How do I root Verizon Note II 4.4.2 ND7?

OP MustangCobraGTMan

16th January 2015, 07:13 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thumbs down still no unlock?
is there really still no way to unlock this phone to run custom roms? LITERALLY the only reason i have this in my possession (i dont even have a sim card for it and dont plan to) is to experiment with custom roms... this doesn't make sense to me, with all the knowledge we have out here, that this hasn't been figured out, especially by now.

Rant:
If they want to keep an unlocked device off their networks then they should do that, and find ways to do that... but if i OWN a device, and have no intention of connecting it to the outside world, i should be able to do whatever the f*ck i want with it. period.
25th January 2015, 05:26 AM   |  #32  

2 posts
Help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo2020Marz

Guaranteed working! Follow my setup and it will work everytime
Ok guys I was finally able to get my ND7 i605 rooted and its perm.
1. Download Ghettoroot v.0.3.2 and extract to C:
2. Download Ghettoroot from here post 27 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...t2864125/page3)
3. Extract 2nd ghettoroot downloaded to same folder as the first Ghettoroot folder
4. You should now have all folders and files at C:/ghettoroot
5. This is where most are getting no device or its not working
6. Plug in the phone and wait until it enters media mode (30sec)
7. Open INSTALL.cmd in ghettoroot folder, but DO NOT press anything else! (Leave CMD Window Open)
8. After you open INSTALL.cmd the phone will ask for PC Authorization, hit yes on phone
9. At this time open GhettoRoot.bat in the folder and run it. It should see the phone and BAM!! start rooting.

Seems that adb from one ghettoroot will not recognize phone, but run together solves this no device problem.

I take no credit for files or such. Post is my personal setup that works everytime.

Hello, i tried doing everything written and it recognized my phone and finishes everything to the reboot, but says something about being unable to find the supersu folder? Would you be willing to do a teamviewer with me so you can troubleshoot yourself?
28th January 2015, 08:26 PM   |  #33  
Flag Alexandria

7 posts
Donate to Me
More
Geohottroot not working for me on Note2 Verizon i605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo2020Marz

Guaranteed working! Follow my setup and it will work everytime
Ok guys I was finally able to get my ND7 i605 rooted and its perm.
1. Download Ghettoroot v.0.3.2 and extract to C:
2. Download Ghettoroot from here post 27 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...t2864125/page3)
3. Extract 2nd ghettoroot downloaded to same folder as the first Ghettoroot folder
4. You should now have all folders and files at C:/ghettoroot
5. This is where most are getting no device or its not working
6. Plug in the phone and wait until it enters media mode (30sec)
7. Open INSTALL.cmd in ghettoroot folder, but DO NOT press anything else! (Leave CMD Window Open)
8. After you open INSTALL.cmd the phone will ask for PC Authorization, hit yes on phone
9. At this time open GhettoRoot.bat in the folder and run it. It should see the phone and BAM!! start rooting.

Seems that adb from one ghettoroot will not recognize phone, but run together solves this no device problem.

I take no credit for files or such. Post is my personal setup that works everytime.

I tried this and it said successful in the CMD window. But when I installed SuperSU from Chainfire on the playstore, I get a message that no binary installed.
Running ND7 4.4.2 Verizon. Any suggestions?
5th February 2015, 01:35 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 4

19 posts
I sed the following method
Quote:
Originally Posted by iqcomputers

I tried this and it said successful in the CMD window. But when I installed SuperSU from Chainfire on the playstore, I get a message that no binary installed.
Running ND7 4.4.2 Verizon. Any suggestions?

Try this method, worked for me

- Download 2.2 and 3.2
- Place both folders in the root of C:
- Open a CMD window with 'run as admin'
- Type cd C:\ghettoroot-v0.3.2\tools\win\adb and run 'adb devices'
- Type cd ..\..\..
- Type install.cmd and let it run (you should be running 3.2)
- Let the phone reboot and leave install mode
- Run the cleanup and try again until it works
- Navigate to C:\ghettoroot-v0.3.2\tools\win\adb and run 'adb devices'
- Type cd C:\ghettoroot-v0.2.2\ghettoroot
- Type install.cmd
- Let the phone reboot
- Run cleanup again when phone leaves install and you're done with root
- Update SuperSU in the play store and reboot
The Following User Says Thank You to darkknightryders For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2015, 08:24 AM   |  #35  
Flag Vadodara
Thanks Meter: 20

144 posts
More
Use ghetto root.. It works

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com
19th February 2015, 02:19 AM   |  #36  

2 posts
Trouble Installing CWM/TWRP on Rooted Vz Note 2 SCH-i605 4.4.2
The title of this post summarizes my present challenge ... I have not been able to successfully install CWM or TWRP using any popular method. For example ODIN attempts fail each time, no matter what I try, e.g. swapping USB ports, reloading drivers, removing batteries, sim cards, SD card, changing cables, turning virus protection on/off, battery charge level (50 thru 100%) ... and various combinations of these approaches. ROM Mgr and other Flash apps don't get it done -- well, to be fair, they may be getting it done, but on reboot I receive an error message "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found...." blah, blah, blah. --SO, does anyone have any thoughts or approaches they might recommend? I'm really stumped. And to make it all the more vexing, I'm a novice or whatever is just before novice. I've enjoyed getting this far and have recovered from a few soft bricks along the way. The first time was worrisome, but now I don't worry so much. I've lucked out and found a lot of great guidance on forums, like this one and others. But so far, I haven't landed on the trick of getting past 'whatever roadblock(s)' are in place on this Note 2 SCH-i605 4.4.2 set-up. I'm stumped.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread