OP omegajester

17th February 2015, 05:37 PM   |  #681  
Flag Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 96

396 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene_Bluesman

I would be careful there, if you plan on porting roms, try and stick with D802 and yes you need a kernel, however thats for ports
Most custom roms support our beloved D803 now anyway so really no need to port. So find a rom you like and most like a D803 variant will be available.

the hottest atm are lollipop roms. Currently running AICP nightlies. There is an extra step as lollipop roms are based on JB sources and require a JB baseband(radio, modem) for rotation to work. Be sure to bavk up efs when missing with basebands and stick with D803. Good luck. cheers

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Hi Dene. I've recently switched to the AICP LP Nightly and am liking it so far (don't love it yet, but it'll grow on my I'm sure and it fixes a couple problems I had with the KK releases.) Switching back to the ClaroPR JB baseband has brought back the echo problem I had before. Do you know if I can use the Rogers baseband, since the phones are physically the same? It really sucks that we can't use the KK baseband because the signal is better with it.
20th February 2015, 05:58 AM   |  #682  
Flag Northwest Territories, Canada
Thanks Meter: 103

313 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD325

Hi Dene. I've recently switched to the AICP LP Nightly and am liking it so far (don't love it yet, but it'll grow on my I'm sure and it fixes a couple problems I had with the KK releases.) Switching back to the ClaroPR JB baseband has brought back the echo problem I had before. Do you know if I can use the Rogers baseband, since the phones are physically the same? It really sucks that we can't use the KK baseband because the signal is better with it.

And??... been a while have you tried anything? sorry for the lack of response, Winters are very busy for me with hockey and stuff. Its actually hard to find dr87 files these days. dr87 aosp kk basebands worked great when i had the g2. even on the jb required lollipop roms for the d803. I am no longer on G2 so messages and questions are forwared to the wife ha GL
Last edited by Dene_Bluesman; 20th February 2015 at 06:01 AM.
20th February 2015, 06:33 AM   |  #683  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1

45 posts
More
Quote:

And??... been a while have you tried anything? sorry for the lack of response, Winters are very busy for me with hockey and stuff. Its actually hard to find dr87 files these days. dr87 aosp kk basebands worked great when i had the g2. even on the jb required lollipop roms for the d803. I am no longer on G2 so messages and questions are forwared to the wife ha GL

Hi Dene,

Just came across this, and perhaps this might be answer to my issues. Perhaps you can verify if this is my issue. Im currently using the Vanir lollipop rom which i think is great, but I cant for the life of me get any MMS pictures. I had resurrection remix and had the same problem so i flashed new rom. But its not been resolved. Above your talk of using a JB baseband seems very odd and I have to backup EFS b4 I flash a new one? Will this solve the MMS issue? What I dont get is I can send MMS. Just cant recieve. No issues with texting.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
20th February 2015, 06:36 AM   |  #684  

313 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower68

Hi Dene,

Just came across this, and perhaps this might be answer to my issues. Perhaps you can verify if this is my issue. Im currently using the Vanir lollipop rom which i think is great, but I cant for the life of me get any MMS pictures. I had resurrection remix and had the same problem so i flashed new rom. But its not been resolved. Above your talk of using a JB baseband seems very odd and I have to backup EFS b4 I flash a new one? Will this solve the MMS issue? What I dont get is I can send MMS. Just cant recieve. No issues with texting.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

check if APN settings ar correct, try hangouts

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
20th February 2015, 06:43 AM   |  #685  
Flag Vancouver

45 posts
More
Quote:

check if APN settings ar correct, try hangouts

Thanks for quick reply! I did check the APN and actually deleted it and reentered everything. Verified settings according to whats online. Been using chomp sms as well. Never had a problem before LP roms.

Is this not the reason why we have to download D803 specific roms so that these baseband issues are correct for D803?

Ill try hangouts.
20th February 2015, 06:50 AM   |  #686  

313 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for quick reply! I did check the APN and actually deleted it and reentered everything. Verified settings according to whats online. Been using chomp sms as well. Never had a problem before LP roms.

Is this not the reason why we have to download D803 specific roms so that these baseband issues are correct for D803?

Ill try hangouts.

I actually feel for the claro users, i have been used to choices. but bare in mjnd that we do share the same variant and such should be downloading the same variant roms and kernels. Oh and btw i fired up my pc today and found a flashable claro jb rom lol

it sucks they didnt upgrade to kk but luckily lollipop roms are based on jb sources so its a win win for claro users. D803 FTW @Hightower68 pm me please
Last edited by Dene_Bluesman; 20th February 2015 at 06:57 AM.
20th February 2015, 06:57 AM   |  #687  
Flag Vancouver

45 posts
More
Quote:

I actually feel for the claro users, i have been used to choices. but bare in mjnd that we do share the same variant and such should be downloading the same variant roms and kernels. Oh and btw i fired up my pc today and found a flashable claro jb rom lol

Go figure. Been a while since using JB.
Hangouts still hasnt recieved any MMS. Guess LP roms are not cut out for our variants yet.
20th February 2015, 07:04 AM   |  #688  

313 posts
More
Quote:

Go figure. Been a while since using JB.
Hangouts still hasnt recieved any MMS. Guess LP roms are not cut out for our variants yet.

doubt it will be either unfortunatlely. but hey D803-801 will still strive. lets take one step at a time. pm me

The Following User Says Thank You to Dene_Bluesman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2015, 06:24 PM   |  #689  
Flag Vancouver

45 posts
More
Quote:

doubt it will be either unfortunatlely. but hey D803-801 will still strive. lets take one step at a time. pm me

Dene did you get a pm? Ive put it in twice and sent but looking at the sent box, there is nothing. Feel free to pm if need be. And sorry if there is duplicates.
21st February 2015, 09:41 PM   |  #690  
Flag Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 96

396 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware you had changed phones. I haven't done anything, but ever since that first day other phone calls seem to be fine. No one else has complained about echoes. As far as LP goes, I'm liking it so far even though there is less customization available on it so far. I'm on AICP nightly. I've thought about upgrading my phone as I seem to have a penchant for acquiring red headed stepchild devices lol. My first Android was an HTC Amaze 4G, which was a great phone but apparently was only a holdover between the Sensation and the One series, so support was dropped pretty quickly. Anyway, I'm going to stay with this one for now as it is a great phone and there is active development for it still. Maybe I'll get a Nexus 6 in a few months when the prices come down.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bell, claro pr, d801, d803, lg g2
Previous Thread Next Thread