Official htc hero 2.1 rom scheduled!!!

Search This thread

StrongOneX

Jan 1, 2010
ORGINALLY POSTED AT MODACO

HEY!

LOOK WHAT I MANAGED TO SQUEEZE OUT OF A NOOB FROM HTC

I SENT

Hi. I am so waiting for the new firmware for the HTC Hero (GSM) and I was wondering why can't you (htc) just release what they've done so far then OTA patch it later? I guess you're almost finished because you've used a whole lot of time now. I've been waiting ever since before christmas and checked your website for new update every day. I'm impationtly waiting! And please, if you do not release it, please provide me some details!

THEY REPLIED

Dear

Thank you for your enquiry about htc hero.

Some of the phones in our Android line up including your Hero are due to receive an upgrade, and it is scheduled to be released starting at the end of April. Your phone should be upgraded Over-The-Air. You can expect a pop-up message on your phone when connected to the internet once it is ready. When the upgrade is ready, we will notify you via our website and on various social media networks including Twitter and Face book.

If these steps have not helped, please let me know by responding using the link provided and I will be happy to check again for you.

Best regards,

Ivona
HTC customer support team
HTC Corp. Global Service Division

AND I WAS LIKE OMFG !
:eek:

craig0r

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
and havn't they already said it won't be an OTA?

i didn't think the jump from 1.5 to 2.1 was possible via an OTA.

I agree... the OTA thing sounds like a bunch of horse piss. The update includes a new kernel, which means replacing the current kernel, which means the phone will need to be in either recovery or fastboot mode in order for the update to take place. Correct me if I'm wrong...

olafos

Jan 13, 2010
I'm skeptical...

However the OTA is not the problem. They didn't say it's an OTA update... just said that, you'll get a message on your phone telling you an update is available (+ instructions: go to website bla bla).

Still don't believe what some HTC support-minion says. They don't have a clue.

Stafflover

Dec 5, 2008
Weert
I'm skeptical...

However the OTA is not the problem. They didn't say it's an OTA update... just said that, you'll get a message on your phone telling you an update is available (+ instructions: go to website bla bla).

Still don't believe what some HTC support-minion says. They don't have a clue.

Some people over here in holland got the same mail. OTA and the end of april...
Funny since the Sprint hero (wich is branded) wil get his update around 20th of march....

I think this is because of the legend wich is released last week. The legend is a faster phone than the hero. But also more expensive I think when the difference is only a few mhz and a amoled screen not a lot of people who have the hero is gonna buy the legend when the hero get's 2.1...

For me it just opened another option. Kind of sick of promises was going to buy a desire but don't know for sure now...

StrongOneX

Jan 1, 2010
OTA

what i think they ment is that you'll get a notice or message on your phone that a new firmware is available and you'll have to goto their website

Stafflover

Dec 5, 2008
Weert
what i think they ment is that you'll get a notice or message on your phone that a new firmware is available and you'll have to goto their website

No you'll get the message there a new rom and HTC said it's going to be pushed to your phone (so OTA)
Seems strange to me since not everybody has decent 3g cover, without it it would take a very long time
to download a 130mb file....

So I hope this is gonna change, I'd rather download it myself than have it pushed to my phone

yrreP

Oct 3, 2006
Google Pixel 5
This is the update schedule -

HTC EU (Nordic/Greek/RUS/UKR/SA) 2010/4/2

TMO - UK TMO 2010/4/16

UK/ES Orange 2010/4/16

TMO - DE TMO 2010/4/16

SFR signature Orange 2010/4/22

ZA(Vodacom) HTC 2010/4/22

H3G UK H3G 2010/4/22

HTC BE HTC 2010/5/4

HTC TUR HTC 2010/5/4

TMO - PL TMO 2010/5/10

TMO - HU TMO 2010/5/10

TMO - MK TMO 2010/5/10

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
This is the update schedule -

HTC EU (Nordic/Greek/RUS/UKR/SA) 2010/4/2

TMO - UK TMO 2010/4/16

UK/ES Orange 2010/4/16

TMO - DE TMO 2010/4/16

SFR signature Orange 2010/4/22

ZA(Vodacom) HTC 2010/4/22

H3G UK H3G 2010/4/22

HTC BE HTC 2010/5/4

HTC TUR HTC 2010/5/4

TMO - PL TMO 2010/5/10

TMO - HU TMO 2010/5/10

TMO - MK TMO 2010/5/10

I want to believe you but where has this information come from?

Arthur Hucksake

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
I don't want an OTA update, i'd rather wait until a decent rom is cooked up so I don't have to go through the hassle of creating a goldcard again or anything else similar. (Could even be impossible)

juanitol

Nov 28, 2009
Hero update of Sprint

Yesterday, we had news that HTC was supposedly going to release an Android 2.1 update for HTC Hero in late April, however, here is some news which will bring cheers to your ears.

android_21[1]

According to a HTC forum member, who spoke with a Sprint executive to troubleshoot his HTC Hero which did not have service, the Android 2.1 update may arrive on March 26th, 2010 for Sprint users instead of the late April. The conversation below: (emphasis added)

I just got of the phone with the advanced support at sprint becuase my phone did not have any service since this morning. They tried all the basic trouble shooting and then said that they had seen this issue before but that the new firmware will address this issue they also stated that reactivating the phone is a work around for now. I kept on asking about the firmware release and they finally released a date for the 2.1 firmware. He stated and confirm that this update will come on 03/26/2010.

However, this update is not officially confirmed, and if released will only be available for Sprint users right now, other HTC Hero users might have to wait till April end to receive official OTA updates from HTC directly.

We will keep our eyes open for any official confirmation from Sprint with regards to this. In the meantime you can call the Sprint support and let us know if they do confirm this with you.

Source: techie-buzz.com

Top Liked Posts