FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Note 3 SIM Network Unlock PIN in India Purchased from Saudi

21st January 2014, 01:19 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello All,

I will appreciate if someone can help.

We have purchased Note 3 N9005 LTE from Saudi Arabia on 9th January and I have switched it on for the first time in India using Indian SIM card. Now it is asking for SIM NETWORK UNLOCK PIN.

I am aware that this is regional locked. But I am trying to find a solution. I already tried to purchase unlocking codes but seems there are no codes providers for phones purchased from Saudi Arabia region.

I am also aware of regional lock App, but it will void the warranty.

I wanted to ask will Samsung India or Samsung Saudi Arabia help us in this case? Did anyone experiencing the same problem found a solution without voiding the warranty?

I made a phone call to Samsung India and they said if I register it in India then there is a possibility that it may get functional, but I am not sure.

I request someone to help.

Thanks,
Last edited by drfaizan; 21st January 2014 at 01:40 PM.

6th May 2014, 07:10 AM |#2  

More
Did you find a solution?
Did you find a solution?
I am stuck too... pruchased my n9005 from KSA, and it's not working with Indian SIM.
6th May 2014, 07:49 AM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,573

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfaizan

Hello All,

I will appreciate if someone can help.

We have purchased Note 3 N9005 LTE from Saudi Arabia on 9th January and I have switched it on for the first time in India using Indian SIM card. Now it is asking for SIM NETWORK UNLOCK PIN.

I am aware that this is regional locked. But I am trying to find a solution. I already tried to purchase unlocking codes but seems there are no codes providers for phones purchased from Saudi Arabia region.

I am also aware of regional lock App, but it will void the warranty.

I wanted to ask will Samsung India or Samsung Saudi Arabia help us in this case? Did anyone experiencing the same problem found a solution without voiding the warranty?

I made a phone call to Samsung India and they said if I register it in India then there is a possibility that it may get functional, but I am not sure.

I request someone to help.

Thanks,

RegionLock Away only works with older firmwares afaik. You`re best bet is to activate it through Samsung. Register your device in India and if that doesn`t work contact Samsung again for more support.
Last edited by gee2012; 6th May 2014 at 07:53 AM.
6th May 2014, 08:12 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

RegionLock Away only works with older firmwares afaik. You`re best bet is to activate it through Samsung. Register your device in India and if that doesn`t work contact Samsung again for more support.

How do I register my device in India?
Which Samsung should I contact? Samsung India or Samsung Arabia? And how do I get it activated?

The phone is currently in India.
6th May 2014, 08:15 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,573

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizwan.wangde

How do I register my device in India?
Which Samsung should I contact? Samsung India or Samsung Arabia? And how do I get it activated?

The phone is currently in India.

Register the phone on the Indian Samsung site http://www.samsung.com/in/#undefined and choose Product Registration http://cybersvc2.samsungcsportal.com...n=N&ssoLang=en and contact Samsung India later for more activation support if needed.
Last edited by gee2012; 6th May 2014 at 08:20 AM.
6th May 2014, 02:04 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Solution
Hello,

I managed to unlock my Note 3, however I sent it back to Saudi Arabia and they have unlocked it in their service center. I was charged 200 Riyals approximately 3200 rupees. However I heard software solutions are now supporting MJ7 as well? But I am not sure.
18th February 2015, 10:27 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i have the simple solution
i have the simple solution, ........just email samsung "contact us" from the country of purchase

i bought a note 4 from saudi in jan 2015 , but indian sim do not work, ....in the box there is a pamphlet which says to unlock i must call (in/out) for 5 minutes...but i dont have a arabian sim, i contacted some local phone shops , they asked rs 3000 to unlock, i did not want to spend more money on a legaly bought phone...so i called samsung india, they said i have to contact saudi samsung, so i emailed samsung saudi, email is in arabic, but we can type in english....they repied with an email asking for model,imei, bill photo,...i sent it and they replied with the unlock codes ...and it worked
The Following User Says Thank You to waseemmik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread