GPS Issue with LG G2 mini?

OP GNT00Q

8th January 2015, 10:31 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

36 posts
Hi, Im dealing with Signal loss too.

Any solution? is it a known bug? should i return it to the store?
8th January 2015, 09:37 PM   |  #12  
Flag Snaith
Thanks Meter: 1

145 posts
More
I had same issues with gps, worked fine at first then could not get a fix.
I solved the problem by rolling back to a previous version of Google maps.
The latest version appears to mess something up and no gps software can get a fix, I tried stuff like faster fix and changing the gps.conf file but nothing worked.
Now I've gone back to version 7.5.0 of Google maps all is fine I get a fix indoors.
9th January 2015, 08:36 AM   |  #13  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 21

42 posts
More
i've had a simmilar problem... but i found out that my d620r won't fix gps only when mobile data is off, otherwise it works just fine
9th January 2015, 09:23 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 5

24 posts
More
Yes, there is a problem with GPS.

There is an easy way to fix it, IF you are rooted.
1. You download this: Faster GPS
2. Set the missing parameters and you're done. Works perfect for me and couple other people.

If you are not rooted, then sorrry, you need to get it rooted.
9th January 2015, 12:50 PM   |  #15  

2 posts
Hi

For the D620 with a gps who get fix, what do you think about the signal quality ? Outdoor, I think it's ok, but in car ? Indoor ?

Do you know where is the GPS antenna ? Three days ago, I opened my D620, but I did'nt saw the GPS antenna...I think the signal is from LTE antenna, but I can't be sure...

Thanks you for infos !

Fred
20th February 2015, 01:37 PM   |  #16  

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by croqueurdos

Hi all

...But recently, I buy a Moto G 2nd gen for my wife (same snapdragon 400 than the G2 mini (D620fr for me)) and the gps fix between 3-5 seconds...with 3m of accuracy oO Indoor or outdoor... Better gps antenna ? I don't know...

How can I improve the signal to have a good SNR ?

(For the rest, if you have agps pb, you need to root and change manually or with fasterfix (don't run on mine......strange) the NTP server in file 'gps.conf' in 'system/etc' with your country server (if you want root your G2 mini, you can use the method for G3 (purpledrake). Easy to found with search engine.)).

Running on rooted D620r but with minimal changes from stock 4.4.2(Purpledrake worked for me as well).

I got TTFF of many minutes (on a good day!) vs. 5 seconds on a moto G and 30 secs on Nexus 7 2013 all under the same conditions. Clearing and reloading AGPS data just made it take longer, especially if there was no data connection. It seems like it is an RF problem as, even once it has the almanac, it only receives <5 sats out of 15-18 "visible". The SNR is at least 10dB less than other GPS under the same conditions. I normally have most things blocked on the firewall but did allow all connections to see if it improved. However, I don't see much point in a GPS that needs data connectivity to work. It didn't make much difference in the final performance allowing it to get to an NTP server.

I go slightly better performance pointing the back to the sky but there was not much in it. I have returned it for a refund and can't decide if it is worth trying another one.
Last edited by davex7; 20th February 2015 at 01:41 PM.
25th February 2015, 12:20 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 3

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moochermick

I had same issues with gps, worked fine at first then could not get a fix.
I solved the problem by rolling back to a previous version of Google maps.
The latest version appears to mess something up and no gps software can get a fix, I tried stuff like faster fix and changing the gps.conf file but nothing worked.
Now I've gone back to version 7.5.0 of Google maps all is fine I get a fix indoors.

I got mine with Google Maps 7.7.0, and it updated to 9.2.0. I've uninstalled Maps completely (by using Titanium Backup - root needed), and I got a fix today in some 15 sec. It was inside the car, and it was raining. Under the way I lost the signal a couple of times, but I could not expect anything better with such wetter. Let's see how good it will be with nice wetter outside.

btw. I've also uninstalled GSP-Status. It is a small app that starts with every GPS app, and it helps by "injecting" AGPS data.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread