5th February 2015, 06:52 PM   |  #51  
Flag Mountain View
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
Problem FIXED.
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

Did you try flashing a recovery with fastboot?

Yes, I flashed everything. Thanks for the suggestion, however.

I did finally get the problem resolved: it is now FIXED.

I received helped from Hikari on Android Authority forums. It turned out that I had a mild (but blocking) hardware problem. I removed the back of the Nexus 7 and pressed down on all connections, including a both ends of a metal "tape" that were peeling up from their contacts. After doing that I was able to once again get to the Recovery mode screen from the boot loader.

Barry
5th February 2015, 10:00 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Same issue as of a day ago...
Stock and locked Lollipop, hangs at Google logo, can enter fastboot but not recovery, oem unlock never completes, even after 2 hours, stuck at 'erasing userdata'.
7th February 2015, 05:49 AM   |  #53  

8 posts
Just put in a new motherboard I got off eBay. Works again. Kind of annoying that's what it takes, but oh well.

Now to root and make sure it never installs another OTA again.
7th February 2015, 11:32 PM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 177

832 posts
I looked up 32gb motherboards and can't find any at a decent price, only 16gb. I took the back cover off checked all the connections and all is fine. Motherboard replacement seems to be the only fix unless one of the wizards on XDA can find some kind of fix for this somehow. I still don't believe Google is ignoring this issue like it is not happening.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
11th February 2015, 05:07 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 3

86 posts
More
Unhappy Bye bye Asus
It happened to me too yesterday...

I was reading a web page when suddenly the tablet hanged, rebooted and blocked on the "Google" screen. Same problem as the others highlighted here: no way to enter the recovery mode, nor any other method suggested worked.

Of course this happens when the warranty is expired since few months (thanks Asus), and no way to have them taking care of it (they were incredibly fast in answering me they will be more then happy to repair it, but outside the warranty). It's my second tablet from Asus that dies (the first one was the old glory TF101), always few months outside the warranty period.

So, let's now give a chance to Samsung: I just took the Galaxy TAB S 8.4, hoping for better durability (at least Samsung provides 2y warranty in Europe). 323 VAT included -50 mail-in rebate looks a good price for a forced upgrade
13th February 2015, 04:29 PM   |  #56  
Shirley, NY
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
More
Well I'm yet another one. Tablet was working normally, but we left it at someones house since Superbowl. It had fully drained battery and shutdown. Got it back yesterday, let it charge. After turning on:
Normal boot = hang at Google screen.
Boot to bootloader = ok
Boot to recovery = hangs at Google screen.
Unlock bootloader = hang/freeze at erasing userdata
Last edited by ccjb100; 13th February 2015 at 04:50 PM.
16th February 2015, 04:09 PM   |  #57  

5 posts
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryholroyd

Yes, I flashed everything. Thanks for the suggestion, however.

I did finally get the problem resolved: it is now FIXED.

I received helped from Hikari on Android Authority forums. It turned out that I had a mild (but blocking) hardware problem. I removed the back of the Nexus 7 and pressed down on all connections, including a both ends of a metal "tape" that were peeling up from their contacts. After doing that I was able to once again get to the Recovery mode screen from the boot loader.

Barry

Hey can you please post a pick of that metal "tape" it would help me figure out if I'm a total moron
16th February 2015, 09:06 PM   |  #58  

832 posts
This big one going across the device. Mine was fine and tablet still a useless brick. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1424117164088.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	3168953

The Following User Says Thank You to Mista513 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2015, 01:46 AM   |  #59  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista513

This big one going across the device. Mine was fine and tablet still a useless brick. Attachment 3168953

Thanks managed to get mine to work by pushing on the places where that tape connects but now my touch doesn't work. I lost the tape thing highlighted with red , is that why the touch won't work?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1424117164088.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	3169359  
17th February 2015, 03:32 PM   |  #60  

832 posts
Probably, not sure exactly what that particular piece goes to. The video that shows how to take it apart mentions what most are, but don't remember that exact spot circled mentioned... How did you lose it? I un-snapped the ends of the tape then snapped them back w/o removing other parts.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

It could also be if you used too much force while pressing on the ends and cracked something on the board.

Last edited by Mista513; 17th February 2015 at 03:36 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot, hang, recovery, stuck
Previous Thread Next Thread