[Q]How to root asus fonepad 7 fe170cg

Search This thread

aabidhashmi

Feb 19, 2012
Paonta Sahib
www.facebook.com
root asus fonepad 7 fe170cg

1. Unpack Root fe170.zip
2. Place update_supersu.zip to root of your SD card.
3. Boot fonepad into FASTBOOT (Make shure the device is turned off. Press and hold powe and vol+ until you see the FASTBOOT menu)
4. Connect fonepad to pc.
5. Go to folder where you unpack Root fe170.zip
6. Launch launcher.bat
7. type ACCEPT
8 if all ok you will see
=======================================================================

DEVICE STATUS: FASTBOOT-ONLINE

DEVICE INFORMATION: EAOKBC000000 fastboot

9. Then type T2
After this your phone pad will load CWM recovery. (Then its loadin yo may see on screen some stripes or othe artefacts. It's Normal)
10. Now use CWM recovery menu to install zip from SD card
11. Afte install zip go to reboot menu and select reboot system now (if you get question about to root your devise, ask yes)
12. Now boot normaly and install SuperSU.

Tested on android 4.4.2

P.S: Also nandroid backup work via online CWM

Thanks a lot ... Working fine on my Fonepad 7
ASUS Fonepad 7 (FE170CG)
Model K012
Firmware version - WW-11.2.3.28
KitKat 4.4.2

Thanks again

psxz

Nov 10, 2014
Cwm recovery

if the above method to root does it through cmw so it means that we can have CWM!!!!!
Also the cwm is of dell venue 8......for the recovery i think we can remove recovery-from-boot.p from system so that it does boot into stock recovery.....Please anyone can test it as mine has bootloader bricked so not able to update to 4.4.2 :(

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

[/COLOR @gorunf can u tell me the source from where you downloaded the zip file???:);)

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

oh nd the method posted by @gorunf to root works for jb too....

MAGNUS FORRESTER

Jan 9, 2015
1. Unpack Root fe170.zip
3. Boot fonepad into FASTBOOT (Make shure the device is turned off. Press and hold powe and vol+ until you see the FASTBOOT menu)
6. Launch launcher.bat
7. type ACCEPT
8 if all ok you will see

9. Then type T2
After this your phone pad will load CWM recovery. (Then its loadin yo may see on screen some stripes or othe artefacts. It's Normal)
11. Afte install zip go to reboot menu and select reboot system now (if you get question about to root your devise, ask yes)

Tested on android 4.4.2

It worked, thanks :angel:

tbstroken

Oct 9, 2010
i am looking for the missing link

where can i download fe170cg-root.zip , there is no link for that

ASUS Android Version 4.4.2 is very hard to root, lucky for others who were able to root using rootzenfone but I was able to root using the method of Mr. Eko Sunaryo and Mr. Alden Roi who gave their contributions in the internet. "Flash Firmware ASUS Fonepad 7 FE170CG (K012)" by Eko Sunaryo and "How to Root ASUS FONEPAD 7 FE170CG Using PC" by Alden Roi. I would like to thank these 2 people in their great contributions in rooting this device. I combined these 2 procedures in rooting this device. This procedure is very long and intended for beginners and I made it step by step procedure.

I Firmware Checking And Downloading
1. Check your firmware code from settings\software information\Build number. Check the code if WW, TW, JP, TR or CN. Mine is WW so I download the second latest update which is "WW_V10.32.1.33.1" and not the latest update which is "WW_V11.2.3.18.2". The firmware you download must be the same code in your fonepad.
2. Make a new folder ASUS FEROOT in C Drive in your PC. Copy the firmware you downloaded to this folder. Extract It and you will get "UL_....user.zip
3. Extract the UL_...user.zip. After extracting, rename the file UL_...user.zip to SD_update.zip
4. Copy the files fastboot.img, boot.img and splashscreen.img to folder ASUS FEROOT. The purpose of these files is to change the bootloader

II FE170CG Root.Zip Downloading And Installing Drivers
1. Download the FE170CG Root.zip form "How To Root ASUS Fonepad 7 FE170CG Using PC"
2. Copy the file to folder ASUS FEROOT & extract it.
3. Open folder adb & copy all its contents except boot.img (Important) to folder ASUS FEROOT.
4. Double click adb_setup_1.3exe and install in your PC.
5. Open folder intelandroiddrvsetup1.1.5 & install IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.1.5exe
6. Copy RootGeniusexe, Superuser.apk and Superuser Folder to ASUS FEROOT Folder.

R E V I E W :
Important: Folder ASUS FEROOT in your PC must contain the following files in order to perform adb and fastboot commands:
1. adb.exe
2. AdbWin Api.dll
3. AdbWinUsbApi.dll
4. boot.img
5. fastboot.exe
6. fastboot.img
7. splashscreen.img
8. RootGenius.exe
9. Superuser Folder

III Setting Up The Fonepad
1. Go to Settings\Developer options of your fonepad and tick USB debugging
2. Go to Settings\Security\Tick Unknown Sources
3. Settings\Wifi\ Forget Network, Bluetooth Off
4. Settings\More\Mobile Network\Data Enabled Off ( No Check)
5. Quick Settings Airplane Mod On, GPS Off, Autosync Off

IV Downgrading Fonepad's Firmware Or Software Using ADB And Fasboot Commands
1. Connect your Fonepad to PC using USB cable
2. Right click Computer, Click Manage, Double Click Device Manager
3. Click triangle of Android Device and if you see ASUS Android Composite ADB Interface then you are ready to root your device
4. Copy the file SD_update.zip to MicroSD of your Fonepad & not to Internal Memory (Very Important!)
5. Click the circle (start) window logo located at the down-left of your screen and type cmd and enter. You will be in Windows Command Prompt
6. Change Directory by typing cd C:\ASUS FEROOT and enter
7. Type adb devices and enter and tick your fonepad to accept commands from PC. You will see your adb device number.
8. Type adb reboot-bootloader and press enter. You will see your bootloader in your fonepad. Method is better than using the Press Power & Volume Up Method.
9. Type fastboot devices and enter to check for fastboot device number
10. Type fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img and enter
11. Type fastboot flash boot boot.img and enter
12. Type fastboot flash splashscreen splashscreen.img and enter
13. Type fastboot erase cache and enter
14. Type fastboot reboot-bootloader and enter. (You will see a different bootloader compared to bootloader of 4.4.2)
15. Fonepad still connected to PC. Using volume keys go to SD Update & press power button. Your fonepad will install the firmware you downloaded. Wait for it to finish. Will boot itself automatically. Now you have a new software
16. Fill up the ASUS Log In. Don't unplug the USB Cable.
17. Repeat Procedure III From 1-5 - Very Important!

V Rooting The Fonepad 7
1. With the USB still connected again I repeat to make sure USB Debugging On and strictly follow the steps of III (1-5).
2. Go to PC, ASUS FEROOT Folder & right click RootGenius.exe as Administrator
3. Right click Superuser Folder from ASUS FEROOT and click copy
4. Pres Ctrl-Alt-Del and click Taskbar
5. Look for shuame and right click and click location
6. Delete Superuser Folder from shuame and right click and paste Superuser Folder
7. Click Root from Root Genius and wait for it to finish. Lucky if you can do it once only.
8. If not successful on first attempt, don't unplug the cable, repeat steps 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
9. Do this until root successful
10. If successful, check folder of Fonepad if Superuser is present and click it.
11. If not present, copy Superuser.apk to MicroSD and install
12. Download RootChecker from Playstore to check if rooted

VI Removing The Live Demo Problem Which Is Irritating
1. Install RootExplorer from Playstore or from any download site.
2. Open RootExplorer and click to grant access permanently from Superuser
3. Go to system\app. Click RW to change to RO
4. Look for all ASUS Live Demo.apk and rename all the 4 files by changing apk to old and adding old to other files. Don't delete, maybe you need the files someday.
5. Reboot your fonepad and Unplug the USB Cable
Congratulations you have rooted your device and no more Live Demo Problem. Just Hit The Thanks Button If I Helped You. Feel Free To Asks Questions. Although this procedure is long but it is the safest way.

psxz

Nov 10, 2014
can anyone help me updating to 4.4.2 after downgrading to 4.3?? It fails on manual updating in stock recovery and a usb logo starts to appear.....Please help me fix it....

raptur3d

Jul 18, 2011
THANK YOU! Heaven sent!

1. Unpack Root fe170.zip
6. Launch launcher.bat
7. type ACCEPT
8 if all ok you will see

9. Then type T2

Tested on android 4.4.2

Confirmed! This approach works 100%.
I am on factory-stock kitkat upgraded to latest kitkat from OTA before following the steps.
Thank you for SuperSU! I was able to remove ASUS bloatware and speed up my fonepad.

Etnad07

Sep 29, 2014
where can i download fe170cg-root.zip , there is no link for that
The missing FE170CG-Root.zip contains drivers and the 3 files of Mr. Alden Roi.
Download ADB + Fastboot, and Intel Drivers from "How to Root ASUS Fonepad 7 FE170CG (K012) by Chodirin"dated Sep 16. Download only these 2 files and don't download the others. The other 3 files from Mr. Alden Roi. Maybe this intelandroidDrvsetup1.1.5exe will work. Follow my steps thoroughlly and carefully."
The FE170CG-Root.zip was gone and you can use the first 2 files form Chodirin and the 3 files from Mr. Alden Roi. Then follow my procedures.Go to No. 21 where Renwa asks a lot of questions regarding installation of drivers and see also the corrections that I made in the procedure. After rooting a number times you will succeed. Make sure you use Windows 7. Windows gave problems according to Renwa.
If you update your tablet the rooting will be gone. This time use the rootzenfone procedure by Eko Sunaryo following the procedures strictly in the YouTube or go to link How to Root Fonepad 7 FE170CG (K012) Kitkat by Mr. Alden Roi. If Live Demo appearing, Chodirin said to root again and it will be gone. If not solved use my procedure VI. Download Rootzenfone.apk from "How to Root Fonepad 7 FE170CG (K012) Kitkat" by Alden Roi. Just asks me if you have problems. I hope you will succeed.
My procedure is downgrade the ROM, Root, then upgrade the ROM, Root Using Zenfone.apk then remove Live Demo Problem. Just hit the thanks button if I helped you.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

I have this problem too , with asus live demo servi , how can i stop it ? pls help me . Ty !

Read procedure VI of my procedures if you are rooted and follow the steps. If not rooted use my procedures, rootzenfone.apk technique or new procedures from others. Hope I helped you. Hit the thanks button if I helped you

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

can anyone help me updating to 4.4.2 after downgrading to 4.3?? It fails on manual updating in stock recovery and a usb logo starts to appear.....Please help me fix it....

Try to use my procedures, maybe it will help you. My procedure is downgrade the ROM, then ROOT, the Upgrade the ROM, the ROOT using Zenfone.apk. See statements above and the corrections in the procedures.
Hit the thanks button if Ihelped you.

borrelee

Feb 14, 2011
1. Unpack Root fe170.zip
6. Launch launcher.bat
7. type ACCEPT
8 if all ok you will see

9. Then type T2

Tested on android 4.4.2

Hi, you method really work,
But still cannot remove demo stops, crash app. or at least can you tell me how to install another firmware from CN to WW.
I already download from Official asus removed firmwares, since its a padfone one.
Simply I am stack here, what I am doing wrong.
Instructions are so easy but simply doesn't work.
I did it before with some HTC fones but with this one I am really stuck
Pls help me

gorunf

Jun 13, 2013
Hi, you method really work,
But still cannot remove demo stops, crash app. or at least can you tell me how to install another firmware from CN to WW.
I already download from Official asus removed firmwares, since its a padfone one.
Simply I am stack here, what I am doing wrong.
Instructions are so easy but simply doesn't work.
I did it before with some HTC fones but with this one I am really stuck
Pls help me

Hi!
Try this to solve:
1) start file manager like root explorer
2) go to system/app or system/priv-app (path is depends on the version)
3) do install Asus Demo
4) do install Asus Demo Service
5) during installation you will see error, its normal
After this steps Asus Demo will be disabled.
I dont try this , but some people say this method work.

sridharb

Mar 12, 2015
Chennai
Works very well on latest firmware (WW_V11.2.3.31) also

Thank you again.

1. Unpack Root fe170.zip
6. Launch launcher.bat
7. type ACCEPT
8 if all ok you will see

9. Then type T2

Tested on android 4.4.2

G.Ashwinkumar

Jul 2, 2013
Hosur
Guys please help me. I dont know where to start reading this thread. As far as i read i think root is available but we downgrade root it with one of the two methods or do both. Then upgrade and for each update again root it and say no no to asus bloat. But the initial roots sometimes fail and we do stuff again. So can someone give me a current update on what works and what not? How do i root successfully?

