Oneplus One Australia thread

OP kuromusha38

7th February 2015, 09:12 AM   |  #51  
Flag Backpacking Australia
Thanks Meter: 38

169 posts
More
Hi guys,

I have a bit of a problem my second Oneplus broke and I'm in Australia now.

I contacted Oneplus they want to replace it and they would pick it up but not from Australia. So I either have to get it to Europe for them to pick it up. So they gave me the address to ship it myself.

I went to the DHL depot at Sydney airport they said it would cost me $150 (AUD), I'm not planning on going back to europe again and that price is crazy.

Australia Post doesn't want to ship it because it has a battery in it.

Do you guys know a cheap solution to get it either to Hong Kong or Belgium or the UK?
(I'm currently near Innisfail, Queensland)
8th February 2015, 03:46 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 393

673 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekhez

Not to bump a really ols thread..

But I'm getting a OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone black shipped to me from Oppomart in the coming weeks. This means that its the Chinese version which I am totally aware of. I'll just unlock the bootloader, reflash CM11S (44S) and then TWRP and probably root and wait for 12S.

My question is has anyone had any troubles using Optus in the Chinese version of the OnePlus One? I'm currently with amaysim on their unlimited plan (5GB, unlimited calls, SMS and MMS, $44) and I'm not looking to change that, I get service on my Nexus 5 that I am currently using and it seems that the bands are compatible but before I go and order I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

Might be bit of a late reply but here goes...

Amaysim only uses Optus' 3G network. It doesn't have 4G, so it won't be a problem! I'm on the same plan and don't have any coverage issues, but mine's a global version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacky.ddw

Hi guys,

I have a bit of a problem my second Oneplus broke and I'm in Australia now.

I contacted Oneplus they want to replace it and they would pick it up but not from Australia. So I either have to get it to Europe for them to pick it up. So they gave me the address to ship it myself.

I went to the DHL depot at Sydney airport they said it would cost me $150 (AUD), I'm not planning on going back to europe again and that price is crazy.

Australia Post doesn't want to ship it because it has a battery in it.

Do you guys know a cheap solution to get it either to Hong Kong or Belgium or the UK?
(I'm currently near Innisfail, Queensland)

Check out Pack & Send. They ship lithium ion batteries, and at around $40-$50 (shipping to Hong Kong's cheaper, Europe is more expensive).
Last edited by vantt1; 8th February 2015 at 03:48 AM.
8th February 2015, 12:51 PM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Got mine through Gearbest for $480 Australian Delivered, as soon as I got it flashed the CM11S Rom. Been working perfect for around 3 Months now. Battery is great provided I disable skype as it chews the battery. No Complaints get an easy 2 days out of battery.. So Far Fantastic..
23rd February 2015, 04:33 PM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 69

458 posts
More
Hey guys I'm looking to buy a 64gb OPO, I live in Melbourne.
Whats the cheapest you guys have got it for? I found a few on eBay brand new for $500 and ships within the week
24th February 2015, 12:40 AM   |  #55  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 8,419

17,427 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyWhy

Whats the cheapest you guys have got it for? I found a few on eBay brand new for $500 and ships within the week

Buy it directly from OnePlus, use Shipito to get it here. You'll pay ~$400 for it.

Transmitted via Bacon
24th February 2015, 04:43 AM   |  #56  

458 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Buy it directly from OnePlus, use Shipito to get it here. You'll pay ~$400 for it.

Transmitted via Bacon

$400 USD im assuming, which means it'll be about $515 AUD :/
I think ill just get it off eBay then for $507, im just worried about warranty n such...
24th February 2015, 06:32 AM   |  #57  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 8,419

17,427 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

$400 USD im assuming, which means it'll be about $515 AUD :/
I think ill just get it off eBay then for $507, im just worried about warranty n such...

Nope, I've bought two of these last year and I paid about $400AUD each including the extra shipping charges.

Transmitted via Bacon
24th February 2015, 07:10 AM   |  #58  
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 490

2,030 posts
More
Quote:

Bought mine last year during a 15 or 20% off ebay sale for about $360. Obviously the aud was way better back then which helped.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
24th February 2015, 08:17 AM   |  #59  

458 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Nope, I've bought two of these last year and I paid about $400AUD each including the extra shipping charges.

Transmitted via Bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver2233

Bought mine last year during a 15 or 20% off ebay sale for about $360. Obviously the aud was way better back then which helped.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yeah the Australian dollar is terrible atm. $350 USD is $450 AUD

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread