Analysis & Opinion

[CM11][3.6][DISCUSSION] Discussion thread - Galaxy Player 3.6 - CyanogenMod 11

336 posts
Thanks Meter: 520

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
3rd January 2015, 10:33 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
OK, so you technically haven't bricked your player. Bricked means the phone won't actually boot. And yes, with the current release of CM11 for this device, you cant dual boot into recovery. Androthan is supposed to fix that in the next release.

What you want to do is reboot the player into ODIN mode. You do this by turning the device off, hold the volume down and power keys until you see the screen turn on. Immediately after that, push the volume up key and the screen should change. You should be in ODIN mode.

Then, you will connect the player to your PC and reflash the original ROM to the device using the ODIN Downloader for windows. If you have none of these files (ODIN Downloader and/or original ROM files), let me know and I will get them to you somehow.

After you have done this, you will have the original ROM and recovery flashed to the device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

25th January 2015, 11:43 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile
Thanks Henry. Unfortunately I must have lost the ability for my computer to use the USB port and it is not being recognized by my laptop. If you can point me in the right direction for finding the original files, I would appreciate that also. Sorry for not responding sooner, but I just got this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Hilliard

OK, so you technically haven't bricked your player. Bricked means the phone won't actually boot. And yes, with the current release of CM11 for this device, you cant dual boot into recovery. Androthan is supposed to fix that in the next release.

What you want to do is reboot the player into ODIN mode. You do this by turning the device off, hold the volume down and power keys until you see the screen turn on. Immediately after that, push the volume up key and the screen should change. You should be in ODIN mode.

Then, you will connect the player to your PC and reflash the original ROM to the device using the ODIN Downloader for windows. If you have none of these files (ODIN Downloader and/or original ROM files), let me know and I will get them to you somehow.

After you have done this, you will have the original ROM and recovery flashed to the device.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

9th February 2015, 09:36 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Deleted

(Because the project is discontinued, it became useless)
Last edited by Mavireck; 22nd February 2015 at 10:25 PM.
23rd February 2015, 09:57 PM |#74  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 520

Donate to Me
More
Need testers for new Custom Firmware

If you want to test my new ROM, please send a private message to me, i'll send you informations, instruction and the download links.

The new ROM will come with WiFi, Bluetooth and Camera working 

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogenmod 11, discussion, galaxy player 3.6, samsung

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)