Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
I use latest firmware to update my phone (220.127.116.11) recently and able to revive my bricked phone (few month ago with the the 18.104.22.168 ww firmware)
a little update on my mini guide should be more clear now
- Download ADB and Fastboot (install at c:\adb for easy access )
- Download and install the Windows zenfone 5 driver
- Download firmware from Asus site for WW ( extract this zip file to get fastboot.img, boot.img and copy these to your ADB Fastboot folder )
- Rename the WWzip into "rom.zip" and move it to your ADB Fastboot folder (for easy typing in cmd)
- Turn Off your phone - connect to pc with usb cable
- Hold vol up and then press power On button of your phone - Keep holding both buttons, it should went into Droidboot screen.
- Open command prompt (cmd) and go to your ADB Fastboot folder (e.g. cd C:\adb)
- Type the following 2 lines: "fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img" and "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (look phone screen, should say successfully done for both)
- Scroll down(use volume keys) to recovery and select it(use power key) and your phone will reboot
- now that you are in recovery(you can see a droid symbol lying down with red triangle over its stomach)
- Hold Vol Down and press Vol up (menu should appear)
- Choose "Apply update from adb"
- From cmd above type "adb sideload rom.zip"
- Wipe cache/dat and reboot