Post Reply

CUSPTECH Android Headunit

OP ryrager

21st February 2015, 11:07 PM   |  #151  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by design engnr

Hi everyone,
Pretty new to these units, Need help asap. I have a Cusptech CP-6203 universal unit. It is running KitKat 4.4.2. And the Aug 23 13 MCU. I tried to update the firmware but it bricked my unit. I tried to flash to another firmware and same result. Now the RST button does not seem to be working and I cannot get to fast boot loader. Help!
Thanks,
Dave

Hey Dave, which Firmware version did you take to update the unit? Most of the latest ones are crappy.
Take the one I mentioned in Post #147 (first link) put all files in the root folder of a microsd. Insert the micro sd into the unit and restart it by connecting the power to the unit or pushing the reset button with connected power.
If you push the reset button, the unit usually rest dark, you must push the on/off button so that the screen goes on. When a sd card with firmware is in the unit, the update should start immediatly after pushing the reset button without even pushing the on/off knob.
22nd February 2015, 12:28 AM   |  #152  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias.s

Hey Dave, which Firmware version did you take to update the unit? Most of the latest ones are crappy.
Take the one I mentioned in Post #147 (first link) put all files in the root folder of a microsd. Insert the micro sd into the unit and restart it by connecting the power to the unit or pushing the reset button with connected power.
If you push the reset button, the unit usually rest dark, you must push the on/off button so that the screen goes on. When a sd card with firmware is in the unit, the update should start immediatly after pushing the reset button without even pushing the on/off knob.


Thanks for the response, The firmware I originally tried was 11-26-2014. Now the big problem is that I cannot get the unit to reset by pressing the rst button. I press it and nothing happens. Just a black screen. I can push every button on the front but the screen will not come on and show any part of the update procedure. I also tried putting in the sd card and then powering on the unit to hope it would enter fast boot , but nothing. Any other thoughts, I liked the unit before, i should have just left it alone. Any chance I could connect it to a PC to try and trouble shoot?
22nd February 2015, 12:34 AM   |  #153  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by design engnr

Thanks for the response, The firmware I originally tried was 11-26-2014. Now the big problem is that I cannot get the unit to reset by pressing the rst button. I press it and nothing happens. Just a black screen. I can push every button on the front but the screen will not come on and show any part of the update procedure. I also tried putting in the sd card and then powering on the unit to hope it would enter fast boot , but nothing. Any other thoughts, I liked the unit before, i should have just left it alone. Any chance I could connect it to a PC to try and trouble shoot?


Please disconnect the unit completlyfrom main/12v, then insert the micro sd card with the firmware in post #147 and reconnect the unit to power (both Bat+ACC 12v). If the first card reader does not work, please also try the other one. This should actually start fastboot.
22nd February 2015, 07:52 PM   |  #154  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
Battery Full
Just disconnected the positive and negative terminal on my battery. Inserted the SD card, reconnected the battery and turned the key on. No response from unit. Gave it a solid minute and pressed the rest button. Again nothing just a black screen.
22nd February 2015, 08:30 PM   |  #155  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by design engnr

Thanks for the response, The firmware I originally tried was 11-26-2014. Now the big problem is that I cannot get the unit to reset by pressing the rst button. I press it and nothing happens. Just a black screen. I can push every button on the front but the screen will not come on and show any part of the update procedure. I also tried putting in the sd card and then powering on the unit to hope it would enter fast boot , but nothing. Any other thoughts, I liked the unit before, i should have just left it alone. Any chance I could connect it to a PC to try and trouble shoot?

Hi,

can you try the procedure described in post #133?
22nd February 2015, 08:55 PM   |  #156  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
That is the procedure I originally tried. The only difference is I used an 8GB card formatted as you said. The big issue now is I cannot get it into fast boot mode. The rst button does nothing anymore. I tried starting the unit with the SD card in and nothing as well just a black screen. I unhooked the positive and negative terminals on my battery and then reconnected them. Inserted the SD card prior to reconnecting the battery. Then turned on the key and still nothing. Does it matter it isn't a 16 GB card?

For reference the rst button did work initially when I tried to update and bricked the unit.

Dave
23rd February 2015, 01:17 AM   |  #157  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
Tobias,
You mentioned a second card reader in you last post. My unit only has the one SD slot. Could one of the usb interfaces be made to work?
25th February 2015, 08:41 PM   |  #158  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2015
Well, this sure was an expensive brick. I get no response at all from the screen. However It is getting some sort of power as blutooth will activate. My phone can connect, however I get no audio and response from the display. Anyone know if I can read anything from the USB?
25th February 2015, 11:33 PM   |  #159  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by design engnr

That is the procedure I originally tried. The only difference is I used an 8GB card formatted as you said. The big issue now is I cannot get it into fast boot mode. The rst button does nothing anymore. I tried starting the unit with the SD card in and nothing as well just a black screen. I unhooked the positive and negative terminals on my battery and then reconnected them. Inserted the SD card prior to reconnecting the battery. Then turned on the key and still nothing. Does it matter it isn't a 16 GB card?

For reference the rst button did work initially when I tried to update and bricked the unit.

Dave

Well, I don't know if the 16GB size is important or not.
I know I had the same issue and fixed it with the exact procedure stated in post #133.
I think the reset button and the power disconnect / reconnect does the same thing.

Did you try to flash a 2.3 firmware version?
The version you can flash depends on your MCU version.
Maybe it's worth trying to flash older versions like c20140911-kk-ml or even a 2.3 one.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes