Epson Moverio BT-200 Wearable Display

OP sev7en

13th February 2015, 03:05 PM   |  #271  
Thanks Meter: 33

111 posts
Ok, I ordered and received this great item ! In fact it s difficult to answer to my question, I can say 5 or 10 meters, depending of what you see in background.
13th February 2015, 09:49 PM   |  #272  
Thanks Meter: 33

111 posts
Google map 8.4.1 works fine after root, ..Google Framework ..etc.... (without dev mode, I installed tinyweb on my PC to simple install with default browser "no or old playstore apk" without adb).
Compact lenovo / ibm (KT-1255 for me) Wireless keyboard with trackpoint works fine (very fine: CTRL C, CTR V, middle button + up / down ..etc..)

Someone know a good/best HUD app to have traffic and direction without background ?

Thank you to all people of this thread for all informations.
Last edited by myspac; 14th February 2015 at 05:00 PM.
18th February 2015, 06:29 PM   |  #273  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Moverio ROM dump / Android update???
Has anyone tried dumping the ROM from the device, to create a custom ROM. If not has someone tried to update the OS on the device from 4.0.4 to something better?
Last edited by Shreyasr91; 18th February 2015 at 06:39 PM.
19th February 2015, 10:52 PM   |  #274  

2 posts
Unhappy
I tried installing the Osmand App and it shows 0/0 satellites and its been like that for like 10 minutes.
I made my own app location based and still not able to get device location and on notification bar you can read the "Searching for GPS" and nothing happens.
I double checked that location is enabled on the system settings. Did you you do something special to make it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gue22

I tried things thoroughly now and I think we were just too impatient.

As far as I can tell there is no anomaly to / deficiency in the Moverio GPS.

Guess we fell for one principal problem that I remember from some 13 or 14 years ago when I had a Toshiba PDA with a pluggable GPS for roughly a 1000 bucks plus 700 for flight navigation software.
This was the time when there were still printed manuals with real content and people even read them.
It said:
The very first triangulation takes time and when you take the gadget to a different place when it is switched off it will take its time again!

Somehow the GPS seems to store / remember data and the next time itīs much quicker to fixation.

This is supported by what I saw:
As I said: I installed the OpenStreetMap OsmAnd app. It nicely shows the number of sattelites it sees and uses.

The first time it took the one or other minute to fixation, but then -- even after I shut down the glasses -- new fixation was quite quick in the range of tens of seconds and it worked inside!

Felt exciting on the bike! <g>
Cheers
G.

20th February 2015, 11:55 AM   |  #275  
Thanks Meter: 102

670 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raykud

I tried installing the Osmand App and it shows 0/0 satellites and its been like that for like 10 minutes.
I made my own app location based and still not able to get device location and on notification bar you can read the "Searching for GPS" and nothing happens.
I double checked that location is enabled on the system settings. Did you you do something special to make it work?

I installed the GPS Status app and it showed it finding satellites, but never locking on (They would show as yellow or blue with fairly good signal, but never turning green). Then I tried A-GPS download option, and it still didn't work. Finally I tried the GPS cold reset feature in the GPS Status app, and all of a sudden after just 60 seconds it sprung into life and started working. In fact I even got an 8 satellite lock indoors! It looks like in my case there was some kind of corrupt data cache that cured my issue once cleared.
20th February 2015, 05:33 PM   |  #276  

1 posts
First experience...
Got my BT-200 a few days ago. Here's my first experience....

-Installing developer version worked instantly
-Was able to root device and add playstore following instructions posted here
-Was able to install Google Maps, Chrome, Youtube, Plex, VLC etc using the Market Helper App in Play Store by setting device type temporarily to Phone/LG Nexus 4 at Austria/3AT Operator.
-For GPS I tried an app called TetherGPS. This sets the location using GPS data from another Android phone connected through WiFi Tethering. Lite version works for 5 Minutes...
-Hoping for a newer Android version to come out soon...
20th February 2015, 06:38 PM   |  #277  

2 posts
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstatt

I installed the GPS Status app and it showed it finding satellites, but never locking on (They would show as yellow or blue with fairly good signal, but never turning green). Then I tried A-GPS download option, and it still didn't work. Finally I tried the GPS cold reset feature in the GPS Status app, and all of a sudden after just 60 seconds it sprung into life and started working. In fact I even got an 8 satellite lock indoors! It looks like in my case there was some kind of corrupt data cache that cured my issue once cleared.

Do you have the GPS Status app link? as I don't seem to find it on the amazon store nor in the moverio app store.
20th February 2015, 07:00 PM   |  #278  
Thanks Meter: 102

670 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raykud

Do you have the GPS Status app link? as I don't seem to find it on the amazon store nor in the moverio app store.

Hmm...at the time I just googled "Gps Status APK" and tried a few links until I found one that works. You can try this one but I cannot guarantee it works. http://www.appsapk.com/gps-status/

Go to it from the Moverio web browser, it will download when you click the download green button, go to "downloads" and click on the file and it should install it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread