FORUMS

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Micro SD Card

699 posts
Thanks Meter: 109

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st October 2014, 06:11 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 470

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1000

I have the Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB, the Ultra 128GB and Samsung Pro 64GB. Benched all three and the Ultra is definitely the slowest by a good margin. The Sandisk Extreme Plus was slightly quicker on reads than the Samsung (50Mbps read / 40 Mbps write) , but the Samsung was a bit quicker on writes (45Mbps read / 45 Mbps write). The Samsung seemed to be more consistent as well. This was using A1 SD Bench. Not going to swap out cards and run them all again so you'll just have to take my word for it.

The Sandisk Mobile Ultra(now Sandisk renames it to Ultra 200x) is definitely the slowest one and you can also see that from the price range, it is just a very cheap card. On the other hand, there is also a couple of models of Sandisk Mobile Extreme like 300x, 400x, 533x so it depends which one you are talking about. The Sandisk Extreme Plus I believe is the old name of 300x/400x/533x. There is also a Sandisk Mobile Extreme pro 633x now.

Furthermore, Sandisk usually used not only one production line and the speed usually is different.

1st October 2014, 06:16 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEndHK

The Sandisk Mobile Ultra(now Sandisk renames it to Ultra 200x) is definitely the slowest one and you can also see that from the price range, it is just a very cheap card. On the other hand, there is also a couple of models of Sandisk Mobile Extreme like 300x, 400x, 533x so it depends which one you are talking about. The Sandisk Extreme Plus I believe is the old name of 300x/400x/533x. There is also a Sandisk Mobile Extreme pro 633x now.

Furthermore, Sandisk usually used not only one production line and the speed usually is different.

Yeah they've gone through a few naming schemes and it's SUPER confusing. They DO now have a Extreme plus 64GB! They used to not have it. I believe they also had 2 different SKU's for Sandisk Extreme Plus cards, not sure what the difference was.

Very confusing.
1st October 2014, 10:25 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I have this item. http://www.lexar.com/microsd-633x

Lexar 64GB 633x microSD. It comes with a nice and small USB 3.0 reader on its own. I got 70MB/s read and 70MB/s write on computer with ATTO Benchmark, plugged in USB 3.0 port. Of course the speeds will be lower on Z2, compared to these. But it's still an amazing card.
11th February 2015, 04:13 AM |#24  
Flag Kozhikode
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Have anyone tried Sony's 64GB microSDXC Memory Card UHS-I Class 10 Model: SR-64UXA with 95MBPS speed???
11th February 2015, 06:01 AM |#25  
Flag Mabalacat
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I don't know about Samsung cards, but from personal experience the Strontium Nitro 566X is faster than the Sandisk UItra.
Shame that I can't use the sdcard for apps without root/custom rom lol
11th February 2015, 07:14 AM |#26  
Flag Kozhikode

More
But u can after rooting and/or after updating to Lollipop!
Google wanted to popularize its cloud service and it failed to do so but it definitely increased the internet usage in India :P
Last edited by bluheart; 26th February 2015 at 01:44 PM.
26th February 2015, 01:45 PM |#27  
Flag Kozhikode

More
I bought Sony MicroSd and got reading speed of 44mbps and write speed of 25mbps
On my Z2 and it's much faster via adapter on my laptop
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread