Post Reply

Sixaxis controller is here!

OP sir_earl

30th January 2015, 01:01 AM   |  #1591  
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_earl

I've made some quite big changes to connection type 1 to hopefully enable way more devices than before, but there's every chance that I've broken support for some devices too, so it would be great to get as much feedback from everyone about how well the attached beta version works for them, including their device and firmware details.

If your controller isn't connecting, or you're getting any strange errors, please attach a logcat to your post so I can investigate.

I'm not sure if it will fix the 'segmentation fault' some Galaxy S5 users are having though, as that might be a different issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_earl

Small tweak to fix an issue I introduced for some devices with different bluetooth library name... Please try this version instead of the above.


Hello sir_earl,

I think i have the same problem as S5 users have. Not connecting and the "segmentation fault".
Using the app checker you added on 11 december in the appstore (version 0.4.2) makes the controller work.
In the checker app i can connect wireless to my controller and the app responded to my movements . See my printscreen a few messages ago.
You can see "Client connected 1" and after that the axis i moved (Analog 1 up, Analog 2 down).

Unfortunatly when using the "real" app, i can't connect (see other printscreen).
Can it be that the solution lies in the checker app.

Is there something i can provide to help? Maybe a logcat or something.
30th January 2015, 05:42 AM   |  #1592  
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Thumbs up Rolling back to 0.8.0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamAtkins90

Hey guys I have an issue on Nexus 5 running Lollipop.
The app connects and works well but within 5 minuted it disconnects completely and i have to go back into the app restart the drivers.
Any ideas what it may be?

EDIT: rolled back to 0.8.0 and all is working great again. Will keep checking on G.play for updates but I will probably stick with this build in future.

Sent From N5

I can confirm this !!
Rolling back to 0.8.0 makes my controller working again. (Note 3, N9005 LTE, 5.0 Lollipop, (Aryamod 1.8 Rom)).
Thanks for the idea

I hope the developers get it fixed anyhow, but i have confidence they are trying/working hard on the fix.
The Following User Says Thank You to hiker123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2015, 01:25 AM   |  #1593  
LiamAtkins90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gorleston-On-Sea
Thanks Meter: 114
 
472 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker123

I can confirm this !!
Rolling back to 0.8.0 makes my controller working again. (Note 3, N9005 LTE, 5.0 Lollipop, (Aryamod 1.8 Rom)).
Thanks for the idea

I hope the developers get it fixed anyhow, but i have confidence they are trying/working hard on the fix.

Who new it was something as simple as a roll back haha.
I had similar issues that I described a few pages back about it randomly disconnecting, I may off found the culprit.
The memory leak that effects the Nexus 5 phones,
After 2/3 days without a reboot, apps randomly
close/crash and this (I think) was the case with the latest Sixaxis application.
Anyway I'm not updating to the latest version to test, because the 0.8.0 version works perfect as it is.
17th February 2015, 11:53 AM   |  #1594  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
Lightbulb Beta Testing Device: HTC Sensation Z710e
I really want to help test and get my device working, I have a HTC Sensation Z710e and a stock Sony DS4 that came with the PS4.
HTC Specs:
HTC Sensation Z710e with Firmware 3.32, S-OFF
Android Ver: 4.4.4
CM Ver: 11-20150123-UNOFFiCIAL-pyramid (CM doesn't have official past CM10 for pyramid)
Mem: 603MB
Any More Info: Please Contact Me!
17th February 2015, 08:47 PM   |  #1595  
Junior Member
Flag Makeevka
Thanks Meter: 1
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
GTA series games recognize connected gamepad as PS3 controller and use a profile for PS3 instead X-Box 360 profile. Because of this action buttons Cross-Circle and Square-Triangle are reversed.
Implies that it is because of the name of the connected controller and the controller renaming should solve the problem. You can test this problem in GTA San Andreas or GTA Chinatown Wars
21st February 2015, 04:32 AM   |  #1596  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
More
I'm a big dummy n00b and i need help badly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_earl

This thread should be used to provide feedback and troubleshooting for the Sixaxis Controller and Compatibility Checker apps.

If you have a device that you would like to see supported, and you're happy to step few a bit of debugging to help me determine the issue then please let me know, and preferably provide a screenshot of any error messages.

I'm doing my best to add support for new devices (especially HTC and Samsung), but it seems that it might not always be possible to add compatibility. In this case, the only option for running the app on said device is with an AOSP based rom such as CyanogenMod.

Also, throughout the thread I will occasionally be posting beta versions of the app that include new experimental features. I would be most appreciative of any feedback from those willing to test these new features.

