Announcement from Alberto96: 20141227v2 Build Released
20th January 2015, 08:14 PM   |  #1461  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyjo

Ooooppppsssss.... I'm sorry @Alberto96 for mistyped your name / ID. I hope your exam is going well
Thanks @diegolopez10

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Hi @mr_mtc,

I've just found what the problem was. It was my screen filter app (Twilight) that prevent me to hit popup box. weblink : paranoidandroid.atlassian.net/browse/AOSPA-772
And I think it is solved . Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it

Hi @fyjo, happy to know that you managed to resolve your issue I've also made a mental note of it in case it should pop up anywhere else

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto96

1) Known bug.

2) Perfect.

3) It seems more hardware related.

4) Logs will help me.

5) It will be fixed soon.

Maybe there's something running on background eating system resources.

All is going well, thank you

Don't worry

Hi @Alberto96,

Thanks for replying Happy to hear your exams are going well! Below please find my feedback on the points you have mentioned:
1.) Noted. Its not that major, my music still streams fine to my car sound system so all is good \/
2.) Cool
3.) It does seem to be more of a hardware issue, but I never experienced it on lower versions of Android. Then again, when I was using lower versions of Android the phone was still new; so as it got older the hardware may have become faulty I will investigate further from my side - maybe drop to a lower version of Android and let you know. Or maybe its perhaps time to try out your GearCM CyanogenMod 12 :P
4.) Ok cool, will try grab a log of this.
5.) Awesome, thanks
21st January 2015, 09:17 PM   |  #1462  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermainZ

Somewhat of a warning to those considering flashing this: the audio disappearing isn't as rare as you might hope, and you very well may miss your alarms because of this (it's happened four times to me so far; a reboot fixes it, but rebooting before going to sleep doesn't seem to always do the trick).

I'm personally happy with the ROM, but I don't solely rely on my phone for alarms. If you do, you may want to consider this.

Hi @GermainZ,

I use the following trick for this:
  • Ensure you have tone set for when you plug in your AC charger i.e. the phone should make an audible beep when you plug in your charger.
  • Before going to sleep set your alarm
  • Plug in your AC charger and ensure you hear the beep. If you don't hear the beep; make a phone call or restart the phone. Plug in charger again and ensure you hear the beep
  • Go to sleep

Using the above procedure has ensured that my alarm has always woken me up Hope this helps :P
21st January 2015, 09:53 PM   |  #1463  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 7,882

6,125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_mtc

Hi @GermainZ,

I use the following trick for this:

• Ensure you have tone set for when you plug in your AC charger i.e. the phone should make an audible beep when you plug in your charger.
  • Before going to sleep set your alarm
  • Plug in your AC charger and ensure you hear the beep. If you don't hear the beep; make a phone call or restart the phone. Plug in charger again and ensure you hear the beep
  • Go to sleep

Using the above procedure has ensured that my alarm has always woken me up Hope this helps :P

My phone's always silenced so it's a bit more complicated (I just play some media) but thanks.
29th January 2015, 09:41 PM   |  #1464  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Zram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto96

Discuss here about my optimized CM11 Builds.

Use ROM's thread ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2624467 ) only for Bug Report.

Thank you.

Hello, I' m trying to enable zram with 20141227v2 build from this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4467&nocache=1). I can create and activate the device, but my testing showed that zram is not being used. It uses only 4kb although I apply a lot of memory pressure using an app I designed for such thing. Using the same technique I can get the Samsung kitkat to use zram. Something I should be looking for?
15th February 2015, 01:22 PM   |  #1465  

0 posts
Gt-i9500 gearcm latest version
The best rom im ever used!!!!
Alberto96 keep working bro cant wait for your stable version of lollipop
21st February 2015, 11:26 PM   |  #1466  

0 posts
Thers a very low volume speaker on alarms how can i solve it?
26th February 2015, 05:00 PM   |  #1467  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Modugno (BA)
Thanks Meter: 8,107

4,176 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuzye

Hello, I' m trying to enable zram with 20141227v2 build from this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4467&nocache=1). I can create and activate the device, but my testing showed that zram is not being used. It uses only 4kb although I apply a lot of memory pressure using an app I designed for such thing. Using the same technique I can get the Samsung kitkat to use zram. Something I should be looking for?

GearCM kernel doesn't have zRAM support (because it reduces a lot performance, our is more than enough to handle latest apps)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmirDekel

Thers a very low volume speaker on alarms how can i solve it?

Wait next build
Today, 11:30 AM   |  #1468  
Flag alex
Thanks Meter: 1

33 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quick guide :confused:
Well i'm heavy user " Gaming , photographing, using a lot of apps ,,, etc,"...
will this Rom will be good for me as a daily use on my phone ??
i read there is a bug with the camera " can't connect " error .. is this error fixed or not ?
i hope can someone help me .
Thank you ,, have a good day

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alberto96, answers, discussion, questions, unofficial
Previous Thread Next Thread