[APP][4.2+][ROOT] SecondScreen - better screen mirroring for rooted devices

OP farmerbb

18th February 2015, 12:12 PM   |  #201  
Thanks Meter: 1,003

3,231 posts
Hi, i use this on my Nexus 6 when i connect to my chromecast so the screen turns off ( backlight / black overlay).. that works perfectly btw, i was just wondering, could you possibly add a method to turn the screen back on ?

Maybe a proximity wave across the device? or shake the device?
Last edited by italia0101; 18th February 2015 at 01:07 PM.
20th February 2015, 04:22 PM   |  #202  
Thanks Meter: 28

151 posts
I wish there were a option to change the launcher. I found a way to use the app with Stock ROM on my Note Pro 12.2 (using Xposed "App Settings" module), but "TouchWiz Start" crashes with 160dpi on my Full HD monitor (works fine with 240dpi on my TV) so I have to use Apex or any other launcher. In normal use I like to use TouchWiz as default launcher.
Last edited by tomatende2001; 20th February 2015 at 04:24 PM.
22nd February 2015, 12:24 AM   |  #203  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somewhere, Utah
Thanks Meter: 278

415 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by italia0101

Hi, i use this on my Nexus 6 when i connect to my chromecast so the screen turns off ( backlight / black overlay).. that works perfectly btw, i was just wondering, could you possibly add a method to turn the screen back on ?

Maybe a proximity wave across the device? or shake the device?

To clarify the backlight on/off behavior: the backlight will never turn off unless a display is connected. Therefore, if you need to turn the backlight off in an emergency, you can simply unplug your device from the display and the backlight will instantly turn back on. For Chromecast users, when you power the device off and on, the backlight will turn back on temporarily while on the lock screen, allowing you to use the notification to turn SecondScreen off if needed.

That having been said, I just pushed a beta update (available in the Downloads section of the thread) that will hopefully make it easier to toggle the backlight off and on. You can now configure the notification action buttons to add a backlight toggle as one of the buttons. You can also now toggle the backlight via homescreen widget or via Tasker.

Gesture-based actions such as proximity wave or shaking aren't all that reliable and there would be a high probability that the backlight would turn on or off without the user's intent. However, if you use Tasker, you can always configure any of the actions in Event > Sensor to trigger the built-in SecondScreen plugin to get the behavior you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to farmerbb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chromecast, display, hdmi, mhl, slimport
Previous Thread Next Thread