For those looking for help with touch profiles, mythek88 has put together a master list here with a growing list of games. Hopefully at some stage I will add the ability to share profiles directly through the app.

Regards,

Earl

So I have rooted my nexus 7, got six axis up and running, and have successfully paired a ps3 controller. Now what?
My ultimate goal is to play gta3, vice city, and the other games that have been released on the play market by rockstar. But i'm a LOOOOOOONG ways away from that.

In the sixaxis app there is an "edit mapping" under preferences. I don't understand how to use this utility, and I can't seem to find any information about it on the dancing pixels website. I am not talking about the "touch emulator." Just trying to use the controller to basically navigate on my tablet is nearly impossible, the current key mapping is indecipherable. For example, the most logical use of the "x" button for me would be to select or confirm what ever I have highlighted. however this seems to act as a back button.
So far the controller is generally un usable. I have game pade mode enabled, changed IME, etc. I just can't get it to function in any reasonable way.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Has anyone had the same struggle? Can anyone shed some light on how to get my paired ps3 controller to behave in a logical way? I hope this makes sense. I fear that I may be so dumb that I cannot accurately describe my difficulties. I must be doing something wrong, it doesn't make sense that Sixaxis would require hours of tweaking and setup just to work like a "native" controller.

I am losing my mind! Everything I've read, all the videos I've watched said that this was the end all answer for gaming on a tablet, and I can't get basic function out of this.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I am begging for help. I am a silly stupid noob who just wants to play games on my nexus, and I am at your mercy.
21st February 2015, 11:02 AM   |  #1597  
LiamAtkins90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gorleston-On-Sea
Thanks Meter: 114
 
472 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdenimelk

So I have rooted my nexus 7, got six axis up and running, and have successfully paired a ps3 controller. Now what?
My ultimate goal is to play gta3, vice city, and the other games that have been released on the play market by rockstar. But i'm a LOOOOOOONG ways away from that.

In the sixaxis app there is an "edit mapping" under preferences. I don't understand how to use this utility, and I can't seem to find any information about it on the dancing pixels website. I am not talking about the "touch emulator." Just trying to use the controller to basically navigate on my tablet is nearly impossible, the current key mapping is indecipherable. For example, the most logical use of the "x" button for me would be to select or confirm what ever I have highlighted. however this seems to act as a back button.
So far the controller is generally un usable. I have game pade mode enabled, changed IME, etc. I just can't get it to function in any reasonable way.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Has anyone had the same struggle? Can anyone shed some light on how to get my paired ps3 controller to behave in a logical way? I hope this makes sense. I fear that I may be so dumb that I cannot accurately describe my difficulties. I must be doing something wrong, it doesn't make sense that Sixaxis would require hours of tweaking and setup just to work like a "native" controller.

I am losing my mind! Everything I've read, all the videos I've watched said that this was the end all answer for gaming on a tablet, and I can't get basic function out of this.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I am begging for help. I am a silly stupid noob who just wants to play games on my nexus, and I am at your mercy.

Hey, don't worry, I DO know your struggle.
The gamepad mapping I know very well, example, GTA San Andreas controls are backwards, X is jumps triangle shoot etc, I can't remember the exact way to map the buttons correctly, you will have to press each button and note it down, like X is jump in GTA (which should be Square) in SixAxis Map X is represented as Y for example so we set Square to Y.
And as far as navigating your tablet, I'd advise using Mouse emulation which can be found under settings in the app, power button to launch the mouse on screen, X to select and ∆ to go back.
Any questions just ask
25th February 2015, 07:06 AM   |  #1598  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Lightbulb
Would it be possible to maybe make a list somewhere for 3rd party PS3 controllers that work with this. Since some of us don't have PS3s and don't want to drop ~$40-50 on a controller, or do have a PS3 and don't want to keep swapping back and forth and just want a cheap alternative lying around for use with the tablet? Maybe even have some small work arounds if some need them. (Like reinstall the pair tool, only use USB cable on tablet etc.)
25th February 2015, 11:20 AM   |  #1599  
LiamAtkins90's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gorleston-On-Sea
Thanks Meter: 114
 
472 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverynthia

Would it be possible to maybe make a list somewhere for 3rd party PS3 controllers that work with this. Since some of us don't have PS3s and don't want to drop ~$40-50 on a controller, or do have a PS3 and don't want to keep swapping back and forth and just want a cheap alternative lying around for use with the tablet? Maybe even have some small work arounds if some need them. (Like reinstall the pair tool, only use USB cable on tablet etc.)

I got my PS3 controller from eBay, it cost me about 20 in my currency, I don't know how many dollars that would be maybe $35?
Wasn't that much, compared to a brand new one that would cost 50+
I got mine 2nd hand.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes