[RECOVERY] TWRP Touch Recovery 2.7.1.0 (N5100/N5110)

Search This thread

glockman4519

Jun 5, 2013
Central Pa
plus.google.com
I was just checking to see of this thread was dead. I have seen a lot of changes in TWRP lately so I figured I would see if there was any chatter or talk. Is there any chance of TWRP picking this device up for supported?

"Chance Favors the Prepared"

Reactions: pinoymutt

pinoymutt

Nov 7, 2008
SoCal
I was just checking to see of this thread was dead. I have seen a lot of changes in TWRP lately so I figured I would see if there was any chatter or talk. Is there any chance of TWRP picking this device up for supported?

"Chance Favors the Prepared"

I'd be curious on this as well. It'd would be great to have the latest TWRP ported/updated for the Note 8.0 if there was a dev so inclined :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I managed to build latest TWRP for N5100/N5110.
    This a test build you can flash from your existing recovery.
    Odin packages and flashable ZIPs are now available for n5100 and N5110.

Download:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=15631

What's new since 2.6.3.0?

What's new in 2.7.1.0:

Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
    Various bugfixes to backup and restore
    Improvements to USB storage handling
    Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
    Various other bugfixes and tweaks
    NOTE: This is a test version and does NOT support f2fs, but you can switch to other filesystems

What's new in 2.7.0.0:

Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
    Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
    Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
    Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
    Text wrap in the console output
    Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
    Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
    Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
    Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
    Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
    Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
    Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
    Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
    USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
    Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
    Add 4.4 AOSP decrypt support
    Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
    Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Changelog:
    Build 1:
    -First release

Credits:
    @sbrissen for original port and maintenance of CM11 for n5100/n5110/n5120.
    @Dees_Troy & TEAMWIN for making TWRP
    I was wondering if there would be a possibility of getting this recovery in portrait mode. I am wanting to use a Holofied theme that has more options that can utilize TWRP even better but it does not work with landscape layout. I have already tried to take the Grouper TWRP and used its res folder and added that to the n5110 twrp and repacked the recovery.img and flashed but recovery is still in landscape but is displaying a portrait layout which is unusable.

Yes, I will try to build in portrait mode when I have time, I think this will also fix aroma installer issues too.
    Build 2 is released.
    Now n5100 and n5110 is supported. You can get tar files to flash via Odin or use zip files if you want to flash from your existing recovery (CWM, PhilZ or older versions of TWRP)