TapDeck Beta: Smart Wallpaper Discovery

more

Black Electric Blue Theme [Layers]

more

Official Samsung Galaxy S6 And S6 Edge Camera Hands-on

The post Official Samsung Galaxy S6 And S6 Edge Camera Hands-on appeared first on … more

Open, Accessible Material Design Icons

more

QuickCharge 2.0

OP KyleSforza

13th February 2015, 05:16 AM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 28

400 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaadilhx

I generally use my samsung galaxy tab charger with my z2 because the Sony's 1500mah charger is very slow. An old htc 1a charger is faster than Sony's charger using Sony's usb cable.

Using the samsung official 5v 2a charger with a cheap magnetic 2 meter cable provides around 1300mah. Charge voltage starts around 4.1 rising to 5v slowly. 2 hours will achieve near 80% at 1% every 1 minute 29 seconds. Nearer to the end of charge the rate and voltage decreases, so it's slow charged at that point until full.

I haven't recorded the figures but the phone is accepting higher charge current, so I try to find a good balance to avoid too much heat. A higher quality magnetic cable will likely be faster but may also generate more heat, but not much problem on cold winter desks or surfaces.

If Sony wanted quick charge they would have an official charger, for now they aren't bothered.

It would be good to know the official figures and charger, rate etc using the z3. Is it still a 1.5a charger?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

What app did you use to record voltage?

Sent from my D6633 using XDA Free mobile app
13th February 2015, 10:05 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 12

36 posts
More
I normally use a combination of apps, current widget, battery by Macropinch & system monitor to try and verify accuracy and timing.

I tried to do a full charge with the original charger & Sony usb again and closely checked the details, 3 apps running, connectivity off, night filter active while screen on to check figures but otherwise screen off, it's been so slow via usb cable.

from 1% battery 28c, 3.6v 1a 1059ma max

After 1 hour 33% - 32.5c 3.9v - up to 1a similar current fluctuating but mostly near 1a.

11:40 2 hours 65% 32c - 4.1v 850/900ma sight drop in charge current.

Didn't complete charge with Sony charger, it's just too slow but of course after 80% charge speed is slow also.

Can anyone verify whether this Sony charger is ever supplying the quoted output?

13th February 2015, 09:16 PM   |  #53  
Flag Tawau
Thanks Meter: 37

195 posts
More
Quote:

I generally use my samsung galaxy tab charger with my z2 because the Sony's 1500mah charger is very slow. An old htc 1a charger is faster than Sony's charger using Sony's usb cable.

Using the samsung official 5v 2a charger with a cheap magnetic 2 meter cable provides around 1300mah. Charge voltage starts around 4.1 rising to 5v slowly. 2 hours will achieve near 80% at 1% every 1 minute 29 seconds. Nearer to the end of charge the rate and voltage decreases, so it's slow charged at that point until full.

I haven't recorded the figures but the phone is accepting higher charge current, so I try to find a good balance to avoid too much heat. A higher quality magnetic cable will likely be faster but may also generate more heat, but not much problem on cold winter desks or surfaces.

If Sony wanted quick charge they would have an official charger, for now they aren't bothered.

It would be good to know the official figures and charger, rate etc using the z3. Is it still a 1.5a charger?

Whats the different of heat between the samsung tab and sony stock charger? Did the samsung tab charger heat the battery so much?

Sent from my D6503
14th February 2015, 03:50 AM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 430

1,606 posts
More
Quote:

Can anyone verify whether this Sony charger is ever supplying the quoted output?

This and That on an EP880 1.5A
Tested via Hardware.... i don't trust no Software app!
21st February 2015, 11:17 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 12

36 posts
More
Yes I've noticed software gives various results sometimes more fluctuation in charge.

What I can say for sure is the original charger & cable via usb port is the slowest charge.

Still with the Sony magnetic charger it's slow but ...

Using my Samsung 2A charger via the magnetic port it's significantly faster charging. Meaning saving 1 hour off charging time. Full charge from 1% in 2:30 minutes. Better efficiency with Sony magnetic dock than genetic device.

Temperature goes to around 37c at higher charging rate, over 40c if device is in use.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread