3rd Party Watch Strap Thread!

OP _MinusZero_

3rd February 2015, 08:56 PM   |  #181  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 100

1,293 posts
More
Could anyone give me their feedback.

I am wanting a slap bracelet to use as a band for my lg g watch. And 22mm ones do exist, but I'm concerned their thickness may cause issues. I did find this :
http://www.tkowatches.com/index.php?...uct_list&c=182
5th February 2015, 05:06 PM   |  #182  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 84

256 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriend33

Could anyone give me their feedback.

I am wanting a slap bracelet to use as a band for my lg g watch. And 22mm ones do exist, but I'm concerned their thickness may cause issues. I did find this :
http://www.tkowatches.com/index.php?...uct_list&c=182

You would have to take it off to be able to charge it.
5th February 2015, 11:01 PM   |  #183  
Flag Illinois

1,293 posts
More
They had a three pack on Amazon prime for 9.99. I'll report back Saturday
9th February 2015, 01:20 AM   |  #184  
Thanks Meter: 11

186 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by themsn

Thought I'd submit my 3rd party strap too.

it's a Military Nato style strap from ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371166597411...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

it was HARD to set because the leather strap is too thick to slide through the watch pins (view here to know what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm3iAcc94E0)

but i was able to set it by aligning the strap to where it's supposed to be, then shaving off some of the back of the leather to make it thinner, and then placing the pin at that spot instead. (sorry I don't have pics to show the installation of this).

still working on how to get it to charge though.

update: so I used the thickness of the strap to my advantage. Because the strap is thick, once you place the strap pin in, it pretty much pins the strap into place. As long as you don't yank hard on the strap it'll stay in fine. So i simply cut the leather portion that covered the back of the watch (covering the charging pins) and so whenever I need to charge the watch now, I just unslip the opposite end of the strap from the hoops (you'll know what I mean if you know how to install a military NATO strap) to expose the back of the watch. After charging, slip the opposite end back through the hoops and voila back in business.
I've gotten a LOT of compliments for this strap

Quick question. That strap is really nice. What colors did you select from the ebay ad? I see several colors and not sure which one is the one you have.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Free mobile app
9th February 2015, 05:02 AM   |  #185  
Flag Illinois

1,293 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfriend33

They had a three pack on Amazon prime for 9.99. I'll report back Saturday

Slap bands do not work. I even shaved off some rubber so it would fit but there was too much bending going in to curve around the pins and behind the watch. Cool idea though.
11th February 2015, 05:42 AM   |  #186  
Thanks Meter: 2

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpjimmy

It's the same spring bars that are in normal watches. If you haven't removed spring bars in the past, you can look at a few youtube vids to show you how, or go to a mall kiosk and have them remove them for you. You can ghetto it and use a thin blade knife or buy a tool to remove it. You can find the tools on amazon or ebay.

Anyone try a gold metal strap yet, would that look bad? Been waiting for something like this, he's looking into hopefully developing something for our watch.

https://plus.google.com/114151369957...ts/hW7eLX5PyYf
14th February 2015, 07:10 AM   |  #187  
Flag In a daydream
Thanks Meter: 3,026

4,877 posts
More
14th February 2015, 03:55 PM   |  #188  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Made a new strap yesterday, yellow cane toad. I'm really happy with how it looks.

17th February 2015, 03:59 PM   |  #189  
Thanks Meter: 3

53 posts
More
sorry for the late reply!

There are 3 brown shades with the black rings. I got the medium brown one with black buckle.

The link should go directly to the correct color. Good luck!

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminati

Quick question. That strap is really nice. What colors did you select from the ebay ad? I see several colors and not sure which one is the one you have.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Free mobile app

sorry for the late reply!

There are 3 brown shades with the black rings. I got the medium brown one with black buckle.

The link should go directly to the correct color. Good luck!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread