Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Unofficial TWRP Padfone X

28th January 2015, 01:10 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 24

39 posts
Worked perfect for me. Just got it with stock 4.4.2, rooted it with TowelRoot v1 (from here), then installed the following apps from Play Store: SuperSU (with binaries) and BusyBox.

It was easier to just download the "TWRP-Nexus5repack-AO1.img" (from here) and then renamed it to "recovery.img" and copied it to the root of the phone's internal storage (aka. /sdcard/)

1.) Boot up phone normally, make sure that USB Debugging is enabled (in Developer Options), connect phone to computer via USB.
2.) Then in command prompt (on computer in folder with ADB files), ran this:
Code:
adb shell su -c 'dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery' bs=4096; sync; reboot recovery;"
3.) Check your device for any pop-ups and grant root access to shell. Allow any Superuser permissions that pop up.
4.) IMPORTANT: Wait 2 minutes after the screen is black, and then press power button.

Done.

Hope this helps someone out there.
Last edited by eyeoncomputers; 5th February 2015 at 11:07 PM.
5th February 2015, 04:03 AM   |  #32  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marion, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,791

3,534 posts
Donate to Me
More
Rooted with TowelRoot v1 and installed SuperSU.

Downloaded the recovery and put it on the root of the sdcard which is sdcard0

Opened command prompt in my adb folder and pasted the following:

Code:
adb shell "curl 'http://builds.casual-dev.com/files/Asus/Padfone%20X/TWRP-Nexus5repack-AO1.img'>/sdcard/recovery.img; su -c 'dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery' bs=4096; sync; reboot recovery;"
Hit enter, phone rebooted and went to the Asus screen and has been sitting there ever since. Anyone have any suggestions on what went wrong and how to fix it?

EDIT: Rebooted phone and now it's booting up. Checking to see if recovery is installed.

EDIT 2: Now I have no recovery at all.

EDIT 3: Followed instructions in the post above, phone won't even boot now.

EDIT 4: Got phone to reboot and is now booting up. Still no recovery installed.

EDIT 5: I boot into what should be recovery mode, screen displays the ASUS logo for a few seconds, then goes black.

EDIT 6: Waited the 2 minutes (actually about 1 minute) pressed the power button and TWRP showed up. Thanks to everyone who worked on this!
Last edited by spc_hicks09; 5th February 2015 at 04:15 AM.
6th February 2015, 03:01 AM   |  #33  

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc_hicks09

Rooted with TowelRoot v1 and installed SuperSU.

Downloaded the recovery and put it on the root of the sdcard which is sdcard0

Opened command prompt in my adb folder and pasted the following:

Code:
adb shell "curl 'http://builds.casual-dev.com/files/Asus/Padfone%20X/TWRP-Nexus5repack-AO1.img'>/sdcard/recovery.img; su -c 'dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery' bs=4096; sync; reboot recovery;"
Hit enter, phone rebooted and went to the Asus screen and has been sitting there ever since. Anyone have any suggestions on what went wrong and how to fix it?

EDIT: Rebooted phone and now it's booting up. Checking to see if recovery is installed.

EDIT 2: Now I have no recovery at all.

EDIT 3: Followed instructions in the post above, phone won't even boot now.

EDIT 4: Got phone to reboot and is now booting up. Still no recovery installed.

EDIT 5: I boot into what should be recovery mode, screen displays the ASUS logo for a few seconds, then goes black.

EDIT 6: Waited the 2 minutes (actually about 1 minute) pressed the power button and TWRP showed up. Thanks to everyone who worked on this!

Glad you got it working.

I edited my post above yours to make it clearer, so that it could help the next person that reads it.
The Following User Says Thank You to eyeoncomputers For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2015, 11:49 PM   |  #34  
I found the link.
this should be the correct code now
adb shell "curl 'https://builds.casual-dev.com/files/CASPAC/Asus/Padfone%20X/TWRP-Nexus5repack-AO1.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery' bs=4096; sync; reboot recovery;"
Last edited by tjsooley; 10th February 2015 at 01:36 PM.
14th February 2015, 06:04 PM   |  #36  
The recovery link I found does not work. When flashed I hit power after 2 mins and nothing. Can anyone help me get twrp or any custom recovery on this thing?
14th February 2015, 09:32 PM   |  #37  

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsooley

The recovery link I found does not work. When flashed I hit power after 2 mins and nothing. Can anyone help me get twrp or any custom recovery on this thing?

Look at the post on top of this page, I show you how to do it with details.

I recommend to download the img onto your computer first.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread