FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [d2vzw]

425 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,039

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th November 2014, 12:45 PM |#831  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
MMS issues
I've been having some MMS issues on carbon... It seems to happen mostly if connected to wifi. I cannot download new messages nor send them, but after a 2nd attempt and after turning wifi off, they work. Is there a simple fix for this?

Also, what's everyone's favorite kernel? I tried the latest lean kernel but it was killing me in battery and reboots. Thanks!

12th November 2014, 12:01 PM |#832  
Latrobe, PA
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmaniac87

I've been having some MMS issues on carbon... It seems to happen mostly if connected to wifi. I cannot download new messages nor send them, but after a 2nd attempt and after turning wifi off, they work. Is there a simple fix for this?

Also, what's everyone's favorite kernel? I tried the latest lean kernel but it was killing me in battery and reboots. Thanks!

Are you using stock app for MMS or 3rd party? I have heard that this issue is carrier dependent as well as app related.
12th November 2014, 12:23 PM |#833  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlucchetti

Are you using stock app for MMS or 3rd party? I have heard that this issue is carrier dependent as well as app related.

Using Google Hangouts for messaging and on Verizon
12th November 2014, 03:57 PM |#834  
Latrobe, PA

More
[QUOTE=jpmaniac87;56686363]Using Google Hangouts for messaging and on Verizon[/QUOTE

For g&g, try the stock app and see if it works.
17th November 2014, 06:02 AM |#835  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Anyone having issues with phone volume? Randomly when I answer calls it sticks at max volume. If you volume up a few times or toggle speaker it unlocks but will reappear. I've seen this with other AOSP/CM ROMS so think may be common bug for this phone but haven't seen it reported. Everything else perfect! Thx!
26th November 2014, 03:35 AM |#836  

More
Proximity Sensor
I've been experiencing battery drain and now have a noticed that the red light that is the proximity sensor is always on. The phone always seems to be in pocket mode, even with active display of. Is there a fix for this?
Last edited by jpmaniac87; 26th November 2014 at 01:48 PM.
5th January 2015, 04:17 AM |#837  
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Just installed the 11/6 build and can't get profiles to work. Primarily the volumes won't change. Anybody else have this issue?
6th January 2015, 12:06 AM |#838  
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmaniac87

I've been experiencing battery drain and now have a noticed that the red light that is the proximity sensor is always on. The phone always seems to be in pocket mode, even with active display of. Is there a fix for this?

Perhaps try disabling Lockscreen Notifications (different from Active Display)?
6th January 2015, 04:40 PM |#839  
Flag Goldsboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Any news when Carbon rom may have a build available? I miss dark carbon

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
25th February 2015, 01:48 AM |#840  
Latrobe, PA

More
If lollipop isn't going to be viable for S3, can we see a return to tweaking and enhancing kk?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread