Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more

Get S6 Edge’s Notifications with Edge Color Notification

The post Get S6 Edge’s Notifications with Edge Color Notification … more

Intel at MWC 2015: New Chip Branding and Details

more

S5 Chinese g9006v

OP ATHATH

8th May 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

50 posts
Are the custom ROMs made for the international S5 g900f compatible with the chinese s5 g9006v? The only difference as far as I know is the difference in LTE bands and the lack of google play.
9th May 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #2  

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHATH

Are the custom ROMs made for the international S5 g900f compatible with the chinese s5 g9006v? The only difference as far as I know is the difference in LTE bands and the lack of google play.

I have not heard of anyone doing it, but, but suppose it wouldn't really hurt to try if you had a nandroid backup ready incase of problems...

I agree that it is different in those regards and those only from all that I've read. There is a thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738617 that someone made that links to how to custom recovery (in chinese sadly), how to root it, and I personally after rooting/recovery was able to flash gapps 4.4.2 on it and it worked just fine for me. I still want a custom english based ROM that will have gapps fully default installed and all the samsung stuff working, basically a GPE version ROM with all the samsung crap that gives it all the nice features that default android doesn't have.

Now, with all that said, I have seen a TON of people showing different versions compatible with the 900F version and never once seen the 9006V listed as one of those...
24th May 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #3  

3 posts
Oh me, oh my, the more I (try) to learn, the more confused I become.

The stock ROM from sammobile doesn't include Google apps?
24th May 2014, 12:37 PM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474

1,814 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laohu

Oh me, oh my, the more I (try) to learn, the more confused I become.

The stock ROM from sammobile doesn't include Google apps?

i think phones in china don't ship with google apps? :S not too sure.
25th May 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #5  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe

i think phones in china don't ship with google apps? :S not too sure.

They most certainly do not. I just didn't know if that meant stock sammobile ROM wouldn't have them.

So then, I guess the solution is to flash a stock KitKat ROM on the phone (I assume those do exist)?
25th May 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474

1,814 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laohu

They most certainly do not. I just didn't know if that meant stock sammobile ROM wouldn't have them.

So then, I guess the solution is to flash a stock KitKat ROM on the phone (I assume those do exist)?

Sammobile chinese stock rom doesn't have gapps because it is exactly the same as the rom on the phones. i believe it is pulled from OTA or KIES.
and there are stock kitkat roms available now in the original android development section, but there are bugs and not suited as a daily driver IMO. also not sure if it supports the chinese model
27th September 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #7  

5 posts
hope
lidroid has made couple of custom roms for g9006v model but they are not in english yet. As i know lidroid first make them in chinese then it is translated to english. And he made a perfect working custom rom for g9006v. I think english rom will be available soon. I also have been looking for a rom. But now i at least tried the root the phone. I am going to wait for a custom rom unfortunately.
29th October 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

1 posts
rom custom for sm-9006v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hejok

lidroid has made couple of custom roms for g9006v model but they are not in english yet. As i know lidroid first make them in chinese then it is translated to english. And he made a perfect working custom rom for g9006v. I think english rom will be available soon. I also have been looking for a rom. But now i at least tried the root the phone. I am going to wait for a custom rom unfortunately.

Hi,

LIDROID is a good rom custom for the SM-9006V Samsung Galaxy S5. I had trouble to get it, because it's a chinese rom but with multi language and root version. English and other european langage are included. Playstore is inculded also.

It's call Lidroid 4-4-2 v1.2.

At the first time, I used VROOT to instal the root, I tried 3 times, but Vroot pass it. After I have installed a cwrm with odin v3.10 and the rom custom without problem.

It's on a xda forum that I heard about Lidroid rom v1.0 and now a v1.2 exist. But it's very long to donwload it from chinese country, and to find the good buton to click, I give you my file :

Lidroid 4-4-2 v1.2 :
http://o8wy2oo32p.1fichier.com

Odin v3.10 with recovery for 9006V :
http://ci3yys6iwj.1fichier.com/

Thanks to this post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738617
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aleanor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2015, 04:09 AM   |  #9  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleanor

Hi,

LIDROID is a good rom custom for the SM-9006V Samsung Galaxy S5. I had trouble to get it, because it's a chinese rom but with multi language and root version. English and other european langage are included. Playstore is inculded also.

It's call Lidroid 4-4-2 v1.2.

At the first time, I used VROOT to instal the root, I tried 3 times, but Vroot pass it. After I have installed a cwrm with odin v3.10 and the rom custom without problem.

It's on a xda forum that I heard about Lidroid rom v1.0 and now a v1.2 exist. But it's very long to donwload it from chinese country, and to find the good buton to click, I give you my file :

Lidroid 4-4-2 v1.2 :
http://o8wy2oo32p.1fichier.com

Odin v3.10 with recovery for 9006V :
http://ci3yys6iwj.1fichier.com/

Thanks to this post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738617

Trying to install CWM with Odin v3.10 but no luck so far. What version of CWM did you install, could you post a link?

Odin says it has passed but cannot get into CWM recovery, keeps going back to factory recovery

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread