FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Unusual/Unknown android devices (Rockchip/Allwinner)

23rd February 2014, 02:43 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hi

for some reason I seem to have a lot of info/firmware for the lesser known/ budget devices;

Allwinner A20(wing a70x) (7")
Rk3066 (10")
Rk3188(10")
rk3026 (7")

If anyone needs any help with these devices then pm me as I have the hardware ready to test any mods/tweaks/Rom's

I also have some custom Roms, so, if you have a budget/unknown device then let me know and I may be able to help.

list your device and requirements and ill do my best to help.

Sent from my rk3188 using Tapatalk

11th July 2014, 01:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
bricked
Hi i recently bought this tablet sold locally in Greece called Rubik 7".
I tried flashing a firmware with the rkbatch tool and now when i try to turn it on i only get a white screen.
The rkbatch tool still recognises the device and has a green indication.
Any help on how to restore recovery and os would be much appreciated!
The specs are these:
Stock Screen Size: 7"
Processor Manufacture: Rockchip
Processor Type: Rockchip rk3026
Processor Main Frequency: 1.0GHz
Hard Drive Capacity: 4GB
Memory Capacity: 512MB
Touch Screen Type: Capacitive Screen
Display resolution: 800x480
Battery Life: Up to 3 Hours Feature: Wifi, Webcams, Multi Touch, G Sensor, Camera
Operating System: Android 4.2 Weight: 280g
Place of Origin: Guangdong, China (Mainland)
[IMG]i01.i.aliimg. com/photo/v1/1433793951/Rockchip_RK3026_Dual_Core_7_MID_with.jpg[/IMG]Brand Name: AZHUO Model Number: RK726 OS: Android 4.2 Screen: 7 inch android tablet pc Resolution: 800x480 Pixel CPU: Rockchip RK3026 GPU: Mali-400MP2 RAM: 512MB DDR3 Nand Flash: 4GB NAND MLC Camera: Dual Camera, Front 0.3MP Back 0.3MP HDMI: N/A Battery: 2800mAh
Last edited by Deminio; 11th July 2014 at 02:32 AM.
17th February 2015, 11:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok.. lets see if we can finally get to the bottom of it. I recently bought a tv stick, supposedly a dual core rockchip, but it turned out to be an allwinner instead. Unfortunately the protection ended before i realized it. Firstly, the KODI would not play smoothly, so i started looking around and saw that Allwinners are not yet supported. Funny thing is, VidOn xbmc which supposedly supports Allwinner chips is not working either (not at all). When i searched for my product, i could not find any tv stick similar with what i got. When i search for Allwinner dual core A20, i get the MK 808C, which looks exactly like the one i got, BUT mine does not have the AV output that mk808c has. Looked in Allwinners product page but could not find it there... So mine looks like the rockchip dual core MK808B but instead of a rock chip, it has an Allwinner Chip (A20) inside (I opened it up and had a look)... When it first arrived, the OS was android 4.2 and in the device info it was stated as a SoftwinerEVB tablet...

Now my problem is that i tried changing the firmware, thought maybe a different firmware would run smoother and more efficient. I use Phoenix Suit and i must have flashed like 50 different roms on it. Many would work great and some nothing at all but the problem now is that, no matter what rom i use, the wifi will not turn on. It slides back off. I could use the original rom if i had it but it seems like impossible since i don't know what i really have yet.
Here are some info of the original rom:
model number: SoftwinnerEVB
Android: 4.2.2
Firmware Version: v0.9
Kernel Version: 3.3.o (dated: July 4th 2013)
Build Number: sugar_ref002-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 20130704 test-keys

Inside when i opened it i saw these info:
Chip inside: Allwinner A20, Dual core, D4004 64j1
On the back of the board is written: 94v-0, D-4 E353335, U808 A20 Rev:1.0, 20.13.06.06
wifi chip: AP6210, TOD3003, 1311 (Which i think is combo with bluetooth).

Tried many roms, wifi problem persists. Tried many different approaches enabling it, they did not work (through insmod commands, through Uberizer [it won't even find a connected device], replacing wifi files in the system etc).... So either i will be able to enable the wifi chip somehow or i could use the original rom if anyone had any idea what and where it is...
Any help would be really appreciated
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread