Hisense Sero 7 Pro General Questions Thread

OP lichan

22nd January 2015, 09:52 PM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 48

217 posts
I've never seen a tool to make it brighter.. Only dimmer, like "Screen Filter"..

Sent from my K007 using Tapatalk
9th February 2015, 08:34 PM   |  #82  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Sero 7 Pro stuck at SMART screen
I've talked to Hisense support and they suggested a factory reset, which I did several times to no avail. I've never rooted any phone. This tablet will not boot past the SMART screen. I can get into the factory reset/RECOVERY screen. I have the tablet and an 8gb microSD card at my disposal to try to get this thing going again. I'd like to take it back to out-of-the-box/factory OS/ROM, but I really am not sure where to start. I've read through some of the posts, but most of them mention going into the Settings and turning on Development/Debugging. Mine will not boot, so I can't go there (although it may have been turned on before it booted). I'm not at all opposed to putting some other "standard" ROM on it. It belongs to my wife and she uses it for the typical stuff - browsing, email, Pinterest, FB, Instagram, text messaging, etc. When I power it on and connect it to my computer via USB, it installs "MTP USB Device" in device manager. Not sure if that is helpful or not?

Where do I start?

Thanks in advance to any replies/help.

Posted first here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...1#post58698811
10th February 2015, 01:18 PM   |  #83  
Flag Palm Bay
Thanks Meter: 404

832 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryboyz

I've talked to Hisense support and they suggested a factory reset, which I did several times to no avail. I've never rooted any phone. This tablet will not boot past the SMART screen. I can get into the factory reset/RECOVERY screen. I have the tablet and an 8gb microSD card at my disposal to try to get this thing going again. I'd like to take it back to out-of-the-box/factory OS/ROM, but I really am not sure where to start. I've read through some of the posts, but most of them mention going into the Settings and turning on Development/Debugging. Mine will not boot, so I can't go there (although it may have been turned on before it booted). I'm not at all opposed to putting some other "standard" ROM on it. It belongs to my wife and she uses it for the typical stuff - browsing, email, Pinterest, FB, Instagram, text messaging, etc. When I power it on and connect it to my computer via USB, it installs "MTP USB Device" in device manager. Not sure if that is helpful or not?

Where do I start?

Thanks in advance to any replies/help.

Posted first here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...1#post58698811

I was in a similar boat when my Sero screen cracked and I was trying to get all my data off of it. I discovered that there is a ClockWorkMod flashable package that can enable USB Debugging. It might be what you need.
12th February 2015, 12:40 AM   |  #84  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear294

I was in a similar boat when my Sero screen cracked and I was trying to get all my data off of it. I discovered that there is a ClockWorkMod flashable package that can enable USB Debugging. It might be what you need.

Thanks for the response. My issue is I'm not sure where to even start? USB debugging may be enabled already. Is there a beginners guide for doing what I'm trying to do? Load a ROM from USB for a device that doesn't boot.
19th February 2015, 12:03 AM   |  #85  

2 posts
CWM Sideload
Google "ADB Sideload". Certain versions of Recovery allow sideloading and install of ROMS directly from your PC. If your Recovery works (hold Vol Down then Power On until Recovery boots).

If Recovery doesn't allow sideloading, then you can resort to Fastboot. Google "Fastboot" and read the Cyanogenmod wiki to see how it works.
On the Sero, do Vol Up, then hold Power On until Fastboot appears.
Last edited by mpatrickjr; 19th February 2015 at 12:16 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sero-7-pro
Previous Thread Next Thread