FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

S5 Chinese g9006v

57 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By ATHATH, Member on 8th May 2014, 05:57 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Are the custom ROMs made for the international S5 g900f compatible with the chinese s5 g9006v? The only difference as far as I know is the difference in LTE bands and the lack of google play.
 
 
9th May 2014, 03:42 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHATH

Are the custom ROMs made for the international S5 g900f compatible with the chinese s5 g9006v? The only difference as far as I know is the difference in LTE bands and the lack of google play.

I have not heard of anyone doing it, but, but suppose it wouldn't really hurt to try if you had a nandroid backup ready incase of problems...

I agree that it is different in those regards and those only from all that I've read. There is a thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738617 that someone made that links to how to custom recovery (in chinese sadly), how to root it, and I personally after rooting/recovery was able to flash gapps 4.4.2 on it and it worked just fine for me. I still want a custom english based ROM that will have gapps fully default installed and all the samsung stuff working, basically a GPE version ROM with all the samsung crap that gives it all the nice features that default android doesn't have.

Now, with all that said, I have seen a TON of people showing different versions compatible with the 900F version and never once seen the 9006V listed as one of those...
24th May 2014, 03:15 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Oh me, oh my, the more I (try) to learn, the more confused I become.

The stock ROM from sammobile doesn't include Google apps?
24th May 2014, 11:37 AM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 476
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laohu

Oh me, oh my, the more I (try) to learn, the more confused I become.

The stock ROM from sammobile doesn't include Google apps?

i think phones in china don't ship with google apps? :S not too sure.
25th May 2014, 02:48 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe

i think phones in china don't ship with google apps? :S not too sure.

They most certainly do not. I just didn't know if that meant stock sammobile ROM wouldn't have them.

So then, I guess the solution is to flash a stock KitKat ROM on the phone (I assume those do exist)?
25th May 2014, 03:07 AM |#6  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 476
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laohu

They most certainly do not. I just didn't know if that meant stock sammobile ROM wouldn't have them.

So then, I guess the solution is to flash a stock KitKat ROM on the phone (I assume those do exist)?

Sammobile chinese stock rom doesn't have gapps because it is exactly the same as the rom on the phones. i believe it is pulled from OTA or KIES.
and there are stock kitkat roms available now in the original android development section, but there are bugs and not suited as a daily driver IMO. also not sure if it supports the chinese model
27th September 2014, 03:21 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hope
lidroid has made couple of custom roms for g9006v model but they are not in english yet. As i know lidroid first make them in chinese then it is translated to english. And he made a perfect working custom rom for g9006v. I think english rom will be available soon. I also have been looking for a rom. But now i at least tried the root the phone. I am going to wait for a custom rom unfortunately.
29th October 2014, 09:53 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
rom custom for sm-9006v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hejok

lidroid has made couple of custom roms for g9006v model but they are not in english yet. As i know lidroid first make them in chinese then it is translated to english. And he made a perfect working custom rom for g9006v. I think english rom will be available soon. I also have been looking for a rom. But now i at least tried the root the phone. I am going to wait for a custom rom unfortunately.



Hi,

LIDROID is a good rom custom for the SM-9006V Samsung Galaxy S5. I had trouble to get it, because it's a chinese rom but with multi language and root version. English and other european langage are included. Playstore is inculded also.

It's call Lidroid 4-4-2 v1.2.

At the first time, I used VROOT to instal the root, I tried 3 times, but Vroot pass it. After I have installed a cwrm with odin v3.10 and the rom custom without problem.



It's on a xda forum that I heard about Lidroid rom v1.0 and now a v1.2 exist. But it's very long to donwload it from chinese country, and to find the good buton to click, I give you my file :

Lidroid 4-4-2 v1.2 :
http://o8wy2oo32p.1fichier.com

Odin v3.10 with recovery for 9006V :
http://ci3yys6iwj.1fichier.com/

Thanks to this post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738617
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aleanor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2015, 03:09 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleanor

Hi,

LIDROID is a good rom custom for the SM-9006V Samsung Galaxy S5. I had trouble to get it, because it's a chinese rom but with multi language and root version. English and other european langage are included. Playstore is inculded also.

It's call Lidroid 4-4-2 v1.2.

At the first time, I used VROOT to instal the root, I tried 3 times, but Vroot pass it. After I have installed a cwrm with odin v3.10 and the rom custom without problem.



It's on a xda forum that I heard about Lidroid rom v1.0 and now a v1.2 exist. But it's very long to donwload it from chinese country, and to find the good buton to click, I give you my file :

Lidroid 4-4-2 v1.2 :
http://o8wy2oo32p.1fichier.com

Odin v3.10 with recovery for 9006V :
http://ci3yys6iwj.1fichier.com/

Thanks to this post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738617

Trying to install CWM with Odin v3.10 but no luck so far. What version of CWM did you install, could you post a link?

Odin says it has passed but cannot get into CWM recovery, keeps going back to factory recovery
The Following User Says Thank You to hamwong23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes