FORUMS

Hands-on With T-Mo LG G4 and Q&A

XDA Senior Member WinDroidGuy posted a hands-on video of the T-Mobile LG G4, and he is now … more

Quick Notes – Notification Panel Reminders

This app by XDA Senior Member yogi.306 is a quick and productive tool that … more

Who Is Your Favorite YouTuber That Covers Mobile?

There are dozens of talented YouTubers who cover mobile, but we want to know which … more

Galaxy S6 Shipping with Different Camera Models

One of the Galaxy S6’s most flaunted features is its spectacular camera, its 16MP … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] unlocked att htc m8 cannot send/receive mms

2nd December 2014, 11:29 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

I'd still keep trying with the APNs. Make sure with the carrier which APN is associated with your account, as there may be several. AT&T for instance has some 3 or 4 different APNs.

Rogers doesn't have any RUUs for this phone, as far as I am aware I don't see how CM will help, unless the ROM specifically supports Rogers and will have the proper Rogers APN pre-configured (or other things like build.prop). You may have better luck trying to find the stock Rogers ROM, or have another member here upload it for you.

Thanks! I and a teir 2 set of technical support staff from rogers (working over 10 days) have yet to successfully resolve the issue with APN settings. I also tried making sure that roaming was enabled since technically im not in the normal AT&T coverage zone. Figured that may have stopped data transmission, but it was also unsuccessful.

I think you are right. Might be best I start searching for a Rogers ROM. I did read somewhere that CM seemed to resolve this issue on some other phones. They may have been Tmobile though.

3rd December 2014, 02:20 PM |#22  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,774

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardstark

Thanks! I and a teir 2 set of technical support staff from rogers (working over 10 days) have yet to successfully resolve the issue with APN settings.

I would still search around for different Rogers APN settings, and try them all. The tech support may still have missed something, even despite their experience. It doesn't hurt to try, in any case. You won't break anything by trying different APNs.

I'd also double check and triple check that you have entered every APN setting field exactly correctly. I was driving myself crazy one time, thinking I had the wrong APN settings; when all it was, I had entered an extra space or missed a character on one of the lines.

It might also help if you posted the APN settings you've tried here, so we can take a look.
11th December 2014, 01:35 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I have the same problem.
update to 4.4.3 from 4.4.2
unlocked bootloader, load twrp, and rooted
flash viper 2.5 rom (4.4.3)
Done, everything works, even tmobile wifi calling, awsome rom
18th February 2015, 03:41 PM |#24  

More
MMS Solved Using CM12
Quote:

I'd still keep trying with the APNs. Make sure with the carrier which APN is associated with your account, as there may be several. AT&T for instance has some 3 or 4 different APNs.

Rogers doesn't have any RUUs for this phone, as far as I am aware I don't see how CM will help, unless the ROM specifically supports Rogers and will have the proper Rogers APN pre-configured (or other things like build.prop). You may have better luck trying to find the stock Rogers ROM, or have another member here upload it for you.

So Sorry for the loong delay. Life sometimes gets in the way. UPDATE since last discussion.

I took my ATT M8, BL-unlocked it, installed TRWP custom recovery and installed a ATT CM 12 lollipop (stable) build. Two findings,

1. CM 12 automatically loaded 4 of the most common APN settings to the APN settings location. I selected the ltemobile.apn one and instantly everything worked. MMS included!

2. the CM ltemobile.apn settings listed automatically are different from the Rogers APN settings that come on a new purchased from rogers M8, but it still works.

3. I deleted all the APNS in CM12 and created a new one using the same rogers specific APN settings that I had been trying before I rooted. Those settings now worked perfectly as well. MMS included.

Only issue is that CM 12 has issues with the infrared remote not functioning, which I use, so I'm returning to my MMS non functioning stock and continuing to search for a better solution. Will keep everyone posted.
18th February 2015, 03:47 PM |#25  

More
APN Settings from actual Rogers M8
Quote:

I would still search around for different Rogers APN settings, and try them all. The tech support may still have missed something, even despite their experience. It doesn't hurt to try, in any case. You won't break anything by trying different APNs.

I'd also double check and triple check that you have entered every APN setting field exactly correctly. I was driving myself crazy one time, thinking I had the wrong APN settings; when all it was, I had entered an extra space or missed a character on one of the lines.

It might also help if you posted the APN settings you've tried here, so we can take a look.

Also Here are the actual Rogers HTC M8 APN settings print screen'ed from a friends M8. Again purchased at a rogers store. These settings did not work on the unrooted ATT M8. However these APN settings DID work after rooting and loading CM12.

Hope this helps someone out there!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-12-08-57-20.png
Views:	68
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	3171980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-12-08-57-28.png
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	3171981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-11-12-08-57-34.png
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	3171982  
19th February 2015, 03:06 AM |#26  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 920

Donate to Me
More
Att default messaging software will not allow mms on anything other than their network...if unlocked flash a rom from your carrier,rogers,tmobile or developer edition will work....if soff change cid and mid for your carrier and flash carrier roms...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread