Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

LiveView reverse-engineering effort

13th January 2015, 03:28 PM |#1061  
Thanks Meter: 9

104 posts
Has there been any success in the past year with Open LiveView being able to utilise LV plugins ("official" or open-source)?

2nd February 2015, 11:41 AM |#1062  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1

170 posts
More
Re-Animate my LiveView
Hi Folks,
A long Time ago i used my LiveView. But it was too crappy and always looses connection. Even solder new Antennas didnīt solved the Problems.
But now I installed the OpenLiveView APK and was wondering how good the LV works.
The connectionīs beeing lost sometimes, but comes back very quick at one Press.
It seems that the Hardware isnīt that bad, but the Software was the real ****. Shame on You Sony!!!!

Conclusion: The LiveView is an usable Smartwatch. It has less features than my loved SW2 , but it ist usable...

One Million Thanks to the father of OLV for that present!!!!!!
16th February 2015, 09:43 PM |#1063  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 112

112 posts
Donate to Me
More
due to a request i'm going to release a custom firmware soon that will just allow you to control all the pixels through a serial usb connection. (aswell as reading the inputs from the touch buttons)
for myself i'm going to use it as display on a raspberry pi.

i have no plans on ever finishing the smartwatch like custom firmware since i have not that much spare time and just wait for the arrival of the sony smartwatch 3 in germany.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GottZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2015, 03:33 PM |#1064  
Thanks Meter: 42

201 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottZ

due to a request i'm going to release a custom firmware soon that will just allow you to control all the pixels through a serial usb connection. (aswell as reading the inputs from the touch buttons)
for myself i'm going to use it as display on a raspberry pi.

i have no plans on ever finishing the smartwatch like custom firmware since i have not that much spare time and just wait for the arrival of the sony smartwatch 3 in germany.

I acctually wanted to do the same, I just lack the knowledge or the time to aquire it Can you consider realising a guide for it?
The Following User Says Thank You to vbaros For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2015, 05:15 PM |#1065  
Flag Cologne

112 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbaros

I acctually wanted to do the same, I just lack the knowledge or the time to aquire it Can you consider realising a guide for it?

I'll do the firmware coding on linux and will write a nodejs module to communicate with it cross platform over usb. I might aswell create a simple c library for interaction that can be used on Windows aswell as linux.

I will write down all the requirements and how to configure certain things to get the compiling done by yourself.
I will also provide binaries though.

All in all its not that complicated to extend if you got it running.

If you want to I can also make you a contributor to the resulting github project.

Even further.. Did you got Google hangouts or something else?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk
Last edited by GottZ; 20th February 2015 at 05:20 PM.
23rd February 2015, 03:31 PM |#1066  
Thanks Meter: 183

125 posts
Donate to Me
More
Whoa, finally something I can use that piece of crap for
I'm looking forward to that "use it as a display over usb" firmware.

In the mean time: I moved the google code project for the app to github since I am actually using github for other projects now. (I am not going to continue developing the app but I will look into pull requests and if possible I will publish the new versions on Google Play. I just don't expect any developer to be interested in continuing this project :P)
https://github.com/rnplus/OpenLiveView
The Following User Says Thank You to renzenicolai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2015, 04:34 PM |#1067  
Flag Cologne

112 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by renzenicolai

Whoa, finally something I can use that piece of crap for
I'm looking forward to that "use it as a display over usb" firmware.

I currently try to find a good way to get the serial interface working on Windows aswell. I guess In the end I'll just emulate a common usb to rs232 device to get windows to think it's just a virtual com port. This way it could even be accessed through putty.
Bad thing: I did not find a good solution yet how I could flash a custom firmware using Windows.

All in all this is not a problem in linux at all. I just want to make it available to Windows users aswell.
Good thoughts appreciated.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
github, livelierview, liveview, reverse-engineer
Previous Thread Next Thread