Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Alternative Gamepads

13th February 2015, 02:59 PM |#251  
Thanks Meter: 22

198 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastbayarb

Cool, let us know.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know of a list of compatible sideloaded games that work on AFTV?

There are many sideloadable gmaes that work. The problem is which controller do you have. I have well over 50 games sideloaded and two controllers. Some work with both, some with only one. It's more complicated than just which games work sideloaded.
13th February 2015, 05:27 PM |#252  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 2,009

13,426 posts
More
This is what I got:

http://www.gamestop.com/android/acce...ller-v2/104425

In the Amazon menu/start screen all buttons work except D-pad, you have to use the Analog. When inside emulators NES,SNES,GENESIS,GBA you can map the keys to what you want, change the video aspect etc... I was able to play several games with no problem, no delay no lag.

Today i will be installing MAME and my Fire Stick will be setup to my liking.

No root, emulators, and kodi.
13th February 2015, 05:37 PM |#253  
Flag San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 1

79 posts
More
I really hope one day there is a Web page or wiki that lists what android games are compatible with whatever pads...
13th February 2015, 06:59 PM |#254  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hi guys,

So after a lot of thread-reading I decided to buy a Nyko Propad and I can say it feels really well made and a nice feeling pad. What seems to be bugging me is the keymapping when using RetroArch (only tested SNES emulators so far) RetroArch picked up the pad and auto configs which is good, but it looks to messing up the start button, which means I can't get past the intro screen on most games (apart from Mario Cart which seems to be able to start with A button

Anyone else having similar problems or overcome this?
13th February 2015, 07:01 PM |#255  

79 posts
More
What is the advantage of Retroarch (other than it be in an all in one emu) vs individual emus?
17th February 2015, 10:24 PM |#256  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620

This is what I got:

http://www.gamestop.com/android/acce...ller-v2/104425

In the Amazon menu/start screen all buttons work except D-pad, you have to use the Analog. When inside emulators NES,SNES,GENESIS,GBA you can map the keys to what you want, change the video aspect etc... I was able to play several games with no problem, no delay no lag.

Today i will be installing MAME and my Fire Stick will be setup to my liking.

No root, emulators, and kodi.

So I picked up this pad for my Fire TV stick. I've tried a couple of games, one was compatible the other wasn't.

The Bard's Tale is supported, in Terraria all the buttons work except R2 which makes it unplayable.
17th February 2015, 10:30 PM |#257  

79 posts
More
Do any of the apps for mapping hardware buttons to on screen buttons work on the AFTV?
18th February 2015, 05:25 PM |#258  
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Decided to pull the plug, and picked up Nyko Playpad Pro about a week ago.
My current location, left me with limited options. Just the Logitech Gamepad and Playpad Pro.
Picked up the non Fire TV version, and tried without updating into specific Fire TV firmware.
After the first crazy blinking charge, and pairing.. Turns out, it was awesome!
Walking Dead, Asphalt, NBA, Zombie Gunner, Grand Theft Auto, plus a bunch of other games works out of the box.
Plus I love the mouse functionality for Kodi. Never expected that it would be this simple, and seamless

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Last edited by zapikoe; 19th February 2015 at 10:22 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fire tv, gamepad
Previous Thread Next Thread