Third Party DIY Nexus 10 Internal Battery Replace & Review

OP Avuton Olrich

21st February 2015, 02:16 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 6

23 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarbos00

I don't think it's a faulty battery problem, but it is certainly a possibility. The reason is that it does the same (screen lit for a few seconds, flickers and turn off) whether the charger is connected or not. So I think that the current from the charger goes through the battery even at full charge and the battery has a limit on the max load it supports. The battery for the Tab 3 most probably is not prepared to supply as much power (W) as the Nexus 10 requires.

However, if you want to give it a try you're very welcome. The part number is T4500E and the ones I found cost 13$ on eBay here on Europe. Wouldn't be surprised if you can find them even cheaper in the US.

The vendor I bought my batteries from appear to have it in stock again: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Original...-/201221845839 They seem to be on vacation right now for Chinese new years (like the whole country goes on vacation then!), and won't return until 2/23/2015. I bought two from them, one with 85% capacity and the other with 95% capacity, and they provided excellent customer service for me, with partial refund due to both batteries not operating at 100% capacity. I've been running my Nexus 10 with the 85% battery with very good results for the last couple of months and the 95% battery in the fridge for future use. The 85% battery seems to be able to charge back up to 85% the last few times I got close, but I've been maintaining my charge level between 30% and 60% as much as possible to increase longevity. I use the pogo charger cable so that I won't wear out the usb port with constant plugins. I'd highly recommend getting this cable if you have the Nexus 10. I wish all devices come with POGO connectors, as it's so much easier than microusb or even Apple's lightning connector.

Your symptom sounds like a bad battery unable to maintain voltage above 3.6V. When voltage drops to 3.55V or so, the tablet will flicker and turn off like that. The USB charging port does not supply enough power to keep the tablet powered up. You need the POGO cable with a 2A charger to keep the tablet on with a bad battery. If your battery is not bad, it should be able to keep the tablet on, as the tablet current it draws varies depending on activity, and will be under 1A with moderate activity. One thing you can do is try to go to the recovery screen and see if it stays on then. If it also flickers and powers off in recovery, I'm pretty sure it's a bad battery, as recovery screen won't be drawing much current. While I'm curious whether another battery will work, I already have 2 working batteries now, so I don't think I'll perform that experiment now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread