FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Amazon Prime Instant Video on Android tablets

116 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By gino_76ph, Senior Member on 17th March 2014, 07:16 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th March 2014, 03:53 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

... There is NO way to watch HD Amazon content on any KitKat device. KitKat uses the Chomium webkit, so It ain't happening period. Now, you can use a browser that utilizes server-side rendering, but again, you are getting a compressed stream, NOT HD & a less than stellar bitrate at that.

Used to be true, but outdated info now. Works on my Nexus 7 (2012) with 4.4.2, and it's not via HTML5.
The Following User Says Thank You to tl3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

19th March 2014, 04:33 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl3

Used to be true, but outdated info now. Works on my Nexus 7 (2012) with 4.4.2, and it's not via HTML5.

I'm just wondering how come a company such as Amazon who builds/sells Kindle Fire tablets which are essentially Android tablets albeit forked versions (but still Android by heart) that they don't support other Android tablets in terms of an Amazon Prime Instant Video Android app.

The only workaround i see is watching it on my PS3 (which i can't carry on a train or bus when i'm travelling or when i'm on a holiday on a beach somehwere) or buy an iPad (which for me is not anymore viable as an Android tablet does all jobs for me) or a get a Kindle Fire tablet (which i've sold due to lack of apps albeit third-party stores) or email Amazon and wait till they realize that they need to create such an app.

Just bloody ridicks!
19th March 2014, 04:56 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Try this http://www.teleread.com/android/watc...itkat-devices/

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to ptrsnshane For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 07:28 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl3

excuse me sir.
i used the forum search and this was the first thread i was redirected to. and the answer i get hiere: "well i know the answer, but i won't answer it just to tell this particular person a lessen, without facing the fact that other people may come around and would also like to know the anser"

maybe you could think over it and share your information with us

geri
15th September 2014, 08:28 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geri.st

excuse me sir.
i used the forum search and this was the first thread i was redirected to. and the answer i get hiere: "well i know the answer, but i won't answer it just to tell this particular person a lessen, without facing the fact that other people may come around and would also like to know the anser"

maybe you could think over it and share your information with us

geri

get the amazon app via the amazon app shop (not from the playstore!) and just try. As i see it, there are now some devices working ok with it, and others are not working. This is the last thing i know. BTW i have an K-R42 (Android TV box) and its NOT working there. i dont know why. Is there anybody not as clueless as we are?!

thank you =)
The Following User Says Thank You to QuAn64m For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2015, 12:47 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up Amazon Prime Instant Video working on Chinese Tablet
Had a lot of fiddling about to get this working on my Chinese Tablet running 4.4.2 . . .

Teleread had the answer, so I am posting here and hopefully it will help others. The main bit didn't work, but scroll down the page to the posts from users and review the help given by CHRIS on September 17. It was HARD to get my tablet to download the Android Phone app (rather than the default TABLET app) as Google Playstore refused to show the phone app to me. I did a google search and found a link to the app that didn't use either google or amazon. Now I am watching Amazon Prime Videop on my Chinese ONDA iPad look-alike.

HOW TO

and the work-around to get it to work

Chris says:
September 17, 2014 at 3:45 pm

It was painful but I got it to work on 3 devices – a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7.0) and an HTC Evo 4G LTE. Not intuitive would be an understatement! Here is what I did on each device in the order I did them.

1. Download and install the Amazon Appstore APK using link above.

2. Download and install the Instant Video (AIV) APK from the Amazon Appstore.
–At this point I got a runaround where the AIV app would direct me to a website which asked for my email which sent me a link to that same website. Frustrating. Turns out the AIV app runs through the Amazon shopping app – for PHONES – and you have to have the most updated version from the Google Play store.–

3. Download and/or update and install the Amazon shopping app from the Google Play store, PHONE VERSION (the tablet version I have on my Tab3 does NOT work but the phone one does).

4. Opened the Amazon shopping app from Google Play and signed in.

5. Opened the AIV app from the Amazon apps store and bingo!

Playback works well on 2/3 of my devices. It is super fuzzy on my HTC Evo 4G LTE but that is still running 4.1, my other two devices have KitKat and it works great.

Once it’s installed it’s nice but a pain in the ass to get up and running. Why Amazon? Why not just make a nice app for the Google Play store like everybody else? With their very nice Roku and iPad apps this antipathy to Android confuses me.
Unquote
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread