 150

778 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robneal81

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brie987

Shoot. I wanted to know this as well.

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-force...de-on-fire-tv/
27th January 2015, 08:22 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 20

33 posts
More
I tried to force landscape, but it still didn't work.
28th January 2015, 02:33 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 165

726 posts
Donate to Me
You can get Optimium 4.1 on aptoide and it is in landscape, but since the Fire TV uses HDMI it considers it an external display and Optimum does not support external displayes. So it does not work, and if you look at the list of apps that do work and do not work on the Fire TV, Optimum is on the list of apps that do not work on the Fire TV.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Had to write another post, cause I do not wanna be stuck on 666 post. Optimum does not work on any device that uses an external dissplay, including the laptop version. Kinda sucks, but a lot of apps are still like that. I remember for the longest time Crackle and Netflix would not let you use an external display, and I think the other companies that still restrict you from using external displays will never change their policy, cause if they haven't done it yet they probably never will. The companies that still block external displays are almost always media streaming companies, cause they wanna lock their stuff down, cause they are afraid you will share it with another person, which keeps them from getting tat persons money too. If someone elses eyes are on what your eyes are on, its bad for their business.
Last edited by porkenhimer; 28th January 2015 at 02:11 AM.
17th February 2015, 08:24 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Optimum 4.1 just got updated as of today, Need update

Sent from my GT-I9205 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread