Originally Posted by gorunf
1. Unpack Root fe170.zip
2. Place update_supersu.zip to root of your SD card.
3. Boot fonepad into FASTBOOT (Make shure the device is turned off. Press and hold powe and vol+ until you see the FASTBOOT menu)
4. Connect fonepad to pc.
5. Go to folder where you unpack Root fe170.zip
6. Launch launcher.bat
7. type ACCEPT
8 if all ok you will see
9. Then type T2
After this your phone pad will load CWM recovery. (Then its loadin yo may see on screen some stripes or othe artefacts. It's Normal)
10. Now use CWM recovery menu to install zip from SD card
11. Afte install zip go to reboot menu and select reboot system now (if you get question about to root your devise, ask yes)
12. Now boot normaly and install SuperSU.
Tested on android 4.4.2
P.S: Also nandroid backup work via online CWM
Confirmed! This approach works 100%.
I am on factory-stock kitkat upgraded to latest kitkat from OTA before following the steps.
Thank you for SuperSU! I was able to remove ASUS bloatware and speed up my fonepad.