[Guide] Upgrading Ace to KitKat 4.4.4 |2014.09.06|

OP brijeshep

16th February 2015, 03:32 PM   |  #161  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emokid117

Currently using the final build, I don't really see any performance difference other than stability, and the wifi problem seems to be the same even on a GB rom, so I'm guessing it's a hardware problem now. tsk tsk. Any recommendations?

Its probably a hardware problem if the wifi doesn't work in other roms too. Sorry, i have no recommendations. Btw, how is the battery life now?
Last edited by Super Villain; 16th February 2015 at 03:52 PM.
16th February 2015, 03:35 PM   |  #162  
Flag Butuan City
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Villain

Its probably a hardware problem if the wifi doesn't work in other roms too. Sorry, i have no recommendations. Btw, how is the battery life now?

still quite bad...battery reads 100% charge when turned off, yet when I boot up it reads less than 50% which is odd. Had this problem before though, simply changed the rom, but right now...nothing works.
16th February 2015, 03:48 PM   |  #163  

8 posts
Quote:

still quite bad...battery reads 100% charge when turned off, yet when I boot up it reads less than 50% which is odd. Had this problem before though, simply changed the rom, but right now...nothing works.

Oh.. Well, i got no idea about that issue. I don't know if this will work or not, but try calibrating the battery. If that doesn't work too then you have a faulty battery and wifi.
16th February 2015, 08:25 PM   |  #164  

1 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Geemaggio

Hi @apexi666,
I've just installed the latest RC (which is RC14) and am experiencing none of the bugs you speak of.
Firstly I flashed the latest TWRP recovery for cooper from this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2664340
Within TWRP I then went into the 'Wipe' section and wiped cache, dalvic cache, data and system.
After this I reinstalled CWM 6.0.5.3_1 (a link to it's thread is in a few posts up) via TWRP, and rebooted into CWM recovery.
Then via CWM, I installed CM11 RC14, followed by mini gapps and followed by CM11 account (links for gapps and CM account are at the start of this thread)
I finally selected 'Reboot Phone Now', and everything is working perfectly. The keyboard even works!
So worth a try if you have the time
Steve
Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi mate.
Worked flawlessly. Thanks.
23rd February 2015, 06:40 PM   |  #165  
Flag Denpasar
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
i can't install bbm when i open it say , bbm stop working how to fix ?
25th February 2015, 09:04 AM   |  #166  

2 posts
Question Droid ace to latest build of CM
Hello,
I am currently using DroidAce v4(CM 9 unofficial android 4.0.4) in my Ace s5380 with CWM v6.0.4.6

It is a nice rom but doesn't solve the biggest issue , the ridiculous amount of storage space available.
I read in this forum that it is possible to increase it.
I have rooted my phone myself but I am a complete novice.So please can anyone guide me to how to get the latest and comparatively stable version of cyanogenmod , and how to use memory card space for internal memory usage(partition maybe).
Thank you.
25th February 2015, 03:19 PM   |  #167  
Thanks Meter: 9

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkiforever007

Hello,
I am currently using DroidAce v4(CM 9 unofficial android 4.0.4) in my Ace s5380 with CWM v6.0.4.6

It is a nice rom but doesn't solve the biggest issue , the ridiculous amount of storage space available.
I read in this forum that it is possible to increase it.
I have rooted my phone myself but I am a complete novice.So please can anyone guide me to how to get the latest and comparatively stable version of cyanogenmod , and how to use memory card space for internal memory usage(partition maybe).
Thank you.

Hello,

Refer to post #133, of this thread, for links to the latest (and final) build of CM11 for the Galaxy Ace, the latest CWM (6.0.5.3_1) and Google Play Store. A link to CM Account is available at the start of this thread.

Then refer to post #144, of this thread also, for install instructions. Read the 'edit' part at the bottom of this post first.

As regards storage, I'm currently running the final build of CM11, untouched and freshly installed and have 70MB of free internal space available of 178MB and find it to run very smoothly and for there to be no bugs. If you require more internal storage, then an 'apps to SD' from the Play Store may be of use to you.

Happy Flashing!

Steve

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote:

did you try installing any scripts? I want to install the int2sd script to increase my internal memory but I seem to have problems with the wifi every single time. Also I tried your method of installing, I still lose Apollo and the File Manager.

Hello,

No I've never installed any scripts I'm afraid, so I can't help you there.

I would retry following my instructions from post #144 if you're still experiencing WiFi issues and losing apps. Also make sure to read my 'edit' at the bottom of post #144 and go for the final build rather than RC14.

I initially updated CM via cmupdater but found my keyboard to be missing, but the clean wipe method has never let me down. I'm experiencing no issues now, so hopefully it should work for you too.

Steve

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.3, cooper, gt-s5830, kitkat
Previous Thread Next Thread