OP dubidu

20th November 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #71  
Flag Hertfordshire
Thanks Meter: 8

966 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicaIMan

I'm not an expert either, but if you guys are needing this app for Qi charging to work, then I assume the difference must be with the receiver. I'm using the "BLUBOON" receiver that is being sold on Amazon and eBay. And I'm using the stock KK ROM.

I saw today that someone with the same receiver as me is having a problem after switching to Lollipop, so that's disappointing to hear.

Mine came from DX.com as referenced here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2596469

Quite worrying that it may not work with Lollipop, maybe that person needs this app or this app would need a tweak.
11th December 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #72  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 1,188

529 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys,

I just wanted to point out that I was able to get Qi charging working on the new Moto X 2nd gen using this app. My Moto X is running Lollipop and Qi charging works fine. You can find our thread here (including the receiver I used):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=26
The Following User Says Thank You to romracer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #73  
Flag Hertfordshire

966 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by romracer

Hi guys,

I just wanted to point out that I was able to get Qi charging working on the new Moto X 2nd gen using this app. My Moto X is running Lollipop and Qi charging works fine. You can find our thread here (including the receiver I used):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=26

That's encouraging thanks
20th January 2015, 03:01 PM   |  #74  
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
I've been adapting tablets with broken usb ports to charge wirelessly for a few month now, when I was reading up on adding QI to kindles etc I noticed that a lot of phones have suitable points to solder the QI receiver to and also that the newer QI chargers have a smart function which turns the charger off when it has decided the battery is full (something very handy when the only option is to solder direct to the battery). I did pick up a couple of the universal receivers but noticed the two pin problem rendered them useless

so is it doable to wire direct to the board and keep the usb port free?
15th February 2015, 01:36 AM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
CM12
This app does not work on my Moto G with CM12. After enabling the floating charge function and then opening the app again, the function becomes disabled despite no rebooting. There is not even root permission appearing when using the app. Any suggestions?
15th February 2015, 08:19 AM   |  #76  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaarrmm

This app does not work on my Moto G with CM12. After enabling the floating charge function and then opening the app again, the function becomes disabled despite no rebooting. There is not even root permission appearing when using the app. Any suggestions?

My bad. It works properly now, but I still need to enable both the floating charge and LED functions after every rebooting. Thanks a lot for your contribution anyway. Cheers
15th February 2015, 08:49 AM   |  #77  
Flag Hertfordshire

966 posts
More
Quote:

My bad. It works properly now, but I still need to enable both the floating charge and LED functions after every rebooting. Thanks a lot for your contribution anyway. Cheers

mine did too at the start (still on kk) then one day it stuck, though sadly I don't know why.
17th February 2015, 10:13 AM   |  #78  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayme

mine did too at the start (still on kk) then one day it stuck, though sadly I don't know why.

UPDATE: I did clean flash of CM12 and now this app works perfectly (no need to re-enable both functions after re-booting.) Perhaps, you should try clean flash. Don't forget to back up everything before though.
17th February 2015, 10:15 AM   |  #79  
Flag Hertfordshire

966 posts
More
Quote:

UPDATE: I did clean flash of CM12 and now this app works perfectly (no need to re-enable both functions after re-booting.) Perhaps, you should try clean flash. Don't forget to back up everything before though.

I'm sticking with stock, so when Motorola do decide to gift me the long promised update to Lollipop, I'll be clean installing then.

That said, I am only upgrading in the hope it fixes the painful 2014 G's memory bug rather than the apparent functionality that LP provides (having just decided to go back to KK on my Nexus 7).
17th February 2015, 10:28 AM   |  #80  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayme

I'm sticking with stock, so when Motorola do decide to gift me the long promised update to Lollipop, I'll be clean installing then.

That said, I am only upgrading in the hope it fixes the painful 2014 G's memory bug rather than the apparent functionality that LP provides (having just decided to go back to KK on my Nexus 7).

I see. Mine is the 1st gen Moto G (2013,3G) anyway. I will keep my fingers crossed for you

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
qi wireless charge usb cable
Previous Thread Next Thread