Any custom roms? Any recovery images? Any kind of development?

Note: Running Windows 8.1 x64(In pc)

jeffrey roy

Mar 28, 2015
thanks a lot man....

youre the man...i fix my fonepad using ur method.....u save me........i'm very thankfull.....almost lose hope...but never gave up!!!! so happy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another method to root

1. Unpack Root fe170.zip
    6. Launch launcher.bat
    7. type ACCEPT
    8 if all ok you will see

9. Then type T2

Tested on android 4.4.2

For those who are still searching on how to Root the lollipop version:
    1. Download IntelAndroid-FBRL-05-16-2015-PTR.7z from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60770086&postcount=352 and the super su zip from https://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU
    2. Copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip to the root of your SD card(That is on the top layer not within a folder).
    3. Boot fonepad into FASTBOOT (Make sure the device is turned off. Press and hold power and vol+ until you see the FASTBOOT menu)
    5. Go to folder where you unpack IntelAndroid-FBRL-05-16-2015-PTR.7z
    6. Launch launcher.bat
    7. Type ACCEPT
    8. Then type T4
    After this your phone pad will load CWM recovery. (When its loading you may see on screen some stripes or other artefacts. It's Normal)
    10. Now use CWM recovery menu to install UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip from SD card
    11. After installing the zip go to reboot menu and select reboot system now (if you get question about to root your device, ask yes)
    12. Now boot normally and install SuperSU.

Note: None of this is my work just put it together for others to follow easily..

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Guys need some help here.. Tried installing some games and as expected low space issue..I've rooted and cleared all the bloatware but still only 400 mb space left in internal memory.. In my previous device there was a simple vold.fstab tweak to swap the storages anything like that for this one? Any other work around to install some big apps and games?
    On facebook group asus Indonesia, someone share how to root FE170CG

tools :
    rootgenius.exe
    mod superuser.rar
    superuser.apk

step :
    1. open rootgenius.exe
    2. open taskmanager windows and find shuame_helper.exe on processes tab. right click then find location
    3. go to folder superuser delete all files and extract modsuperuser.rar in superuser folder
    4. set USB debuging on and check unkown soucres (setting - > security) on device. plug to pc, make sure driver allready installed and on device manager detected as "K012" without the exclamation mark.
    5. back to rootgenius and click ROOT circle, device will reboot once.
    6. after 100% or done, install superuser.apk

source https://www.facebook.com/notes/asus...oot-fonepad-7-fe170cg-via-pc/1483813701890897

I am not responsible for bricked devices.

Update : Success my k012 now rooted. I got ADB driver from windows automaticly download. So I dont know how to share it. just use pc has internet connection.
    again, how to...

Guys, I´ve done it 5 times already. it works fine. I try to explain how i did:
    1. Downloaded all files (incl drivers)
    2. Unlock developer options (go to settings -> About -> Software information, now touch a few times on "Build number" till u see the msg that u r developer now)
    3. Plug the phone and installed all drivers (device manager detected as "K012" without the exclamation mark.)
    4. enable USB debugging in developer options (go to settings -> developer options -> turn on USB debugging)
    5. If necessary, install ADB Driver
    6. now open root genius.exe and start it -> it will run till abt 73% (takes a lot time and a few reboots)
    7. at 73% it will stop, now unplug and replug the phone (do not close the root program). You`ll see the "failed" screen (two buttons and a "sad" android)
    8. open task manager windows and find shuame helper.exe on processes tab. right click then find location
    9. go to folder superuser delete all files and extract mod superuser.rar in superuser folder
    10. back to root genius and click ROOT button on the left, device will reboot once. mostly rooting will be done within one minute
    11. after 100% or done, install superuser.apk

this is the way I´ve done it, and it worked fine for me. (win7-64)

BTW:
    - after installing latest update, it will overwrite root and you have to root it again.
    - xposed will not work and brick yr device (if it is bricked, just launch recovery and do a factory reset)
    - after factory reset, root will not be wiped off
    Root FE170CG aka K012 with new Lollipop firmware "UL-K012-WW-12.8.1.26-user":

Follow procedures @social-design-concepts
    <http://xdaforums.com/android/development/intel-android-devices-root-temp-cwm-t2975096>

- Use latest file "IntelAndroid-FBRL-05-16-2015"
    <http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=60770086&postcount=352>

- Use Trigger option "T4"

Mine rooted this way.